Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pixar Fest

Pixar Fest

Any additional info about this? We are going early May and are excited to see new fireworks and the return of Paint the Night. We will be there on Miss Js jr high band trip. Seriously considering coming early so we can see both as Im sure itll only be on weekends (unless someone heard otherwise?).

Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

2. # ADS

Additional question. I am reading Pixar pier is going to be open in the summer but then its also saying its going to be open for Pixar fest in April. Which is it?

I think some things will be ready to go when the Pixar fest starts but that Screamin's makeover won't be done until summer if I remember right. With things shutting down this week for just makeovers it should be simple enough to be done and ready by April...pending any issues that could pop up.

And in early May the park doesn't usually do fireworks during the week since it does closer early then the weekends. Like you said unless Disney says something about it being during the week as well it probably won't be until the go on summer hours.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Thats what I figured. We arrive either late Saturday or early Sunday. So we will have to see both Sunday evening.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

oops - wrong thread

Last edited by olegc; 01-08-2018 at 09:17 AM.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Is there an exact date for Pixar fest? Never heard of it before...

According to Disneyland's site it says its April 13 - September 03, 2018.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyloves View Post
    Is there an exact date for Pixar fest? Never heard of it before...
    It's the first year they're having it.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Did you all see this: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/new...3AprilNEWS0004

It's soooo adorable, I'm afraid it's going to sell out right away! And we are not going to be able to get there soon enough (I doubt they'll still have stock in June when we go again)!

They will only be on sale from April 24 to May 24th.

Blog Entries

So I was thinking. The Pixar Play parade was originally themed as the Pixar geups playing games and with props and toys as they walked the parade route. Then when Monsters University took over each unit had a bit of a cheerleader touch to it. From the float art I've seen it seems like now it's just Pixar scenes. I'm probably wrong - but it will be interesting to see if there still is "play" in play parade.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    So I was thinking. The Pixar Play parade was originally themed as the Pixar geups playing games and with props and toys as they walked the parade route. Then when Monsters University took over each unit had a bit of a cheerleader touch to it.
    Really? I don't think I ever remember reading that, but I don't know that I read anything about it. The cheerleaders after Monsters University made sense since they were part of the movie. I always thought of the parade simply as being themed to Pixar characters.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Really? I don't think I ever remember reading that, but I don't know that I read anything about it. The cheerleaders after Monsters University made sense since they were part of the movie. I always thought of the parade simply as being themed to Pixar characters.
    hmm - maybe that was Block Party Bash. I know they used to have that as part of the theme.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    hmm - maybe that was Block Party Bash. I know they used to have that as part of the theme.
    Oh, I didn't know that had a theme either. Pixar was all I got out of it.

Though, Block Party Bash had my favorite character ever - Boo in her monster costume.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

We had a chance to see the new fireworks last night. They are amazing! Some really great surprises too, at least for me since I was avoiding any pictures and info. We had a castle view, and there was a lot that mixed in with the projections and the fireworks, so I'm wondering how the fireworks look if you don't have a view of the castle projections. I expect they're doing projections on it's a small world and on the Rivers of America / Tom Sawyer Island as well. I would also like to see the projections on the Main Street buildings, but I'm going to have to figure out how to do that without waiting for hours, since the after-parade trick won't work since there's no night-time parade.

One thing I found interesting about the contents of the projections on the castle:

All of the images were from the Pixar features. I was surprised, and a tiny bit disappointed, that there was nothing from any of the shorts. Maybe they figured those aren't known as much? I get that they wouldn't dedicate a whole sequence to a short, but there were times when different characters and images were flashed in a montage. A couple of the better-known characters from the shorts could easily have been inserted there.

Oh, random things - here is some of the cute Pixarfest signage. And I saw these cute Up-themed cake pops at Marceline's.

I'm told that the line for Plaza Inn was HUGE. Some friends had wanted to try the Pixar cake but didn't want to brave the long line. I learned from a cast member that they'd sold out of it sometime during the day/night, so I don't know if they even had it still when my friends wanted it.

Huge lines for popcorn with the Sulley bucket.

Looking forward to check out more things when I get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    .... We had a castle view, and there was a lot that mixed in with the projections and the fireworks, so I'm wondering how the fireworks look if you don't have a view of the castle projections...
    We watched tonight from Main Street (right by the rope by Market House). Very interesting with all the projections on the buildings -- about a third of the way into the show, I noticed that many of the kids around us were no longer looking at the castle, but were watching the projections on the buildings instead. By halfway or more into the show, the kids weren't even turning around to look at the fireworks anymore, but were only watching the projections on the buildings, as if they were watching a movie. This became a problem for me, too: the fireworks were competing with the projections (at least in the area where we were because we had to look in two different directions to see both). Next time, we decided to view closer to the castle or by IASW where we would be looking in one direction to see the fireworks and the projections at the same time.

Side note: the popcorn cart in DCA by Soarin' had the Sulley bucket with a very short line. Score! (The cart by Carthay Circle had sold out of the buckets earlier in the evening.)

Blog Entries

I noticed the "distracted" watching during Disneyland Forever as well. It's an interesting dynamic. I guess it goes to making your experience different for multiple viewings. So u may have to come back and visit again. Darn.

And cstephens I agree with your comment in the spoiler. I have not seen the show live yet but have video.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Very interesting with all the projections on the buildings -- about a third of the way into the show, I noticed that many of the kids around us were no longer looking at the castle, but were watching the projections on the buildings instead. By halfway or more into the show, the kids weren't even turning around to look at the fireworks anymore, but were only watching the projections on the buildings, as if they were watching a movie.
    My friends and I made that comment as well, that we found ourselves watching the projections on the castle and weren't watching many of the fireworks themselves. The ones coming off the castle, we'd pay a little more attention to because many of them were preceded by a related event in the projections themselves, but the regular fireworks being launched behind Toontown, we didn't necessarily pay attention to. There was one sequence of fireworks from there that did get my attention because the shape of the fireworks was so odd, and I couldn't figure it out. It wasn't until I looked at the castle projection that I figured out what the fireworks were supposed to be. Very cool.

Question on the popcorn bucket locations.... Are there spots that sell both the Sully bucket and the Alien AP bucket? (and all popcorn carts open at 10:30, right?)

The alien bucket doesn't go on sale until 4/24, so right now only Sulley is on sale. (He's really easy to spot, even from far away, with his bright blue color.) We saw him in DCA at the Carthay Circle cart and at the one by Soarin'. I'm sure that once the alien goes on sale that the more popular carts will sell both buckets.

Thank you! I forgot that the alien buckets aren't there yet! Got a bit ahead of myself!

Blog Entries

I hit DCA today at 5pm - thinking that by Wednesday many of the sold out items might be back in stock. The park was not crowded at all so I thought it would be a successful trip. Nope. Coco hot chocolate mug - sold out. Wall E ears and Russell ears - sold out. Sulley and Mike bucket/sipper - sold out. Many sizes of AP t-shirt at Knicks Knacks - sold out. I did see some people with Sully and or Mike on their packs - so I surmise they were available in the morning but we're rationed tightly. With such a light crowd base I thought my luck would be good. Oh well.

I was able to get the Luxo Jr straw. And I found a single XL AP tee at Kingswell Camera on BVS.

I guess if u really want an item u might need to get to the parks at opening to be sure (if they have any to put out).

... I did see some people with Sully and or Mike on their packs - so I surmise they were available in the morning but we're rationed tightly...
    We did notice signs on the popcorn carts stating that the Sulley buckets are limited to one per transaction. So those, at least, are being rationed right from the get go. With Dapper Day coming up this weekend, I would think that the Pixar Fest things would be restocked by Friday morning (but wouldn't expect them to last throughout the weekend), so maybe try again Friday?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    We did notice signs on the popcorn carts stating that the Sulley buckets are limited to one per transaction. So those, at least, are being rationed right from the get go. With Dapper Day coming up this weekend, I would think that the Pixar Fest things would be restocked by Friday morning (but wouldn't expect them to last throughout the weekend), so maybe try again Friday?
    Friday morning was a bust. 1045am. No sulley buckets or Mike sippers or Coco mugs. CMs did not know when they'd be back. If they are holding them then I guess they r waiting for Saturday. Though I wonder..

On a good note the Temperamental corn dog was good and spicy (hit link, pepper jack cheese, more spicy Cajun chicken sausage).