Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Your plans for Star Wars Galaxy's Edge opening

True candles71 but they have also done the kick off to Summer season starting on Memorial Day weekend. Heck the parks are already kicked into Summer hours now. Since there is no date yet its basically a guessing game for now on when in Summer. So it wouldn't surprise me either if it happens smack dab in the middle of Summer either...with lead up events to promote and preview it. As well as IF things don't change much with APs it also has 2 APs blocked out and they could block the others out in sections as well if they decided to do so....not like they couldn't do that anyway sooner as well then normally happens.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Seems about what some of us were guessing. It will be the big kick off for Summer 2019 for Disneyland. I'm curious how they will do things ticket wise and AP wise starting next year though for dealing with the mad crush that will happen.
    I don't think they'll do it at the beginning of summer. It's already a busy time. I've been speculating late summer for some time now, when crowds have started to slow down, that's when you want the boost in attendance this will bring. But I guess we'll see. They may also want it during a time when some people have already headed back to school, to try to lessen some of the crowds initially.

Since APs are only good for a year, I expect them to announce any changes to the AP perqs, including any blockout day changes to Disneyland and DCA, within a year of Galaxy's Edge opening. That way, when you renew, you know what you're getting. I know they say that terms are subject to change, but I think they could face a legal nightmare if they all of a sudden decide that Disneyland is not accessible for part of your AP year without any prior notice.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Keep in mind Summer can be anywhere from June 21 to September 22. Carsland was "Spring" on June 15th.
    When is D23 usually? I see it all the time but doesn't compute and stick in my brain.
    Expo is in August 2019. I was figuring late August for opening of Galaxy's Edge before they announced the Expo date, so it really depends on how they want it to coincide.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

"I've seen your daily routine. You are NOT busy."

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    I don't think they'll do it at the beginning of summer. It's already a busy time. I've been speculating late summer for some time now, when crowds have started to slow down, that's when you want the boost in attendance this will bring. But I guess we'll see. They may also want it during a time when some people have already headed back to school, to try to lessen some of the crowds initially.

Since APs are only good for a year, I expect them to announce any changes to the AP perqs, including any blockout day changes to Disneyland and DCA, within a year of Galaxy's Edge opening. That way, when you renew, you know what you're getting. I know they say that terms are subject to change, but I think they could face a legal nightmare if they all of a sudden decide that Disneyland is not accessible for part of your AP year without any prior notice..
    I don't think the time of year will matter in the end with what crowds will come for the opening. They don't exactly have the best track record in dealing with this stuff either IMO. I'd like to say one could hope they will do better with their stock of merchandise for the new land but considering that track record as well.....

I do agree that they would have a MAJOR mess on their hands if they don't put out the info a year in advance on the APs. Which considering we are now in May and the 12 month calendar is on the site they probably have to put something out on this soon....really with those that might renew ahead of time when that renewal comes they are or could be left wondering what will happen. So sooner rather then later would be best in this info getting out to APers. I am sure that for the most part that little part on the contract is just to cover their butts around the times like after Christmas when they have to lock people out for certain time frames. Hopefully they will give most APers the heads up they should on this.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

My plan is to wait until 2020, LOL.

~Anne~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Keep in mind Summer can be anywhere from June 21 to September 22. Carsland was "Spring" on June 15th.
    When is D23 usually? I see it all the time but doesn't compute and stick in my brain.
    Aug 23-25, 2019....
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Aug 23-25, 2019....
    Thank you.