Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31

Thread: Countdown to the magic - Part 8!

Quote Originally Posted by betsyrina View Post
    And I already spilled the beans. I'm the worst secret keeper. I lasted less than 12 hours. He saw my planning book... Since I wrote this morning, I changed my dates to later in October. But I have my airfare and my hotel and tickets reserved.
    😂😂😂😂 secret keeper extraordinaire.
    Nice- flights etc.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    secret keeper extraordinaire.
    Nice- flights etc.
    What's your secret?

What's your secret?
    I meant you. I laughed really hard that you made it 12 hours.
    4 days

The fall dcor at DL was awesome too. I can't wait to see what they do at WDW. I love Animal Kingdom so much. When Ben found out, he said immediately that he wanted to spend two days at AK.
    Fall is a good time for WDW, IMO. I am pretty sure for the most part the Halloween decorations are mostly at the MK. I just looked at some pictures I took October 2018 (well, September 30 thru Oct 6, I believe), and MK was the only noticeable decorations.

If you and your son might appreciate trying some different food you are going during the Epcot Food and Wine Festival. The kiosks all around the park have all sorts of yummy things to try. There are also free concerts for quite a bit of the festival(generally 3 performances in the evening for whomever is on the schedule). I'm not sure if the schedule with performers is out yet, but you will certainly see if up long before your trip starts, so you have time to figure out if you might like to see any of them while you are there.
    -Dave

New decade...49 days

Shawn
    Past Trips: 2006-POR; 2008-POP; 2009-CBR; 2010-VB/AKV Kidani; 2010-BLT; 2011-BWV; 2011-AKV Kidani; 2013-BCV/BLT; 2014-AKL Jambo (Concierge); 2015-SSR/OKW; 2016 BCV/AKV Kidani; 2018 BWV

At MCO for the ride home. Was a good trip. Missed out on meeting up with Pete but met many other jolly bus drivers. One last night was ecstatic when I asked her about transportation cards. Good fun though, and great food.

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    At MCO for the ride home. Was a good trip. Missed out on meeting up with Pete but met many other jolly bus drivers. One last night was ecstatic when I asked her about transportation cards. Good fun though, and great food.
    Sorry to hear that youre trip is over. Sounds like you had a great time. I am down to 7, leaving next Sunday for my longest visit ever, 14 nights.

Quote Originally Posted by daisyd0 View Post
    Sorry to hear that you’re trip is over. Sounds like you had a great time. I am down to 7, leaving next Sunday for my longest visit ever, 14 nights.
    Have a great trip! I can't imagine doing 14 consecutive nights, but it would be pretty sweet! Is that all at POR? (I saw you mention staying there in an earlier post)

I generally do a week as max. Think my shortest was 3 full days (opened up with an evening on arrival day) this past December to see the holiday decor (but I wasn't focusing on doing too many rides then, so it was still workable).
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by daisyd0 View Post
    Sorry to hear that youre trip is over. Sounds like you had a great time. I am down to 7, leaving next Sunday for my longest visit ever, 14 nights.
    Just got home. It was a good one. POR is really nice. A little more walking due to the spread out nature. Stayed in Lodge 28 in Alligator Bayou side. Took the boat from DS home one night, pretty chilly.

Yeah 14 nights is crazy long!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Have a great trip! I can't imagine doing 14 consecutive nights, but it would be pretty sweet! Is that all at POR? (I saw you mention staying there in an earlier post)

I generally do a week as max. Think my shortest was 3 full days (opened up with an evening on arrival day) this past December to see the holiday decor (but I wasn't focusing on doing too many rides then, so it was still workable).
    Yes its all at POR. Generally we go for 6 nights. Our shortest visits are flying down for 3 day weekends. It will be nice since the artic blast is starting to settle in here.

Just got home. It was a good one. POR is really nice. A little more walking due to the spread out nature. Stayed in Lodge 28 in Alligator Bayou side. Took the boat from DS home one night, pretty chilly.
    I know we will be in alligator bayou too. I dont mind walking far. We arent planning on going to the parks every day. Doing special events like Segway tours, MK extra hours, carriage rides and visiting sea world and other local attractions too. But its going to be nice to escape the cold 🥶 they are predicting a high of 5 for Friday.

2 days...

We leave in 7 days.

I don't know and I don't care if It's a Small World. It's a nice day when you wake up in Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    I meant you. I laughed really hard that you made it 12 hours.
    4 days
    I know. You just added secret keeper extraordinaire, so I asked what is your secret to keeping secrets...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Fall is a good time for WDW, IMO. I am pretty sure for the most part the Halloween decorations are mostly at the MK. I just looked at some pictures I took October 2018 (well, September 30 thru Oct 6, I believe), and MK was the only noticeable decorations.

If you and your son might appreciate trying some different food you are going during the Epcot Food and Wine Festival. The kiosks all around the park have all sorts of yummy things to try. There are also free concerts for quite a bit of the festival(generally 3 performances in the evening for whomever is on the schedule). I'm not sure if the schedule with performers is out yet, but you will certainly see if up long before your trip starts, so you have time to figure out if you might like to see any of them while you are there.
    Yes, I am probably going to upgrade to Park Hopper because of the Food and Wine Festival. We're a little adventurous about eating. I think we could share things that appeal to both of us and try some new things that way. I'll also watch for the performance schedule to come out. We saw Mickey from The Monkees when we were there the last time, and we both had fun with that.

Glad you had a good trip.

Blog Entries

DD just started her DCP this week. Just booked a short weekend in April to visit while she’s still there.

95 days!!!

~Katrina