Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Southern California Resident tickets 2018

Southern California Resident tickets 2018

I was driving to Anaheim just now and saw a billboard on the 5 advertising "So Cal Resident Tickets are Back!" The only detail was to purchase by May 21, 2018. Does anyone have any more info? We are planning to visit DCA tomorrow.
    Thanks!

2. # ADS

It looks like they have announced this deal, historically, after the Holiday Season has ended. Last year they announced it on 1/8. My guess is the billboard just went up a few days early.

I spoke with a cast member on the phone who said something like "They didn't waste any time putting up that billboard." She went on to say that there will be an offer that goes on sale this Monday (1/8/18), but that the details of cost, number of days, etc., were not known to her department yet. I received similar information from Guest Relations at DCA yesterday.

Looks like a 3 day park hopper is $244, single park per day is $199. This is a 3 day pass until May 24. Comes with One early entry. Same as last year. There are blackout days.

They also have a 2 day without the extra hour, $159 and $204

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

info with link - same as what binki showed.

2 Day (1 Park Per Day) $159
    2 Day (Park Hopper) $204
    3 Day (1 Park Per Day + 1 Magic Morning) $199
    3 Day (Park Hopper + 1 Magic Morning) $244

Purchase now thru May 21, 2018. Details: https://t.co/CElhgUMGlJ

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Time to clog up the park more eh

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    Time to clog up the park more eh
    I'm a little curious about this year and attendance. The year before Carsland seemed slower as everyone was "waiting" for Carsland to open to make their trips. Not us here on the board obviously, but many regular folk. I wonder if we might level off this year with more increases next year.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    I'm a little curious about this year and attendance. The year before Carsland seemed slower as everyone was "waiting" for Carsland to open to make their trips. Not us here on the board obviously, but many regular folk. I wonder if we might level off this year with more increases next year.
    Could be. Our APs expire at the end of this month and we will not be going for a while. Need some time off and have other things we want to do.
    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar

I can't seem to find the fuse on these tickets. 14 days?

Quote Originally Posted by CariBelle View Post
    I can't seem to find the fuse on these tickets. 14 days?
    No - these are the magical tickets that are good until all used up or May 24, 2018, whichever comes first (blackout days apply)

Per Disneyland:
    These tickets are valid January 8 through May 24, 2018, excluding the following blockout dates: March 23 through April 8, 2018. Purchase from January 8 through May 21, 2018. Tickets expire on May 24, 2018.

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    No - these are the magical tickets that are good until all used up or May 24, 2018, whichever comes first (blackout days apply)
    Thank you!!!

I just tried purchasing these tickets for a friend's family who are visiting and was told at the ticket booth that every adult using these tickets must show a SoCal ID at the main entrance. In prior years thus wasn't the case, and I was able to buy tickets for my sister's family without any issue. Anyone else experience this? Did we just have bad luck at the ticket booth?

Quote Originally Posted by lilcis View Post
    I just tried purchasing these tickets for a friend's family who are visiting and was told at the ticket booth that every adult using these tickets must show a SoCal ID at the main entrance. In prior years thus wasn't the case, and I was able to buy tickets for my sister's family without any issue. Anyone else experience this? Did we just have bad luck at the ticket booth?
    They've started enforcing it the past few years. I've bought them for family before too, but many years ago. Last year I had issues with my AP, and while I was at the turnstile waiting for a lead and then at the ticket booth I saw family after family turned away for the same issue. In fact, I had to go to the ticket booth because so many people were interrupting and shouting at the lead that he couldn't help me.

Quote Originally Posted by lilcis View Post
    This has been reported on other boards, too. Disney used to allow SoCal residents to purchase these tickets for out of town/state family and friends. But things must have gotten out of hand. Now Disney has gotten more strict about enforcing the fine print. This started being reported last year. I don't remember if it was reported before that.

Thanks for confirming, AnotherJenny & tea4two. I feel bad for getting my friend's hopes up that we'd be able to get her a discount. But at least I know for sure that they are enforcing it now. Oh well!