Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Countdown to the magic - Part 8!

Countdown to the magic - Part 8!

We filled the last thread! So I'll restart with ONE!

Nick Andrews, DL (numerous) '74-76, '85, '91?, 12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13
    ,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW College Program) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

2. # ADS

Aaaaaaaand it's ZERO day!

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    Aaaaaaaand it's ZERO day!
    Lucky you, have a magical vacation!

Quote Originally Posted by daisyd0 View Post
    Lucky you, have a magical vacation!
    Thanks! On the way to the airport now. Crazy Uber guy...

Have a great time, Nick! Say hi to Joey for us!

Tony S.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

url=http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/][/url]

96 days, but with a great twist! We may be going for a long weekend in just 36 days!

Tony S.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

url=http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/][/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Lovethemouse View Post
    96 days, but with a great twist! We may be going for a long weekend in just 36 days!
    That would be a great time to go! We're at the airport now, first bevvie going down pretty smooth.

That would be a great time to go! We're at the airport now, first bevvie going down pretty smooth.
    Enjoy Andrews Bothers!
    Shawn
    Past Trips: 2006-POR; 2008-POP; 2009-CBR; 2010-VB/AKV Kidani; 2010-BLT; 2011-BWV; 2011-AKV Kidani; 2013-BCV/BLT; 2014-AKL Jambo (Concierge); 2015-SSR/OKW; 2016 BCV/AKV Kidani

Quote Originally Posted by ssmerdel View Post
    Enjoy Andrews Bothers!
    We're gonna try! Uber from Zimmerman International straight to Beach Club. Less than thirty minutes!

Girls only trip is 126 days. But I think DH and I might head down in January, he will go for two weeks and I’ll join him for one of the weeks, I can’t take two weeks off from work.

Quote Originally Posted by rph13 View Post
    Girls only trip is 126 days. But I think DH and I might head down in January, he will go for two weeks and I’ll join him for one of the weeks, I can’t take two weeks off from work.
    Lucky you!

Negative now, at the airport to fly home...

Negative now, at the airport to fly home...
    Bummer, but at least you did get to sneak a quick trip in just before F&W ended.

That just means it's time for the next countdown!

BTW, you made me curious with Zimmerman International... I was wondering what airport that was! I think I figured out what it is(it's not an airport, right?), but not sure.
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Bummer, but at least you did get to sneak a quick trip in just before F&W ended.

That just means it's time for the next countdown!

BTW, you made me curious with Zimmerman International... I was wondering what airport that was! I think I figured out what it is(it's not an airport, right?), but not sure.
    I've heard people jokingly call Orlando Sanford international airport as Zimmerman International, after a certain idiot. Kind of in poor taste, but it is what it is. Like when they rename an airport after a worthless mayor or have his stupid face on huge banners in said airport, like Denver used to have for Wellington Webb.

It was a good trip, short and sweet. My legs are sore! We hit almost all kiosks. Used Uber a lot, it's about $48 to/from Sanford/Disney Springs.

I've heard people jokingly call Orlando Sanford international airport as Zimmerman International, after a certain idiot. Kind of in poor taste, but it is what it is. Like when they rename an airport after a worthless mayor or have his stupid face on huge banners in said airport, like Denver used to have for Wellington Webb.
    Oops... my bad. didn't make the connection to THAT Zimmerman.

I actually googled it and found there is a wine importing company by that name.... though maybe you were getting a head start .

Glad it was a good trip. Kudos for hitting so many booths. I didn't come any where near all 35 when I was there, so many to try!

To keep with he thread topic: I am not yet fully committed here, but I did go on a whim and make a single dining reservation for my potential F&G trip the other day... if that plays out, 176 and counting...
    -Dave

Hahahahahaaaaaaa, yup. We hit about thirty of them. The three of us shared a lot of things so we could try a wider variety. I lost one of my little AP buttons yesterday between AK and MK somewhere, but was able to grab a replacement today right before we left. Since we stayed at Best Western near DS, we left luggage at Beach Club Bell desk again and took Uber from there. People at the Disney resort are always happy to care for your baggage, and often they refuse to take a tip for it. We still try though.

Hahahahahaaaaaaa, yup. We hit about thirty of them. The three of us shared a lot of things so we could try a wider variety. I lost one of my little AP buttons yesterday between AK and MK somewhere, but was able to grab a replacement today right before we left. Since we stayed at Best Western near DS, we left luggage at Beach Club Bell desk again and took Uber from there. People at the Disney resort are always happy to care for your baggage, and often they refuse to take a tip for it. We still try though.
    Welcome back to reality. Glad you had a great time.

Some of the lines for food kiosks were long, but nothing like a new attraction! We tried some really amazing food and some great drinks.

Non-F&W factoid, Navi River Journey was very cool, I'll be doing it again. The shaman animatronic is amazing, far more impressive than the ones in frozen ever after some people thought were great. And there's a bubble drink from there that is, while sweet, quite delicious... Scenery is really cool both day and night.

Just booked DH’s tour for his trip in January and started booking FP and ADRs.

Non-F&W factoid, Navi River Journey was very cool, I'll be doing it again. The shaman animatronic is amazing, far more impressive than the ones in frozen ever after some people thought were great. And there's a bubble drink from there that is, while sweet, quite delicious... Scenery is really cool both day and night.
    If you mean the Night Blossom (non alcoholic drink from Pongu Pongu quick serve stand), I'd definitely agree! I had one of these one day after (unfortunately) unsuccessfully waiting for FoP on standby in the morning when the ride ended up being down for several hours. I gave up after a couple hours and had one of these and it was a nice way to cool off a little after not getting to go on the ride. I don't believe I have ever had Passion Fruit Boba Balls before, but I liked them.

I had double bad luck with the same exact thing happening with FoP the next morning (don't know how long it was down, but I gave up after maybe 2 hours again), but went back for one of these drinks again before departing. (I did get to ride FoP on an earlier day in the trip luckily, these were attempted second visits that failed).
    -Dave

328 days on March 14, at 7 months, I can book at Boardwalk or Beach Club Villas.

Shawn
    Past Trips: 2006-POR; 2008-POP; 2009-CBR; 2010-VB/AKV Kidani; 2010-BLT; 2011-BWV; 2011-AKV Kidani; 2013-BCV/BLT; 2014-AKL Jambo (Concierge); 2015-SSR/OKW; 2016 BCV/AKV Kidani