Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Single Rider Lines

Single Rider Lines

I will be on the East Coast for business and am seriously considering driving down to the park for a couple of days. I am curious as to what rides at all four parks currently have a single rider line.

2. # ADS

Off the top of my head:

MK: Not sure? I don't think any of the E tickets do, but I could be wrong.
    EPC: Test Track (I think works pretty well, though you skip the more advanced car design, I think - I believe I saw someone say you can do your more advanced car design before getting in the single rider line by going backwards through the gift shop before getting in the actual line - I have not tried this trick myself though).
    DHS: Rockin Roller Coaster (Has a sign specifically stating it may not be better than the regular line - not sure I've done it enough times to have a feel for how well it works)
    DAK: Expedition Everest (works great when it is open - it is not always. I've done I think 4 rides on EE within an hour using single rider on multiple occasions)

There may be others, but those are my quick summary of experiences. I suspect I missed at least one.

-Dave

My youngest and I did 3 rides on EE in 25 minutes using SR.

I believe Flight of Passage in Animal Kingdom has a single rider line now? But not sure it is always open.
    The only single rider line that I find consistently works well is Expidition Everest.

If you are really into the cars for Test track then yes, go into the gift shop and go all the way back into the car show room, there are machines there to make an advance car, put it on your magic band then go into the single rider line but bypass the car making machines.

No single rider for FOP when we were there last month.

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    Thank you for clarifying, I wasn’t sure. When I went in January I had a morning at AK by myself and got a FP for FOP and at every check point the CMs kept saying “oh, single rider” so I got confused if there was an actual single rider line or not. It didn’t really work out for me as a single rider they put me at the end of a group so I was at the very edge of the screen and it wasn’t a great ride. Luckily I had FP for another day with my group and it was a better ride.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rph13 View Post
    I believe Flight of Passage in Animal Kingdom has a single rider line now? But not sure it is always open....
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    Im glad this was brought up because I just read someones blog article the other day that mentioned it. I was somewhat skeptical.
    Im more than willing to do it --- but if it is not always open, then it should not be planned for.
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Single Rider Lines

Everest works well especially at park closing. DD did 6 consecutive rides in the last hour of the park one day. This was when the park closed earlier. They were saving the front or back seat for her by ride 4 I think she was entertaining them!!!!!

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    Everest works well especially at park closing. DD did 6 consecutive rides in the last hour of the park one day. This was when the park closed earlier. They were saving the front or back seat for her by ride 4 I think she was entertaining them!!!!!
    Just as mentioned by GusMan for FoP though, I would not plan on it as my only means of doing a ride. It really is closed sometimes. I think on Saturday when I had done the Path Less Traveled Tour that included the earlier of the 2 viewings of RoL, I looked over towards the single rider spot for EE after RoL ended and saw the umbrella was down.

If it had been still going at that time, I would have finished off the night with a ride or 2 more before leaving the park. Strangely (or I just never thought about it before), I don't think I had ever done this attraction at night before this trip. It is a little different when most of the track area is dark vs. just the tunnels during the day. Very cool!
    -Dave