Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Dining Plan Question

Dining Plan Question

I have searched the "fine print" Disney sends with the dining plan but have been unable to find answers for two specific questions and am wondering if anyone has any insight.

#1) Are Children under the age of 10 required to order from the kids menu?

#2) What specific type of substitutions are available for dessert?

2. # ADS

It depends on which restaurant you are at and which server you get.

I know totally vague but case in point, when we went to the Coral reef restaurant in January our server allowed us to sub the salad for the dessert, when I asked the server in March if I could do that the answer was no. I did not push it or anything because my feeling was I bought a package that stated entree, dessert and drink, I was lucky once and was able to change it, not the servers fault I didn’t feel like dessert that night.

It’s been at least ten years since I’ve had an under 10 year old but I believe if you purchased the child’s dinning package the child has to order off the children’s menu. But some restaurants (and servers) will allow a smaller adult entree. Again it’s all about the asking at each restaurant with each server.

Dining Plan Question

Hi. Yes expect to order off the children’s menu for children under 10. Or upgrade them to the adult plan. I frequently ask for fruit for desert and they manage to do that quite often. Not always though.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Quote Originally Posted by smilingkelly View Post
    I have searched the "fine print" Disney sends with the dining plan but have been unable to find answers for two specific questions and am wondering if anyone has any insight.

#1) Are Children under the age of 10 required to order from the kids menu?

#2) What specific type of substitutions are available for dessert?
    The fine print is very vague as you indicated as the party line is it is dependent upon the restaurant and chef. What I can tell you is it also depends which dining plan if any that you may have. Our experience this March was that since we had the deluxe dining plan of 3 TS meals/day, servers immediately offered my child his choice. If he wanted to mix & match between the adult menu & kids (for example his normal choice was the kids app & dessert and an adult entree) he could. I know that when using the standard dining plan (1 CS/1 TS), the kids were limited to the kids menu. Saying that, friends of ours that traveled in January several times had their child accommodated with a smaller portion of an adult entree. As previously mentioned this is solely at the server/chefs discretion. Obviously if you are paying out of pocket for your meals, you can opp to purchase anything you would like for your child, just be prepared to possibly pay the adult price.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

For table service yes they must order from kids menu. For quick service, they arent differentiated between adult and kid credits so you can get away with ordering an adult meal.

Those are good insights to take consideration.