Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Anyone used Uber or Lyft from and to the airport?

Anyone used Uber or Lyft from and to the airport?

Instead of getting a rental car, thinking about taking Uber/Lyft from and to the airport. Anyone have any experiences with doing this?

2. # ADS

We used Uber both to and from the airport when we went to WDW in December. It was pretty quick, didn’t have to wait more than a few minutes each time for a driver. I’d use it again when we go back.

We used Uber inside of the resorts/park area, but not to & from the airport. However, I believe we will use Uber instead of ME next time. We took a Uber from FLL to PBI no prob....

Second guessing the Uber/Lyft thought. I have been reading on other boards how slow the buses are right now. If that is the case, getting a rental car and driving to each park may be worth it. We have limited park time because of my conference schedule. Don't feel like wasting that time waiting at the hotel for a bus to arrive.

We had our first trip to DW earlier this month. Flew in on Sunday the 4th arriving just before midnight. Our experience with the DW bus system seems to be different than most everyone else. We were thinking about renting a car at the airport after reading all the horror stories. We ended up giving the bus system a go, and I'm glad we did. The Magical Express was waiting at 12:20 AM on the 5th after we retrieved our luggage and made our way to the DW Magical Express area at MCO. Nobody was even on the bus except my wife and I for 10-15 minutes. A few other people arrived, and it was off the the Caribbean Beach Resort. Maybe a 20 minute wait. After getting some sleep and trying to adjust to the 3 hour time change (We live in California) around 10AM on the 5th we hit the bus pickup at the Aruba area very close to where our room was. We used the DW bus system every time for 7 days to all 4 parks including hopping a few times. We had to wait 20 minutes a couple times, but usually it was 5-15 minutes. Had to stand on the bus 2-3 times, got a seat every other time. We used Uber to and from Universal on Saturday the 10th. Took about 30 minutes each way, and less than $20 with tip each way. We checked out Tuesday the 13th, and the Magic Express collected us from the Custom House at the Caribbean Beach Resort after a 20 minute wait. Frankly, the bus system worked fine for us. Would have cost about $400 for a rental car, and I'm sure we's have gotten lost and had a few fights if we'd done that! With the new resort parking fees coming, that would add even more cost to having a rental car. YMMV, but that's our story.

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    Would have cost about $400 for a rental car, and I'm sure we's have gotten lost and had a few fights if we'd done that! With the new resort parking fees coming, that would add even more cost to having a rental car.
    HAHA!!! That's us, not even gonna try!

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    ................... Would have cost about $400 for a rental car, and I'm sure we's have gotten lost and had a few fights if we'd done that! With the new resort parking fees coming, that would add even more cost to having a rental car. YMMV, but that's our story.
    I know this isn't really the thread for it, but I find it interesting that the parking fee is viewed by some (not just by you, I think I've seen others express it this way also) as making the rental car more expensive. I'd view it as making the resort more expensive?

I am happy to hear your 1st trip to WDW was so successful!
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    I know this isn't really the thread for it, but I find it interesting that the parking fee is viewed by some (not just by you, I think I've seen others express it this way also) as making the rental car more expensive. I'd view it as making the resort more expensive?

I am happy to hear your 1st trip to WDW was so successful!
    The new parking fee is unfortunate for those who live close enough to drive, or those who typically rent a car every trip. For us living in California, driving our own car will most likely never happen, so the new fee only effects the rental car scenario in our case. Since we frequent Disneyland (living about 250 miles away) we drive our own car, but we've already had overnight parking fees at all 3 Disney owned hotels for years plus all offsite non Disney hotels that are close-by charge parking fees too. Looks like the no charge parking at DW has been a perk for years, and it's a pretty major poke in the eye when they take something like that away.
    There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Our family will be there in May and will use Uber/Lyft. Last March, we used SuperShuttle to/from MCO because it looked online like it would be cheaper, but we used Uber/Lyft to get to and from the parks each day. I will NEVER rent a car again! So much easier (and cheaper) to have someone drop me off at the bus stop so I can walk right in, rather than pay for a rental car, overnight parking, $22 to park. We stayed at Hyatt Place on I-Drive and it was about $13 each way on average.

Having taking taxis many years before still heard Lyft or Uber are less expensive than a regular taxi. Heard that rental cars are also getting expensive.

April Showers and Easter 2024!