Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Magic Kingdoms anyone?

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff

Magic Kingdoms anyone?

Hello all,

Just wondering if any of us out there are obsessed with playing Magic Kingdoms? Maybe we can get some discussions going here if you are as into the game as I am...

Chris

2. # ADS

Yup! I've been playing for nearly 2 years. Some events I put more effort into than others but it's a fun diversion.

Shannon

I play all the time. Currently really enjoying the Lilo and Stitch event.

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess of Pi View Post
    Yup! I've been playing for nearly 2 years. Some events I put more effort into than others but it's a fun diversion.

Shannon
    Wow 2 years! It is time consuming. I play once in the morning and once at night to keep things moving. Trying to open up some more cursed lands, but it never seems to happen.

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by H20loo View Post
    I play all the time. Currently really enjoying the Lilo and Stitch event.
    Me too. Glad they brought them into it. I would love it if some more park-centric characters were introduced like the Country Bears or Haunted Mansion ghosts.

MousePlanet Staff

Here's where I am character-wise:

Mickey
    Goofy
    Daisy
    Pluto

Cinderella
    Prince Charming

Tigger
    Eeyore
    Rabbit

Will
    Elizabeth

Mike
    Sulley
    Boo
    Celia

Buzz
    Woody
    Jesse
    Hamm
    Sarge
    Rex
    Bo Peep

Pleakley
    Nani

Tinker Bell

Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    Wow 2 years! It is time consuming. I play once in the morning and once at night to keep things moving. Trying to open up some more cursed lands, but it never seems to happen.
    I play in the morning and evening as well, about 10 min each time. I usually set any characters not involved in quests to long 12-24hour tasks and send others to visit home so I don't have as much busy work as I once did. I played more at the beginning when there were more quests for me, now it's pretty much just the events so not too time consuming and if the event characters don't appeal I don't mind not finishing them.

Opening cursed lands is the wall. I would love more space! As you complete more quests more are available to open but they seems to have really slowed access. I currently have the entire region around California Screaming, all of Tomorrowland, most of Fantasyland, and about 1/2 of Frontierland. I've battled a couple of times for entrance into Adventureland but it is still cursed. You may want to check regions within the lands you have as they will become available but you may not know unless you touch the area.

If you have any questions I'm happy to share!

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess of Pi View Post
    I play in the morning and evening as well, about 10 min each time. I usually set any characters not involved in quests to long 12-24hour tasks and send others to visit home so I don't have as much busy work as I once did. I played more at the beginning when there were more quests for me, now it's pretty much just the events so not too time consuming and if the event characters don't appeal I don't mind not finishing them.

Opening cursed lands is the wall. I would love more space! As you complete more quests more are available to open but they seems to have really slowed access. I currently have the entire region around California Screaming, all of Tomorrowland, most of Fantasyland, and about 1/2 of Frontierland. I've battled a couple of times for entrance into Adventureland but it is still cursed. You may want to check regions within the lands you have as they will become available but you may not know unless you touch the area.

If you have any questions I'm happy to share!
    You have much more land than me, and yes, I agree opening cursed lands is the big wall. I have most of Tomorrowland, all around California Screaming and that's pretty much it! So, I'm envious, but I'm pretty consistent, so I assume I'll get there sooner or later.

It's funny how, even with the land I have, I have to store attractions etc since I don't have room for them. I'm sure you'll get more land soon since completing the main storyline quests leads to land.

Not enough land to make it pretty, though.

MousePlanet Staff

I play twice a day, pretty much everyday and it just seems impossible to get more land. I just finally defeated Zurg, which I assumed was a big deal and I got a little sliver of extra land, and opened up other pieces of land which I can purchase for $1,000,000. It's getting a little disheartening.

I used to play just once daily, but for the last couple of weeks have been playing every couple of hours obsessively as I really want to get Baymax! I've even resorted to sneaking off into the toilets at work just for a quick 5 mins on the game .....

However, there is now just 5 hours left and I am miles away from earning enough electrical components to get him. Very sad about that.

Silvercat

(Enjoy reading trip reports? Why not try my books, "Tiggerific Travels" - all 4 books available now as e-books)

I feel your pain. Those stupid hats of his nearly killed me. They just wouldn’t drop!

Interesting, I have to give this a try since I'm running out of games to play.

Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    I play twice a day, pretty much everyday and it just seems impossible to get more land. I just finally defeated Zurg, which I assumed was a big deal and I got a little sliver of extra land, and opened up other pieces of land which I can purchase for $1,000,000. It's getting a little disheartening.
    This. I've only been playing for maybe a month and a half or so, but the number of potion flasks (think that's the term - the little blue ones that go with every thing, not the purple ones you buy by having Merlin convert things) that are needed to open some of the areas is too much to be fun. I've got a few areas that I could open up if I want to spend I think 25,000, 65,100 and 150,000 respectively, I think. I am more of the mindset of trying to get additional characters (thinking having more can get more stuff done simultaneously), and/or increasing the level of each character.

Having said that my most recent character was a huge expense (Fairy Godmother = 20,000), and I'm not sure what benefit she may ultimately bring.

Have people that have been playing for a while been doing it by buying a lot of characters via specials or "Legendary Chests"? I've been trying to not do much of that. I did buy combo packs for a few bucks to get Rex and Pluto with some gems, but no others (or chests) yet. (When I tried to look things up on line, I think I read that Pluto was needed to do the "Pete" challenges to open up Tomorrowland, which I think ended up being true. SO I was OK with spending maybe the $12 to get those 2. I don't plan on making that a habit though, and it seems like the way to get almost any new characters.) Even when I bought those packs, I'm now very hesitant to spend the gems for things that may provide unknown benefit.

Figuring a good balance for things that produce the tokens more regularly (needing constant attention to collect and start the process over) vs. things that take longer but produce a ;larger number of tokens over a longer period of time is not something I have mastered yet either.
    -Dave

I'm one of the people who have been playing for a long time, and I have practically every character in the game. I'm missing Davy Jones (he's in a chest) and Boo. The only premium character that I've ever "needed" was Pluto. That dog and his house were very helpful and reasonably priced. I like having the others, and Rex has been pretty helpful, but after they gather tokens, they don't do much else.

Quote Originally Posted by H20loo View Post
    I'm one of the people who have been playing for a long time, and I have practically every character in the game. I'm missing Davy Jones (he's in a chest) and Boo. The only premium character that I've ever "needed" was Pluto. That dog and his house were very helpful and reasonably priced. I like having the others, and Rex has been pretty helpful, but after they gather tokens, they don't do much else.
    Thanks for the feedback. Part of my issue right now it the giant question mark of what benefit various characters/buildings/etc may generate. While I mentioned characters in my earlier post, my confusion on how to figure out benefit vs cost for many of the attractions is also something I don't know how to gauge very well yet. I know how to click the little question mark to see the routine "will generate x and y every z minutes/hours" info, but how things play into the bigger picture (like once you build an attraction , then characters can do something else together that is a token generator - Mickey and Goofy eating something at Daisy's Diner comes to mind as an example) is something I don't know how to learn easily.

As an example, I think (top of my head - so may have this wrong - can't look at the game right now) the Haunted Mansion is like 150 gems, Enchanted Tiki Room is 125 gems, and Sword in the Stone is I think 75,000 potion flasks. I've only amassed something like a few hundred gems over the time of playing the game so far. I've used a few for some things like opening up a second Chest podium so 2 can count down to an opening simultaneously, but without doing a lot of gem buying, it would literally take forever to save up enough to try to buy a building or 2 with just the few gems that accumulate here or there (character updates, watching the ads, etc). It would also take a huge amount of time to get to 75,000 potion flasks for the Sword in the Stone.

Maybe I need to look harder on line for walk-through info or tables of all the elements and what they can help you with, but I guess that could be considered cheating a bit.
    Last edited by Dave1313; 08-14-2018 at 07:41 AM.
    -Dave