Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: DCA Food and Wine 2018 Reservations are up!

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

DCA Food and Wine 2018 Reservations are up!

The DCA Food and Wine Reservations hit the web this morning. Looks like prices are up a little this year ($20 instead of $15 for wine and spirits tasting seminars). And it appears the culinary demonstrations have changed - now on an open stage in Paradise Park and no fee but no samples. You can pay a $30 VIP fee to do a meet and greet and get samples of the dish. That's what the culinary events were last year. I wonder if the heat of the stage, and standing room only, will be a problem. However, this will increase visibility and attendance (though I wonder if the no samples thing will annoy some folks).

I don't recall there being a preview night last year - was there? This is Thursday night, March 1st. Windemaker Dinners, Bewmaster Beer Dinners, Celebrity Chef Live, and Sweet Sundays all return.

What I did not like is that you had to get into the site to make reservations to see the schedule - and there is a timer (according to the site). It would be nice to review the schedule of tasting seminars at my leisure.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/eve...wine-festival/

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

2. # ADS

I feel like they need more detail on a few of the events -- when I did Sweet Sunday the first year it was offered, it was a Ghirardelli-themed event and they gave some info about what would be served. Just telling me the name of the chef gives me no indication of whether I'll be interested in what they're making/serving. For a picky eater, that's important when it comes with a $99 price tag. Perhaps I'll do a tasting instead... hmmm.

Oleg, I agree that it's annoying that you have to go into the reservation system to see everything -- that should be on the event page!