Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: My Disney Top 5 - Things to See in Rafiki's Planet Watch at Disney's Animal Kingdom

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

My Disney Top 5 - Things to See in Rafiki's Planet Watch at Disney's Animal Kingdom

My Disney Top 5 - Things to See in Rafiki's Planet Watch at Disney's Animal Kingdom by Chris Barry

Chris heads back to the farthest corner of Disney's Animal Kingdom to see all it has to offer.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Chris -- sadly you missed a different opportunity. As a part of the Party for the Planet, there was a special tour offered only 4/22-5/5/18. It was pretty popular, so maybe it will be continued or renewed. This was the path less traveled. Unlike other tours we have been on, this one was in parts. There was a check in at 10:30 AM, then the group went to the Rafiki center where the guides took us backstage at the clinic (with a goat getting some surgery), talks with a vet. Then we went to the food prep center. The accrediting agency for zoos and aquariums requires human grade food be served to the animals, menus change daily to match the season, offer different tastes and meet heath needs. Afterwards we were sent off to do our own thing. But then we returned at 2:45 to go backstage to view the elephants and learn about them (this part has been its own tour). Finally we reported at 8:30-9:00 to Rivers of Light with VIP seating. It was well worth the price. However, we were told the fees were being sent to the conservation fund for the sole use of helping the environment.