Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pixar Fest

Quote Originally Posted by indiejones33 View Post
    I hear that the Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats soft serve ice cream shop is opening up today on Pixar Pier! The menu will consist of lemon, vanilla, and chocolate flavors.
    Please be true, please be true! We arrive Sunday!

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Any updates on merchandise availability? Hate to make the rounds yet again for things that are still sold out. The poor CMs must be so tired of answering the same questions day after day.

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Any updates on merchandise availability? Hate to make the rounds yet again for things that are still sold out. The poor CMs must be so tired of answering the same questions day after day.
    Just saw that the Sulley popcorn buckets are back in stock.

I hope there are still some on Wednesday when we arrive!

Darlene aka MotoGP Goddess

That's a positive sign!

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    That's a positive sign!
    They were yesterday @ DCA at the popcorn stand going into Hollywood.

However, the line was (IMHO) ridiculously long, probably over 75 people....

Quote Originally Posted by newhdplayer View Post
    They were yesterday @ DCA at the popcorn stand going into Hollywood.

However, the line was (IMHO) ridiculously long, probably over 75 people....
    YIKES! That's what the teenager is for. LOL. I'll hang out in Carthay lounge. LOL

Darlene aka MotoGP Goddess

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just went after work today (6pm) and they had many. Only 7 or 8 in line at DCA BVS stand. Grizzly Peak stand had some too.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Yesterday evening the popcorn stand by Soarin had a bunch and no line.

New Wall E and Eve mouse ears spotted at Knicks Knacks today. Would post a photo but not sure how!

Blog Entries
    New Wall E and Eve mouse ears spotted at Knicks Knacks today. Would post a photo but not sure how!
    Ugh. Checked yesterday and not there. Kind of busy today with Mother's Day. I hope they are there tomorrow's.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Heard they were spotted at the Mad Hatter in DL, too!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Details released for special event for Pixar Pier opening. More expensive than I'd expected, even though it comes with some food samplings.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Details released for special event for Pixar Pier opening. More expensive than I'd expected, even though it comes with some food samplings.
    wow - that is really expensive. And its a mix-in day (rest of park is open for guests). The basically 1 new attraction (Pal-a-round is a paint job so Im not sure that classifies as a new attraction in most books). The fact that a big deal is made of the credential makes me feel like the commemorative gift is not all that. If they are asking $300 for this - could it be that the possible SW Land party surpasses $500 - or more?

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    I'm with Olegc on this one. $299 for the opportunity to come in one day early, get some swag (?) food and the honor of being the first?

No Thank You.

And to the point about G.E. opening party, can't wait to see the $$ for that "opportunity"!

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    If they are asking $300 for this - could it be that the possible SW Land party surpasses $500 - or more?
    I had this exact thought. Ugh. My hope is that the response to this event will be tepid and will scare them off of a huge increase for SW Land? Probably a vain hope, but I really don't see the appeal of a preview for Pixar Pier at all, much less for that price tag. No truly new attractions -- Incredicoaster will have new features, but the track and cars are the same. I agree with oleg, ferris wheel is a paint job. And this won't even be a "complete" Pixar Pier -- Jessie's Critter Carrousel and whatever attraction goes in the Maliboomer spot still won't be open. So this is an odd event to me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    I had this exact thought. Ugh. My hope is that the response to this event will be tepid and will scare them off of a huge increase for SW Land? Probably a vain hope, but I really don't see the appeal of a preview for Pixar Pier at all, much less for that price tag. No truly new attractions -- Incredicoaster will have new features, but the track and cars are the same. I agree with oleg, ferris wheel is a paint job. And this won't even be a "complete" Pixar Pier -- Jessie's Critter Carrousel and whatever attraction goes in the Maliboomer spot still won't be open. So this is an odd event to me.
    IMO - without anything other than my observations to back it up - I think the Pixar Fest is not bringing in the masses that they may have been expecting. Its surprising to me that so many radio and tv stations have been giving away tickets this past month - quite a few in each case - and there is such a deluge of Pixar Fest tweets and instagram posts. So its like they are trying to convince everyone "no, really, this is really awesome - you have to be here" and it sort of depends. There have been crowded days (especially when first merch hits) and we have had closures almost every weekend now for parking but I see that as a collision of end-of-life So Cal tickets, Grad Nights, and lower tiered passholders trying to get their fix in prior to losing access for the summer.

Until the pier fully opens and the new float is here its really a bunch of snacks... and how many churros can you eat (and pay $5 for a button!).

I

Until the pier fully opens and the new float is here its really a bunch of snacks... and how many churros can you eat (and pay $5 for a button!).
    I can eat a lot, but I'm not going to pay for an overpriced opportunity for something of little value (IMHO) to be the "first" on a single ride, and some buttons and snacks.....

So its like they are trying to convince everyone "no, really, this is really awesome - you have to be here" and it sort of depends.
    THIS EXACTLY. I've had a couple of friends ask about what Pixar Fest actually is because they keep hearing about it on the radio but not really getting any detail... and I tell them it's basically new/limited-time food, merchandise, and waiting on some things to be re-painted and re-branded.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    THIS EXACTLY. I've had a couple of friends ask about what Pixar Fest actually is because they keep hearing about it on the radio but not really getting any detail... and I tell them it's basically new/limited-time food, merchandise, and waiting on some things to be re-painted and re-branded.
    Not much else to say about it really. Not all are into parades or fireworks either. I'm feeling the same way as many of you about it all. Its just whatever to us for the most part. I saw the price earlier for the "preview" party and my first thought was the same as olgec in if they are going to push this for $299 then what will they want people to pay for GE? I think they will probably do different types of those events as well at different price ranges but I am thinking even the cheapest of those would cost more then what the Pixar one is. All I know is, no thanks. I can think of better ways to spend that kind of money. LOL
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

I know a lot of people are saying, who would pay that kind of money to be able to ride ONE ride the day before everyone can ride it? That's what people said about the Guardians of the Galaxy event. We paid for the special event and thoroughly had a great evening and it was totally worth it for us. Yep, I get that it might not be worth it for other people, which is why it's a good thing they don't pay to attend those events! But the ride, the theming, everything about the event sounded interesting and fun to us so that event was right up our alley. And it didn't disappoint us.

This one, I'm not that into the Incredibles, I'm not even sure I'll be able to ride the coaster, I like Pixar but I have specific interests in it, and I'm a little burned out on the "NEW FOOD". (And no, I never thought I'd get tired of new food offerings at Disneyland.) Because the parts and the whole of the event don't interest us, we're skipping this one. We'll put that money aside to help pay for the inevitable Galaxy's Edge event. But if this is something that is of major interest to someone, I totally get them wanting to go.

I don't think the level of attendance at this event will have any bearing on what they charge or what they expect from a Galaxy's Edge event. That's Star Wars, and Star Wars is a whole different monster. And yes, I expect that event to be pricey. And I'm prepared for it. I get that not everyone is interested, and some people are willing to wait months and maybe even a year to see it. That would not be me. Not because I need bragging rights. Because I'm genuinely, cannot even think about it too hard without losing my mind, EXCITED to see every last inch of Galaxy's Edge. YMMV. It's all good.

That is the thing, there are always those that seem willing to pay for some or all of these events that Disney offers..no matter the cost. That is fine for them and I do hope its worth it to them. I'm glad the one was for you guys. For us its just not worth extra costs for any of them. I won't pay extra for Star Wars either. I probably would do it if I could swing it money wise for my husband and sons but I honestly can not stand anything Marvel or Star Wars. So its just not for me. My daughter is still not happy they took the ranch away so I don't think she will be one to hope to seeing it all right away. LOL With Pixar, its just not worth it no matter what to us. We are not full on into all Pixar movies. We have ones we love and ones we are just eh about. As well as for me, the 2 rethemed rides are not ones I like and go on ever. While Toy Story we can do whenever we decide to. So no biggie there. Yet I get why some will do it and its fine and dandy. I hope its worth the money in the end for them. For anyone here that does go to it, I hope they share how it was for them.

BTW, I can see how one might be burned out on the food. They come off a food fest and into this right away.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

All I could see was the price tag... $299?! If we had done all the After Dark events (and we wanted to, but budgeting and adulting, sigh...), plus this -- that would come to almost $600 each -- which could be put toward AP renewals (or not). Argh! And who knows what will happen this year with MHP prices. Plus saving for SWGE. This is crazy! (And, yes, I realize that this is all optional and that we're doing this to ourselves, which makes it all even crazier!)

Blog Entries

The AP Churro challenge maps were flying out of the Town Square cart. the CM had to call to get more. I don't get it - unless we are back to "Its for APs - we need to do it" kind of thing. Fomo!

So - i have had 3 of the 4 churros. In my opinion so far
    1 Coco Churro (spicy chocolate!)
    2 Presto Rabbit Churro (the cream cheese dip is great)
    3 Kevin's churro (lemon and fruity pebbles) (a little light on the flavor)