Thread: Star Wars: How to be Spoiler-Free

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Star Wars: How to be Spoiler-Free

Star Wars: How to be Spoiler-Free by Todd King

Todd King also looks at Empire Strikes Back spoilers from 1980

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Best way to be spoiler free is don't bother. I can't believe I is so hard to not read the news. Anyways, there's no real climax from Episode 7. So Luke shows up in the end. Am I supposed to care? "The Last Jedi" is already a give-away as if it matters. Hint: It doesn't. Rey is likely the last Jedi and she is the natural last Jedi who can do anything in a crutch like fly spaceships expertly and use a light saber like an old pro. That's why Episode 7 is so awful. I'll wait for the DVD release in 3 to 6 months.

It is hard to not read the news. When you're on a newsfeed or social media, all kinds of news is sprinkled in there like stray pixie dust. Reading about updates in the economy suddenly links headlines to successful movies and there they are boom! links to 'spoilers that may ruin a movie's return on investment' or whatever the site deems as related news. It's also not just avoiding news, it's about avoiding the temptation to read up on this stuff. It's like being tempted to the dark side, getting this information before your friends makes you feel powerful, but ends up letting you down. That temptation is hard to resist. We must have control, like Yoda said, "Control, control, you must learn control."

There were a couple great climaxes at the end of Force Awakens: the destruction of Starkiller base and Rey's overpowering of Kylo Ren, and also the finding of Luke which is the revelation of what Han said: "It's true, all of it." No, you're not supposed to care, no one can make you care. I don't care that you don't care. But I care about it. I think Rey's sudden discovery of power is only the beginning of her journey. To me, it's more about how she uses her power, whether it comes to her quickly or not. But now what? That's what The Last Jedi will explore. Once she has discovered this power, what will she do with it? Will Luke guide her to use it for good? It seems he tried that with Ben Solo and that didn't go so well. What will be different now? To me, that is a fascinating prospect, one that I can't wait to see play out in the movie next month. You may be able to wait a few months, but I've already been waiting two years so I'll be going ahead to watch in anticipation and hope that Rey, along with Luke, will grow in their strengths as heroes and keep evil at bay.

~`` Todd King
    (Foxtwin)

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo996 View Post
    Anyways, there's no real climax from Episode 7. So Luke shows up in the end. Am I supposed to care? "The Last Jedi" is already a give-away as if it matters.
    I'm curious, do you not care about Star Wars in general or the current stories in particular? Because I'm wondering why you took the time to come in and respond if you don't care.

BTW, though it's not evident in the English language version of the title, you do know that the non-English-language versions of the title indicate that Jedi is plural, right?

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwin View Post
    It is hard to not read the news. When you're on a newsfeed or social media, all kinds of news is sprinkled in there like stray pixie dust. Reading about updates in the economy suddenly links headlines to successful movies and there they are boom! links to 'spoilers that may ruin a movie's return on investment' or whatever the site deems as related news.
    Yep, random stuff shows up on social media, and I'm careful about who I follow. I remember the uproar over the giant spoiler included in the soundtrack title listing of Phantom Menace. Which I didn't see because I didn't look at the soundtrack ahead of time. But I got spoiled because I was reading Variety, who had a blurb about the uproar, including telling you exactly what the spoiler was.

If I had my way, I'd sleep until Episode 9 came out and then I'd watch 7, 8 and 9 with no other information than I have now. I actually just saw the latest trailer for Last Jedi, and I'm going to do my best to avoid seeing it again because I don't want those specific images emblazoned in my head. I mostly don't look at any of the toys until after I've seen a film, but it's impossible not to notice porgs everywhere!

Two more weeks!
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

His concerts ALWAYS end with "Take Me Home". If he hasn't played it, it's not time to leave yet.

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post

If I had my way, I'd sleep until Episode 9 came out and then I'd watch 7, 8 and 9 with no other information than I have now. I actually just saw the latest trailer for Last Jedi, and I'm going to do my best to avoid seeing it again because I don't want those specific images emblazoned in my head. I mostly don't look at any of the toys until after I've seen a film, but it's impossible not to notice porgs everywhere!

Two more weeks!
    Now you've done it! It's supposed to be a secret that the Porgs are the last Jedi!
    -Dave

Star Wars: How to be Spoiler-Free

Probably true

They’re probably full of mitochlorians (or whatever that was)

There are browser add-ons that can hide spoilers. (I use social fixer)

Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013