Ross age 9 (10 now)

Owen age 8

Kathleen my mum and kids Nana

Bryan my dad and kids Dada

Joanne my sister

Chris my brother in law

Cameron age 7

Katie age 4
    I set my alarm for 3.50 but woke up at 3 and couldn't get back to sleep! John said I woke him up with me snoring. First job of the day was to feed the cats (Rory and Dixie)and change the cat litter. Rory and Dixie are both 5. This is Rory now

I had my shower whilst John and the boys had breakfast, too early for me so I just had a coffee. Said goodbye to my girls Rory and Dixie and we left at 5.15. Our next door neighbour Yvonne was coming to look after the cats and she was so good to them whilst we were away, visiting 3 times a day to see and care for them. We had a good journey and got picked up by the bus at the airport car park as soon as we arrived. Wrong car park as it turns out but that's another story for the end of the trip report! Once we got to the airport we met Mum, Dad, Joanne, Chris, Cameron and Katie. They were a bit ahead of us in the check in queue but we were all soon checked in and met up again in the departure lounge. Joanne, Mum and myself had a latte whilst we waited for the plane which was on time.

The plane left at 8.40 and we had a nice breakfast of bacon, sausages, scrambled eggs, mushrooms and tomato.

The plane landed ahead of time despite have to queue over London as lots of planes were coming in to land at the same time.

Once we landed Mum, Dad, Joanne, Chris, Cameron and Katie has to board their plane to JFK which was leaving at 11.20.

We were flying via Philadelphia and that didn't leave until 12.45.

Got the kids a kinder egg and an Ok mag for me at WH Smith and then waited for our plane.

In hindsight we'd never get 3 planes to Orlando ever again as it was much too tiring. We normally fly direct from Gatwick and land about 3pm US time. We didn't get to our hotel until 12.45 am US time having been up since 3.30 UK time!

The flights were all good though but it's not for us.

I enjoyed the films during the BA flight and watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2, Shallow Water and Finding Dory.

The kids were very good during all the flights.

They played computer games and watched tv and the angry birds film.

I had vegetable lasagne and john had chicken curry. We had chocolate mousse too. The kids had chicken nuggets, peas and mash.

We enjoyed several drinks onboard, I had 3 red wines and a whisky and lemonade. John had 4 beers.

Landed on time and didn't take too long to clear customs. Our flight to Orlando was delayed until 8pm was supposed to be 6.20.

We were hungry and had some tasty cheeseburgers and fries from Wendy's.

Eventually got on plane to Orlando and met up with everyone at Disney's Magical Express.

They didn't care much for JFK and had problem with buses at airport.

We had nice journey on Magical Express bus and finally reached Saratoga Springs Resort.

To end a stressful day, the kids bed hadn't been made up so was doing that at 1am! Apart from that we were very happy to be back at Disney World.

Please see our photos here

2. # ADS

Thanks for the report! Can't wait to read the rest! :-)

Jan

"A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference." --Eeyore

Quote Originally Posted by wdwjan View Post
    Thanks for the report! Can't wait to read the rest! :-)

Jan
    Thanks, next day up soon

Our photos are here

Had a good sleep and woke up at 8.15, I think we were the last ones up as we met everyone else at breakfast at the Artists Palette.
    With the kids dining plan, children can get an adults quick service meal which gives them more choice.
    The boys had scrambled eggs and bacon with some strawberries to have after.
    I had the bounty platter which was very nice. It had bacon, sausages, scrambled eggs, a biscuit and a Mickey waffle with syrup.

As on every holiday we went to the Magic Kingdom for our first day. It was lovely and hot, in the 90's.
    I always love seeing the main entrance and was delighted to be here again. Cameron and Katie had never been to Disney before so was lovely to see their reaction.

Out first fast pass was for the Haunted Mansion
    We love this ride and it's one of our favourites. Katie didn't like it as there were no princesses and it was scary!
    You always see new things no matter how many times you ride it. I saw legs under the ghostly dining table at the banquet which I hadn't noticed before.

Next up was mum's favourite ride, It's a Small World. It was good as usual and the kids all enjoyed it. Mum was funny boarding the boat and stepped into the wrong row as she was getting on

Had some water as we were thirsty with the heat and then ice lollies and Mickey ice creams for the kids.
    Messy faces all round after the Mickey ice cream!

Pirates of the Caribbean didn't have too long a line, so we went on that. Few little changes since 2013. Great ride which everyone enjoyed.
    We were all racing drivers next as we went on the Speedway. Ross and Owen drove their cars with John and Dad as passengers. Mum was my passenger. Fun ride.

Splash Mountain was next and I always love this ride.

Love having the memory maker and all the great photos you get with it.
    Mum doesn't like the big drop in Splash Mountain so her and Dad were going to go to see the Country Bear Jamboree whilst we went on Splash.
    Didn't quite go to plan as Mum went to the toilet and then couldn't find Dad when she came out. Poor Dad was waiting 45 minutes before he finally met Mum again! They tried to find each other but eventually Dad went to the "if you get lost" meet up point beside the Walt and Mickey statue. After we came out of Splash Mountain we went over to the Country bears but didn't see them come out. By this time the Festival of Fantasy parade had started so stopped to watch that. It was a good parade and I liked the fire breathing dragon, you can tell I'm a Game of Thrones fan!

Once traffic had cleared we went down to the hub area and saw mum and dad at the meet up point. We heard what had happened and Dad said he didn't even get to see the bears! Felt sorry for poor mum being lost that length of time.

We all then decided to go back to the hotel and John and the boys went swimming whilst I finished the unpacking.
    John couldn't find his swimming shorts and was hunting all over for them when he discovered he'd been wearing them as "normal" shorts all day ha ha

We all had showers and got ready for Disney Springs (DS), it was funny calling it that as it's always been Downtown Disney to us. Had lovely boat ride down and walked to the Rainforest Cafe. It was pouring rain ☔️ once we got to DS so we sheltered in the Lego shop until nearer our reservation time.
    Got our table after 10 mins or so.
    Mum, Dad and myself had

Jungle Steak and Shrimp
    Fiat Iron steak, steak butter, Shrimp Scampi, Caribbean Coconut Shrimp, choice of a side
    $28.49

It was lovely but my steak was very rare and not medium as I'd asked. On our second visit there, right at the end of the holiday, the waiters were asking diners to cut into their steak when it arrived at the table to check if it was cooked correctly. They must have had complaints as I've never seen them do that before.

My steak was very nice though and the shrimp was lovely. Ps everyone else's steak was fine.

John had

Primal Steak
    Aged USDA choice center-cut NY strip steak, char-broiled, steak butter, red skinned mashed potatoes, choice of a side
    $34.99

Joanne had

Ribs, Steak & Shrimp Trio
    Caribbean Coconut Shrimp, Mojo Bones Ribs, flat iron steak with steak butter, coleslaw, Safari fries
    $30.99

Chris had

Rainforest Burger
    Lettuce, tomato, pickle, cheese, topped with a fried onion ring, choice of a side. Add bacon or sauted mushrooms 1.49
    $15.99

Ross had

Hot Dog
    Traditional favorite served with mac and cheese and drink
    $8.99

Owen had hotdog and fries

Cameron had

Rainforest Rascals
    Char-grilled mini burgers served with choice of side and drink
    $8.99
    Katie ordered

Macaroni & Cheese
    Pasta with cheese sauce served with choice of side and drink
    $8.99

Poor wee girl fell asleep so Jo and Chris took it back to the room.

I had
    Tribal Cheesecake
    Our traditional cheesecake served with creamy whipped topping and topped with raspberry sauce
    $8.99

This was nice but only managed a bit of it as it was very filling.
    The kids had an ice cream sandwich

Got boat back to Saratoga Springs. Lovely first day

Our photos are here