Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Best Rooms at Port Orleans French Quarter?

Best Rooms at Port Orleans French Quarter?

Hi Padders -
    We're planning a trip for next December and have reservations at POFQ, we've stayed in Riverside before but never French Quarter. Do you all have any suggestions for rooms to request? I'm thinking top floor in building 2, 5, or 6. We have a "Garden View" room.
    Thanks for any info!

~Annie

2. # ADS

I see no one's answered this thread yet. So maybe I can help!
    I think a garden view room is great. If you can pick a building close to the lobby you will be close to everything: bus stop, boat transportation, food.

I've only stayed at FQ once. We booked a standard view but think we were upgraded because it was a short 2 night stay. We were given bldg 4 garden view and it was GREAT, about a 2 minute walk to the food court.

Michelle
    offsite '86, ASMo '01, POR '02, CBR '05, POR '08, POR '10, BCV '10, Pop '11, BC '14, DL offsite '15, POR '16, FQ '17, POR '18

Thanks Shula & Goodnplenty!

~Annie

Best Rooms at Port Orleans French Quarter?

Hi. POFQ is a really nice and more importantly small resort. The best room we ever had here was building one but that was a river view. We’ve also had pool views. Fact is there’s zero view from any room unless you leave it. So a garden view guarantees you not looking at a car park. Which (as above), you’d have to leave the room to really see anyway. So I’d choose the floor level you prefer unless you want to be as close as possible to the food court. In which case you want building 4 or 3.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

I think Scooby summarized it well. I've only stayed here once, last fall. After staying at PO Riverside, Coronado Springs, and Caribbean Beach in the past (not a seasoned veteran at these by any means, but one stay at each for at least a few days), the compactness of POFQ is a major plus in my book. I was in building 5, 3rd floor, garden view also.

It took almost no time to walk to the food area or the front of the resort from there.

-Dave

My daughter loved it here.She and her friend went for her 21st and pretty much said it is a small resort and anywhere would have been great as for a building. She had a river view near boat and Loved it!

Kathy

We were in Building One 2nd floor. I guess it was garden view since we were facing the courtyard. I don't think there is a "bad" room at this resort!

Love it! Eat a beignet for me!

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~ Walt Disney ~
    1982 Off-site, BC 9/01, ASMo 1/04, ASMu 8-9/08, POFQ 4/09, BC/POR 7/10, AKL and Wyndham Grand Resort at Bonnet Creek 7&8/12, CS 11/12, Disney Dream 3/13, POR and BW 12/13-1/14, Pop Century 7/14, Fort Wilderness 8/15, POR/AoA (MNSSHP and Food and Wine Festival 10/15), Fort Wilderness 7/16, Off-site 12/16,Off-site 12/17, ASSp 1/18