Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Caribbean Beach Resort During Construction

Here are my extracted notes with timing for a trip a few years back. Forgive my not sticking to my originally intended format, I sort of altered it near the end of a few entries, but it should be easy enough to see what I meant.

I can try to post the Excel or a PDF if it's helpful to you (not sure if the forum SW will let me - I did a graphic since I couldn't find a good way to translate the Excel into a table)

OK. finally figured out how to attach the PDF.

Hope it helps!

Caribbean Beach Drive Times.pdf

Last edited by Dave1313; 03-01-2018 at 07:25 PM.
    -Dave

2. # ADS

[deleted - duplicate post]
    -Dave

Thanks for the detail Dave. My wife seems to think the buses will work for us. I think we are going to take the Magical Express from the airport to CBR and then give them a try on Monday which we have Epcot planned. If the buses seem to be sucking up too much time, we'll rent a car on Tuesday to use for the remainder of the trip. Question about MK-Do the buses drop you off close to the park VS driving you have to park at the Transportation Center? If that's the case, wouldn't the buses have an advantage for that park?

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

I believe in general you are correct on the MK bus location. The loops/stalls shown here on Google maps are the normal bus stops.

I want to say I have seen comments regarding times when a bus to MK might instead drop you at the TTC, but I have never deeply researched it to get clarification since I don't use the buses. Maybe someone who does buses regularly can explain. So I think there is a chance of being dropped at the TTC when you head to MK (obviously not preferable), but I have no idea how that gets determined, so I can't suggest a strategy to figure that out or avoid a TTC trip). I think if you end up going to the TTC, they use the stalls shown here in this Google maps view, but I am not 100% certain.

There are slight differences in the security checkpoints now since Disney moved all TTC traffic screening to the TTC itself, but I assume Disney has the security staffing worked out at this point such that that should be a wash whether you go to the TTC or the MK itself. Point is just that people from the TTC were screened at the TTC, before waiting in line to get on a monorail or ferry, while guests coming in on buses are screened once dropped off at the MK area. People taking the small boats from the local MK resorts (Poly, GF, WL, Contemp?) also get screened at small security stations at the MK area, but they are also really small boats, so one checkpoint is generally enough for the traffic flow they produce.

Getting close now Have a great trip!

-Dave

Thanks! We're hoping it's going to be "the trip of our lifetime" since we've waited so many years to do this!

Yes, the MK busses drop you almost to the entrance to MK. No other transportation is required, just a walk from the bus stop to the bag check area then a shorter walk to the ticket turnstile.

Quote Originally Posted by rph13 View Post
    Yes, the MK busses drop you almost to the entrance to MK. No other transportation is required, just a walk from the bus stop to the bag check area then a shorter walk to the ticket turnstile.
    Thanks!

Flying out of Fresno@ 2PM PST. Room is in the Aruba section. Looks like that's the far corner of the resort. Oh well-It is what it is!

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    Flying out of Fresno@ 2PM PST. Room is in the Aruba section. Looks like that's the far corner of the resort. Oh well-It is what it is!
    If the bridge that runs from one side of the lake to the other is still open during construction (I do not know whether it is or not - though the map I have shows it landing very close to the Centertown area that is under renovation), it's not too far from that center point. Shouldn't be too far of a walk if you want to go get food.
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    If the bridge that runs from one side of the lake to the other is still open during construction (I do not know whether it is or not - though the map I have shows it landing very close to the Centertown area that is under renovation), it's not too far from that center point. Shouldn't be too far of a walk if you want to go get food.
    The bridge is open. Its not a far walk across to the main pool

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    The bridge is open. It’s not a far walk across to the main pool
    It was an easy 10 minute walk with nice scenery. The breakfast buffet was very good. We ate there several mornings including today before we checked out and flew home. Really nice staff. Ate the dinner buffet once as well, and it was good too.