Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: My Disney Top 5 - Things to See in Epcot's France Pavilion

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

My Disney Top 5 - Things to See in Epcot's France Pavilion

My Disney Top 5 - Things to See in Epcot's France Pavilion by Chris Barry

Chris heads to France on his tour of World Showcase continues.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

We're usually very much in agreement on these lists, Chris. But I can't believe you didn't list Impressions de France as one of your top choices. I enjoy all of the places you mentioned, especially dining at Monsieur Paul. But the movie is by far my favorite thing about the France pavilion.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    We're usually very much in agreement on these lists, Chris. But I can't believe you didn't list Impressions de France as one of your top choices. I enjoy all of the places you mentioned, especially dining at Monsieur Paul. But the movie is by far my favorite thing about the France pavilion.
    Ditto on the movie!
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

I agree with your number ONE for Monsieur Paul. My wife and I had an amazing dinner there a few weeks ago, with fabulous service and top level cuisine. Worth the high price. We dressed up, but there were lots of folks there who were super casual. Note that the fireworks are somewhat visible from the tables, but you can barely hear the soundtrack inside the restaurant.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

I love the movie, especially since it's not a Circlevision thing.

We just had our first meal at Monsieur Paul a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. We've eaten at the downstairs restaurant once and enjoyed it as well.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

L'Artisan des Glaces is amazing!! That is one of the food items I am looking forward to eating again when we go back in April.

Team ACES & EIGHTS

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
    - Walt Disney

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff

OK...so...here it goes...My name is Chris...and I've never seen Impressions de France. There...I said it.

So, go ahead, support me, blast me, let me hear it. It's a Disney classic at this point...and I've never gone in there to see it.

The only thing I have to say to you is . . . OH YOU SHOULD!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    OK...so...here it goes...My name is Chris...and I've never seen Impressions de France. There...I said it.

So, go ahead, support me, blast me, let me hear it. It's a Disney classic at this point...and I've never gone in there to see it.
    Consider this a support, I think . It's just another demonstration of how we all have different touring habits, things we repeat while unintentionally missing other things entirely, etc.

While I am pretty sure I've stopped in to see the movie here at least once or twice, aside from sampling items at the special booths at either Food and Wine or Flower and Garden, my confession is that I haven't actually eaten at ANY of the great food restaurants in France (not even the counter service)!

I feel like I really should make an effort to hit at least one of them on a future trip now. I have had that Grand Marnier Slush though, I believe - it was offered at a F&W booth one year, I am pretty sure(and it is both excellent and strong, as you describe!). Also had Escargot at that booth and actually found I liked it a decent amount! So it's not that I've avoided French food entirely, just haven't made it a scheduled meal yet. Might be partially psychological for me. I'm not much of a wine person, and I know much of the French cuisine is paired very well with various wines, so maybe that has made me lessen my focus here.
    -Dave

We stopped by Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie twice in the last couple months because friends of ours highly recommended it. The first time we couldn't even pay for our food, something happened at the end of the line which is a major choke point and they couldn't get it figured out. We ended up walking out. Go figure! Disney not knowing how to take money!! Then the second time we got almost to the register and it bogged down again. It is a very bad set up with only two registers in that cramped space. We stuck it out though and eventually paid for our food. Meh. But $4.99 for a ham and cheese sandwich is not too bad at Disney.

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Consider this a support, I think . It's just another demonstration of how we all have different touring habits, things we repeat while unintentionally missing other things entirely, etc.

While I am pretty sure I've stopped in to see the movie here at least once or twice, aside from sampling items at the special booths at either Food and Wine or Flower and Garden, my confession is that I haven't actually eaten at ANY of the great food restaurants in France (not even the counter service)!

I feel like I really should make an effort to hit at least one of them on a future trip now. I have had that Grand Marnier Slush though, I believe - it was offered at a F&W booth one year, I am pretty sure(and it is both excellent and strong, as you describe!). Also had Escargot at that booth and actually found I liked it a decent amount! So it's not that I've avoided French food entirely, just haven't made it a scheduled meal yet. Might be partially psychological for me. I'm not much of a wine person, and I know much of the French cuisine is paired very well with various wines, so maybe that has made me lessen my focus here.
    The escargot at the France food and wine booth is to die for!! One of my favorite dishes ever.

And your comment on touring habits is so true. Haven't seen the China film either and never saw the Norway film before it left. I have seen Canada for some reason, so go figure.

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwchuck View Post
    We stopped by Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie twice in the last couple months because friends of ours highly recommended it. The first time we couldn't even pay for our food, something happened at the end of the line which is a major choke point and they couldn't get it figured out. We ended up walking out. Go figure! Disney not knowing how to take money!! Then the second time we got almost to the register and it bogged down again. It is a very bad set up with only two registers in that cramped space. We stuck it out though and eventually paid for our food. Meh. But $4.99 for a ham and cheese sandwich is not too bad at Disney.
    I'm sorry you've had two bad experiences here. I've had some great ones. Keep trying!

I love the brie and apple sandwich there as a light lunch or snack!

Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013

Yeah, Impressions de France is absolutely #1 on our list. It's the best of the World Showcase attractions -- by FAR the best music -- and the only attraction in all of Epcot to remain essentially untouched since opening day. We'll skip most attractions in Epcot on any give trip, but we never, ever skip Impressions de France. It's not a trip to Epcot without hearing the Saint-Saens organ concerto.

France is probably my favorite of all the World Showcase pavilions, so coming up with a Top 5 list is difficult. One of the main reasons we like to stay at the Beach Club or the Boardwalk Villas is because it's such a short walk to France (and all the great food therein).

#5 - Les Vins des Chefs de France. A great wine shop with something tasty to try each time you visit.
    #4 - Monsieur Paul. This is the best restaurant in any of the theme parks, and probably our favorite fine dining experience at WDW. It's the closest thing to Club 33 of any of the places we've experienced at WDW, although we've never been to Victoria & Albert's.
    #3 - Serveur amusant. We haven't seen the chair acrobats for a few trips, so I'm not even sure they're still there, but we LOVE watching these guys perform their amazing feats of balance.
    #2 - Les Halles Boulangerie & Patisserie. Simply the best counter-service you can get at WDW. We often head here from our hotel room as soon as the park opens to grab breakfast, and we'll stop by for a snack at almost any hour of the day or evening. We'll grab a table out on the sidewalk and enjoy people-watching while we indulge in a quiche or some fantastic pastry.
    #1 - Impressions de France. As I said before, it's our favorite attraction in the World Showcase. It's so... French. Calm, elegant, majestic. If they ever get rid of it, I might not recover.

I can't wait for Ratatouille to come to Epcot -- I've ridden it at DLP, and it's definitely an amazing ride. It'll be nice to see my favorite pavilion expanded; the whole area of Disney Studios Paris where Ratatouille is located is so phenomenally themed, so I hope they can replicate that in Florida.