Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pixar Fest

We'll be there tomorrow. If we see the buckets or sippers, we'll post. Good to know about the corn dog. Another fun food to try!

2. # ADS

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    We'll be there tomorrow. If we see the buckets or sippers, we'll post. Good to know about the corn dog. Another fun food to try!
    I'll be there too. Right after the Angels 5k at the stadium. Just making a quick trip :-).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries

Last Friday I was at the park and in Knick's Knacks. It was about 130p. They had been out of AP shirts and the AP tumblers. Then I heard a CM yell "Guess what??" And they had just been brought a couple of cases of each. They do restock thru the day, but don't know when.

Planning 3 trips at once...

Blog Entries

ha anyone seen the Ratatouille Spoon/Straw? I heard it was only available at Cafe Orleans but I did not see it on display.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

There's a Ratatouille spoon/straw?? I'll be looking for that! We heard that Sulley should be back in stock next week.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    There's a Ratatouille spoon/straw?? I'll be looking for that! We heard that Sulley should be back in stock next week.
    I saw it in a taped interview for media day Pixar Fest (the micechat website's version). They pointed it out. I don't know how you drink out of it since the bottom is a spoon with the handle being a straw - but Remi is hanging on near the top of the spoon.

ADDED - Im also waiting for restock on WALL-E and Russell ear hats, and I have yet to investigate which art prints from Pixar are available at kicks knacks.
    Last edited by olegc; 04-22-2018 at 10:54 PM.

Read a post somewhere that the Remy straw/spoon was seen at Plaza Inn.

Blog Entries

BTW I saw a post yesterday with photo from Disney Food Blog - they are offering the Pixar cake (the red, yellow, and blue themed cake) at the coffee shop in the Disneyland Hotel. This location has limited hours so you should check them first. Hmm - rum dole whip with Pixar cake. I don't know...

I picked up the Remy straw at Red Rose Tavern.

The bottom spoon part is really just decorative. The straw goes all the way down until where the spoon is. Maybe it would be hard to get the very last of the liquids out of the cup because of the spoon part. I dont know, I dont plan to use mine for drinking anything.

Soon read on the FB that the Sully popcorn buckets are sold out till May? Is that true? I'm Soo prepared to send anyone money to pick one of those and the special Alien AP bucket for me tomorrow. We won't get there till Sunday!! The whole point of the trip was to get these!

Blog Entries

I ha dheard next week (which is this week) from a CM. But he said it while shrugging his shoulders. So u probably won't get accurate info from anyone.

Well, if anyone can pick one of each up for us (we do have valid APs), I will be happy to send $$ and meet up Sunday and buy you lunch!!

We were the second ones to purchase the AP popcorn bucket today. Lines were up to 2 hours long so I heard! Line was almost back to town square at 9 am this morning. Hope they keep stock on these guys but Im not hopeful.

Im calling this the day Annual Passholder Black Friday.

My dh said not to make my upcoming day trip all about these buckets so I don't get disappointed. I'm trying not to, but .....

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

There were some things about Pixarfest that I was looking forward to, but I find that the more they do these kinds of things, the less I'm interested. If there's a couple of souvenir items and a couple of new foods, I might be more interested. But with so many things in so many different places, I feel like they want me to play scavenger hunt to find them (THIS souvenir is only at THIS cart, and THAT churro is only at THAT cart), and I'm just not that interested. I'm having the same reaction to the food. I'm all about the food, as I'm sure is evident, but when it seems like specialty foods are now a year-round thing, just themed to different topics, I'm a little less enthusiastic about it.

I think I'm also a bit more immune to the popcorn buckets now since we already have so many. The alien one is pretty cute, but I keep thinking, and what am I gonna do with it? I think the last major themed souvenir item I bought was the glow turtle from MSEP when it came back last time around. It was too darn cute, and it was tiny - all good reasons.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    There were some things about Pixarfest that I was looking forward to, but I find that the more they do these kinds of things, the less I'm interested. If there's a couple of souvenir items and a couple of new foods, I might be more interested. But with so many things in so many different places, I feel like they want me to play scavenger hunt to find them (THIS souvenir is only at THIS cart, and THAT churro is only at THAT cart), and I'm just not that interested. I'm having the same reaction to the food. I'm all about the food, as I'm sure is evident, but when it seems like specialty foods are now a year-round thing, just themed to different topics, I'm a little less enthusiastic about it.

I think I'm also a bit more immune to the popcorn buckets now since we already have so many. The alien one is pretty cute, but I keep thinking, and what am I gonna do with it? I think the last major themed souvenir item I bought was the glow turtle from MSEP when it came back last time around. It was too darn cute, and it was tiny - all good reasons.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    The alien one is pretty cute, but I keep thinking, and what am I gonna do with it?
    This is exactly what dh said!! We have a few already (missed out on the Cinderella Coach). But your statements do ring true.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo's Mommy View Post
    This is exactly what dh said!! We have a few already (missed out on the Cinderella Coach). But your statements do ring true.
    And, before anyone gets mad at me, this may not be the case for everyone. Disneyland has been releasing cute popcorn buckets for some time now. We have quite a few of them. Heck, we ended up coming back from Walt Disney World last year with a fairly large popcorn bucket that we weren't expecting. We also have a myriad of other Disney (and other) collectibles/souvenirs. So, it's a little easier for me to refrain from buying some things.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries

Question - where besides Knicks Knacks are the specialty ears and t-shirra being sold - or should I say where had they been. I know they are mostly sold out but I saw some folks today (sat April 28) with some of the PixarFest friends' ears (plain blue earhat with ears depicted friends from each movie). I looked in Knicks, the shops on BVS, emporium, and Mad Hatter on Main St. Just curious where they were for sale before so I can keep checking.

And a humorous anecdote - I asked the CM cashier at Paradise Garden Grille about the Coco jar mugs. She said no, we r sold out, and won't get any more until September. Really I thought? So I told her that this may be tough since PixarFest ends September 3rd. She twisted her brow, put a finder up as if to say "well,...", Took a breath. And then stopped to think again. I just left it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Question - where besides Knicks Knacks are the specialty ears and t-shirra being sold - or should I say where had they been. I know they are mostly sold out but I saw some folks today (sat April 28) with some of the PixarFest friends' ears (plain blue earhat with ears depicted friends from each movie). I looked in Knicks, the shops on BVS, emporium, and Mad Hatter on Main St. Just curious where they were for sale before so I can keep checking.

And a humorous anecdote - I asked the CM cashier at Paradise Garden Grille about the Coco jar mugs. She said no, we r sold out, and won't get any more until September. Really I thought? So I told her that this may be tough since PixarFest ends September 3rd. She twisted her brow, put a finder up as if to say "well,...", Took a breath. And then stopped to think again. I just left it at that.

I received the same information regarding the Coco mugs last weekend when we were there.

As far as the ears go, I didnt see any last weekend either. They were selling Pixar Fest merchandise in the Little Green Men Shop next to Buzz and in the Disneyland Hotels gift shop. I dont know if any of the ears made it to either of those locations but they are selling PF merch.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by indiejones33 View Post
    I received the same information regarding the Coco mugs last weekend when we were there.

As far as the ears go, I didnt see any last weekend either. They were selling Pixar Fest merchandise in the Little Green Men Shop next to Buzz and in the Disneyland Hotels gift shop. I dont know if any of the ears made it to either of those locations but they are selling PF merch.
    The basic PixarFest set if tees, hats, etc. With the logo is all over the place. I was asking more about the themed merch

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    The basic PixarFest set if tees, hats, etc. With the logo is all over the place. I was asking more about the themed merch

I understood what you meant.

And as far as I know, the ears were only available at Knicks Knacks.

Soooooo I checked first thing this am at both parks, both Sully and Alien AP buckets are out till mid May.

Pixar Fest

Just wanted to mention several of my friends who got the AP Alien bucket are reporting quality control issues. I guess they a cheaper made and have chips or cracks in them when they got it or shortly after. Just something to keep in mind if you are getting it to collect.

DLand/DCA-9/17,5/16,9/15,3/15,11/12,9/10,4/09,4/06,7/00
    1st time cruising ever was "Cruise to Nowhere 1/2011"

I hear that the Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats soft serve ice cream shop is opening up today on Pixar Pier! The menu will consist of lemon, vanilla, and chocolate flavors.