Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: My Disney Top 5 - Things to See in Epcot's United Kingdom Pavilion

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

My Disney Top 5 - Things to See in Epcot's United Kingdom Pavilion

My Disney Top 5 - Things to See in Epcot's United Kingdom Pavilion by Chris Barry

Chris tours the UK as his trip around World Showcase continues

Read it here!

2. # ADS

I have yet to enjoy a dinner at the Rose & Crown. But it's a standard feature of my vacations to have my last lunch out on the patio of the R&C. And of course I've spent many a fine hour bellied up to the bar, where they make a fine martini!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

I like to pop inside for a pint.. but you should also get an order of chips while in there.. best fries anywhere in Disney World...

TheKaz
    ESPN MIS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

U.K. is my favorite place to hang out at World Showcase. I like to sit and listen to whatever band might be playing, just to soak up the ambiance. A meal (usually lunch) at Rose and Crown is a requirement every time I visit WDW. It's one of my favorite restaurants. I enjoy talking to our server (they're usually only there on a 12 or 18 month visa, so we've never gotten the same person twice) about what made them decide to come to the States and what their experience has been like.

On our last trip this past early January, we were sitting in the courtyard waiting for the band, and some people came back there looking for the character spot at the back of the store. It was clear there was something that had previously been set up there but nothing was happening, so I don't know if it's still happening or if it just wasn't happening at that time.

I love the garden area, and the last couple times we'd been there, it was during the Flower and Garden Festival, so they had all these giant teacup displays, each showcasing a different kind of tea, all throughout the garden. I loved that. I also really liked that they had a Peter Pan topiary high atop one of the buildings. I even looked for him on this last trip before realizing, no, he wouldn't be there now! They had a nice topiary display of Captain Hook and Croc as well.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I have yet to enjoy a dinner at the Rose & Crown. But it's a standard feature of my vacations to have my last lunch out on the patio of the R&C. And of course I've spent many a fine hour bellied up to the bar, where they make a fine martini!
    That patio always looks like a great place to sit and dine. Sorry, can't behind the martini!! To each his own.

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKaz View Post
    I like to pop inside for a pint.. but you should also get an order of chips while in there.. best fries anywhere in Disney World...
    Our good friends consider the fish and chips a necessity on each trip.

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    U.K. is my favorite place to hang out at World Showcase. I like to sit and listen to whatever band might be playing, just to soak up the ambiance. A meal (usually lunch) at Rose and Crown is a requirement every time I visit WDW. It's one of my favorite restaurants. I enjoy talking to our server (they're usually only there on a 12 or 18 month visa, so we've never gotten the same person twice) about what made them decide to come to the States and what their experience has been like.

On our last trip this past early January, we were sitting in the courtyard waiting for the band, and some people came back there looking for the character spot at the back of the store. It was clear there was something that had previously been set up there but nothing was happening, so I don't know if it's still happening or if it just wasn't happening at that time.

I love the garden area, and the last couple times we'd been there, it was during the Flower and Garden Festival, so they had all these giant teacup displays, each showcasing a different kind of tea, all throughout the garden. I loved that. I also really liked that they had a Peter Pan topiary high atop one of the buildings. I even looked for him on this last trip before realizing, no, he wouldn't be there now! They had a nice topiary display of Captain Hook and Croc as well.
    The characters get breaks, so they must've caught an off time, but Pooh and Tigger are pretty consistent back there.

I LOVE the fact that they put the Peter topiary up on the roof!! I think it's the prettiest pavilion to see during Flower and Garden.

There was a time when #1 would have been the World Showcase Players. That was the best live show Epcot ever had. 30 minutes of interactive British comedy. It was the BEST!!! On my first trip to Epcot in 2002, I thought the park was just ok. I didn't get it....until I caught their show. It was then I "got it". The whole international appeal thing. They're the ones that come to mind when I think of World Showcase and Epcot.

I often blame my lack of return to WDW since 2012 on FP+ or high airfare from Cali. But really, eliminating the WSPs was a big thumbs down for me. I can't imagine going back to WDW without them there.

Working for Disney. No, no. Working (in a Modesto office) for (the money to take a trip to) Disney (World/Land)

WDW Trips: June 2002, Feb 2004, Dec 2006, Dec 2008, Jan 2010, Feb 2011, Dec 2012
    Disneyland Trips: Feb 2006, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, Feb, March, June 2015 (x2), Nov 2015

Grail! Grail! Grail!!!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor