Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Tinkerbell and Grumpy - September '18 Mission: Create a DisneyFreak

Tinkerbell and Grumpy - September '18 Mission: Create a DisneyFreak

I am a DisneyFreak. No 12 step programs for me, I have great coping skills.
    It has been almost 2 years since my last venture to the World, and I am past due for a vacation anywhere! (Disney is where i truely feel "on vacation").
    My wonderful bf, Grumpy, and I have been dating for 6 months and he is well aware of my Mouse Affliction.
    AND.....HE IS 46 AND HAS NEVER BEEN TO DISNEY!!
    Such a cruel, cruel existance, amirite??!!
    Imma fix that.
    Characters:
    Tinkerbell - Me, 46 years old. Hospice RN. Been to Disney almost every year since age 4. Vacation planner
    Grumpy - BF, 46 years old. Welding Inspector.
    Trip dates: september 28 - october 3
    Plans include:
    MNSSHP
    50's Prime Time
    Food and Wine Festival
    Ohana
    and possibly a low cost tour (open to suggestions!)
    I have made a couple of dining ressies, and toying around with touring plans. I have to play it kind of loose because Grumpy is nervous about crowds and not too sure what exactly he is going to enjoy. Although he likes a schedule. He has some motion sickness issues (im a nurse and plan to medicate, lol). I do plan on rope drops, and hotel breaks most days. I like being in the parks early and neither one of us are big on breakfast. I have no "must dos", but I do want to see Pandora at night and at least ride Nav'i. Everything will be new and hopefully wonderful for him and I am happy just being on property.
    As my plan comes together I will share and I welcome all suggestions.
    Tinkerbell

2. # ADS

Can't wait to read your trip report!! Hope you're successful in making at least a mouse lover out of him, if not a mouse freak! Are you staying on property? All your ideas sound great.

Jan

"A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference." --Eeyore

When you get to 60 days out and make your FPP do your Flight of Passage and Slinky Dog Dash ones first then go back and do all the others. I did mine yesterday and they were nearly all gone when I started the process and gone an hour later when I’d finished (I was doing 15 days worth so it took a while).

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Hello Jan! Thanks for the reply. we are staying at Pop. its my first time there, and im excited that the rooms have been renovated recently. We have 5 day park hoppers and the Dining Plan (1 table service, 1 quick service plan).
    so far my dining plans are:
    September 28th SyFi
    September 30th Ohana
    October 1st Yachtsman
    Ive eaten at SyFi and Ohana several times and think my bf will enjoy both the food and atmosphere.
    Im planning MNSSHP on the 30th and have an early dinner at Ohana. Right now Im thinking we will play that day by ear, possibly some down time or Ill talk my bf into touring some resorts. I managed hotels for a decade and LOVE touring the different properties.

I see you are a night owl, Scoobydooby! My 60 days threshold is end of July. I sure hope I am set on my park days by then. I keep vacillating between touring philosophies. Lol.
    Can you tell me what time your 60 days starts - Is it midnight? So literally midnight on 60 days as the calendar reads?
    I would like to experience FoP, but apprehensive about bf's motion sickness. I wont be terribly disappointed if I dont get the latest/greatest. Grumpy is gonna be amazed by plain 'ol Splash Mountain and Tower of Terror. hahaha...

Hi. Not a night owl just in England. We can make FPP at midday on the 60 day mark but not sure what time that is in various US time zones sorry.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

I found it. 7am 60 days out. Id be better off at midnight tho. Lol

OK! I am back and have a trip report coming very soon- but the best news is..... I created a DisneyFreak!!! We called today and booked for Christmas 2018🤗🤗🤗🤪🤪😃😃😃

Quote Originally Posted by mauldita View Post
    OK! I am back and have a trip report coming very soon- but the best news is..... I created a DisneyFreak!!! We called today and booked for Christmas 2018🤗🤗🤗🤪🤪😃😃😃
    Awesome! Congrats on bringing your bf over from the dark side 😀 Looking forward to reading your trip report.

Quote Originally Posted by mauldita View Post
    ok! I am back and have a trip report coming very soon- but the best news is..... I created a disneyfreak!!! We called today and booked for christmas 2018珞珞珞浪浪
    yes!!!!!
    ~Wendy~ Trips to the World ~ 21 * 19 * 18 * 15 * 09 * 10/05 * 6/05 * 02 * 99 * 95 * 91 * 89 * 88 * 81 * 79 * 77 * 76 * 74