Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Countdown to the magic - Part 8!

Not exactly a countdown - BUT in just about 6 weeks or so I'll be putting my request in for our next stay, early May, 2019.
    This booking way in advance is very unnerving for me!

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by ssmerdel View Post
    180 days

Happy ADR Day!
    No need for ADRs during Food and Wine fest! Except for LTT, of course...

Quote Originally Posted by ericles View Post
    Not exactly a countdown - BUT in just about 6 weeks or so I'll be putting my request in for our next stay, early May, 2019.
    This booking way in advance is very unnerving for me!
    It is a bit off-putting, isn't it? But it does extend the enjoyment of trip planning a bit, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    14 days!

Need to decide whether to cancel some FP+ for FoP and make the trip more well-rounded with other parks' attractions. I over-compensated for being shut out with FoP FP+ last time (I lucked out when there were openings a few times over the last several weeks!), but I probably don't want to spend 75% of my trip all at DAK!

Maybe squeeze another last minute ADR in somewhere....
    It's called park-hopping, bro!

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    It is a bit off-putting, isn't it? But it does extend the enjoyment of trip planning a bit, so...
    Luckily I've got another trip or two to non-WDW type places in the meantime to enjoy. I find I can't really get into my WDW trips until everything that is happening between now and then has happened. And I think this will be the longest between trips for us - looks like not quite 2 1/2 years I think - since 2003. It's one of the reasons we are going to do a full week vs. a long weekend. I can't even remember the last time we did a full week....has to be close to 10 years I think. Definitely going to do another split stay, assuming we can get what we want. If not, then just one resort.

DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE!!!
    99 DAYS/14 Weeks tomorrow
    Michelle
    offsite '86, ASMo '01, POR '02, CBR '05, POR '08, POR '10, BCV '10, Pop '11, BC '14, DL offsite '15, POR '16, FQ '17

No need for ADRs during Food and Wine fest! Except for LTT, of course...
    of course, but the wife wanted breakfast. Food and Wine for lunch/dinner/snack.
    Shawn
    Past Trips: 2006-POR; 2008-POP; 2009-CBR; 2010-VB/AKV Kidani; 2010-BLT; 2011-BWV; 2011-AKV Kidani; 2013-BCV/BLT; 2014-AKL Jambo (Concierge); 2015-SSR/OKW; 2016 BCV/AKV Kidani

Quote Originally Posted by ssmerdel View Post
    of course, but the wife wanted breakfast. Food and Wine for lunch/dinner/snack.
    Beer, it's what's for breakfast...

14 days!

Need to decide whether to cancel some FP+ for FoP and make the trip more well-rounded with other parks' attractions. I over-compensated for being shut out with FoP FP+ last time (I lucked out when there were openings a few times over the last several weeks!), but I probably don't want to spend 75% of my trip all at DAK!

Maybe squeeze another last minute ADR in somewhere....
    Almost there! If you havent rode FOP yet dont cancel that fast pass. Its definitely worth it.

It's called park-hopping, bro!
    Oh, I definitely hop... no problem there. It's rare I spend the whole day in only one park, but I may have over done it a bit here (see below).

Quote Originally Posted by daisyd0 View Post
    Almost there! If you haven’t rode FOP yet don’t cancel that fast pass. It’s definitely worth it.
    I did ride it once on standby in October, just got shut out of FP+ since I arranged late and didn't regularly try since I was inside 60 days and figured there wasn't much point. I was similarly unprepared (finalizing plans less than 60 days out) this time, but thanks to helpful hints (I think from Nick or Joey - thanks!), I was able to add 5 FP+ for FoP this trip. I will be keeping at least 3 of them I am sure, but may relinquish one or 2 of the later ones, maybe waiting until after I've successfully ridden it the first 2 times.

If I time average the 5 FP+ with the one standby I successfully did, and the 2 I waited for about 2 1/2 hours when both of the Pandora rides started the day down (2 mornings in a row - which I am guessing was an anomaly as I've not seen anyone else note such a thing regularly), the average wait starts to become a little more reasonable.
    -Dave

120 days. 6 nights at OKW + 7 nights at SSR + 3 nights at AKL.

Dave1313 can I ask how long it took from your 60 day window to get FOP fast passes. I lucked into a trip recently and will be there 6/30 to 7/8. Im hoping Toy Story Land will distract some people for a day or two. If we cant get fast passes I was going to try to fast pass the river ride and do stand by on early morning hours day for FOP

Blog Entries

168 days until Oct. trip. Have never done a trip to Orlando in Oct. and heard last Oct. (2017) WDW was packed probably due to folks changing their travel schedules due to two large hurricanes hitting within weeks of each other in Sept.

Wishing i could be at WDW...

Quote Originally Posted by suejacken View Post
    Dave1313 can I ask how long it took from your 60 day window to get FOP fast passes. I lucked into a trip recently and will be there 6/30 to 7/8. I’m hoping Toy Story Land will distract some people for a day or two. If we can’t get fast passes I was going to try to fast pass the river ride and do stand by on early morning hours day for FOP
    I didn't write down the days, unfortunately, probably within 40-50 or so. I have an advantage as a solo traveler in that I am only looking for one spot, so depends on group size, of course. The "trick" I was acknowledging was checking after midnight (or in my case - might have been 2 AM EDT for two of my successful grabs). It never occurred to me that there might be such a thing as a "better time" to check. I always assumed you had to luck out and "squeeze in" right when someone cancelled one. That late night timing wasn't how they all happened though. The last one I grabbed on my lunch hour on a Monday, I think. Keep trying whenever you have a spare moment I think is the best advice - something might open up.

If you are starting 6/30, you are still over 60 days by about a week, right? so you should be able to try to get in when your window first opens.
    -Dave

I didn't write down the days, unfortunately, probably within 40-50 or so. I have an advantage as a solo traveler in that I am only looking for one spot, so depends on group size, of course. The "trick" I was acknowledging was checking after midnight (or in my case - might have been 2 AM EDT for two of my successful grabs). It never occurred to me that there might be such a thing as a "better time" to check. I always assumed you had to luck out and "squeeze in" right when someone cancelled one. That late night timing wasn't how they all happened though. The last one I grabbed on my lunch hour on a Monday, I think. Keep trying whenever you have a spare moment I think is the best advice - something might open up.

If you are starting 6/30, you are still over 60 days by about a week, right? so you should be able to try to get in when your window first opens.
    I've also heard numerous times to try right at 10am too!

Thanks so much for the info. I do plan in trying right away but I wasnt sure if more become available later. I do check a lot for openings for restaurants but I never thought about doing it for fast passes. I havent gone in three years and that was my first experience with Fast passes. I dont think we made good use of them then. Now I know better. I appreciate your quick reply

Thanks so much for the info. I do plan in trying right away but I wasnt sure if more become available later. I do check a lot for openings for restaurants but I never thought about doing it for fast passes. I havent gone in three years and that was my first experience with Fast passes. I dont think we made good use of them then. Now I know better. I appreciate your quick reply
    You're welcome! Bear in mind my challenge was self-inflicted. I don't know for sure what might have happened at my 60 day window since I didn't finalize my hotel until I was less than 60 days out.

I seem to recall previously that people suggested that shorter trips may have problems even at the 60 day window opening due to people with longer trips that started before theirs having access to much or all of their visit days before they did. I can't say if that is still a problem or not, since I was a procrastinator.

Another (not FoP related) thing to consider for your trip (pretty sure this wasn't the case 3 years ago) is the more recent ability to add other FP+ after you use your first three. That can make it an advantage to schedule your 1st 3 early in the day and then you can likely add less popular attractions through a good part of the afternoon, one at a time.
    -Dave

Plus, after you use your first three, the following ones can be in a different park. However, all of the major popular ones will be gone.

Thanks. I am going to assume the newer rides will be hard to get but worth a try. We are willing to try early hours standby if we cant get them. Definitely want to try to see toy story land regardless of how crowded it will be. Studios opens at 7 each morning in July so hopefully we can get in

Thanks. I am going to assume the newer rides will be hard to get but worth a try. We are willing to try early hours standby if we cant get them. Definitely want to try to see toy story land regardless of how crowded it will be. Studios opens at 7 each morning in July so hopefully we can get in
    Good plan. Be there at six...

Okay. Thanks. I really appreciate the advice