Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: Countdown to the magic - Part 8!

Quote Originally Posted by ssmerdel View Post
    1 week to go!
    Lucky you, soooo close now 👍

2. # ADS

Uno to travel, zwei zu parks!

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    Sounds good Dave, I hope you left some of the good stuff for us to sample!
    While I did consider trying it based on your comments, I did leave all the SPAM Hash for you to enjoy! I seriously was going to try it, but my running around to do other things made me just not get to it this trip (it seems to have enough of a following, hopefully it will return next year and I'll make the effort). Also missed the Charcuterie in a Cone from Spain(forget where, but I had read that was decent too, so it was on my list), but I think I tried most things I was interested in. Too much available to do it all, that's for sure!

I see today is your travel day, so have a great trip!
    -Dave

Thanks! Oh man you missed out! The hash is awesome and the charc-in-a-cone was great too. Should be at Westgate tonight for our last trp there before we dump them. In the park tomorrow morning!

Thanks! Oh man you missed out! The hash is awesome and the charc-in-a-cone was great too. Should be at Westgate tonight for our last trp there before we dump them. In the park tomorrow morning!
    Enjoy your trip, and Food and Wine. Safe travels.

Thanks! I'm alone at the office, putting in five hours on a holiday so I don't have to use PTO next Monday. Luckily, our office counts 5 as a full day for salaried folks, since I only get three weeks a year.

Countdown to the magic - Part 8!

6 days.

Nick let me know if you guys are around Disney Springs Sunday evening. We will be arriving and having dinner there roughy 8:30 or so. Would like to say hi if schedules allow it.

Shawn
    Past Trips: 2006-POR; 2008-POP; 2009-CBR; 2010-VB/AKV Kidani; 2010-BLT; 2011-BWV; 2011-AKV Kidani; 2013-BCV/BLT; 2014-AKL Jambo (Concierge); 2015-SSR/OKW; 2016 BCV/AKV Kidani; 2018 BWV

That would be awesome, but we're heading over to Flagler Beach/Daytona beach Sunday morning and staying there our last night. One of these days...

5 days

Shawn
    Past Trips: 2006-POR; 2008-POP; 2009-CBR; 2010-VB/AKV Kidani; 2010-BLT; 2011-BWV; 2011-AKV Kidani; 2013-BCV/BLT; 2014-AKL Jambo (Concierge); 2015-SSR/OKW; 2016 BCV/AKV Kidani; 2018 BWV

So excited for those that are there or are getting ready to go! Take lots of pics to share!!

360 Days til next years Food & Wine Trip and 618 Days til the 2020 EPIC Galaxy's Edge multi family multi generational trip.

~Anne~ Trips to the World ~ 18 * 15 * 09 * 10/05 * 6/05 * 02 * 99 * 95 * 91 * 89 * 88 * 81 * 79 * 77 * 76 * 74

4 days. Getting excited.

Shawn

3 days

Shawn

3 days
    Getting close! Pre-hydrate, it's sweaty here. Some clouds but the sun is out and it's humid. Crowds are lower though! TSL is pretty cool, have Slinky FPP for saturday.

Getting close! Pre-hydrate, it's sweaty here. Some clouds but the sun is out and it's humid. Crowds are lower though! TSL is pretty cool, have Slinky FPP for saturday.
    Hydrating. Been watching the weather.

DS Sunday Evening
    Epcot Monday morning.
    DHS Tuesday morning with the early morning magic. Plan to ride Slinky a lot.

2 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shawn

DS Sunday Evening
    Epcot Monday morning.

2 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's sunny and hot already! Epcot morning, already at Morocco.

DS Sunday Evening
    Epcot Monday morning.

Have a great trip! I ended up doing the early morning magic for TSL last week. It was probably worth it, especially with the food (which you obviously should wait until after the park opens, if practical for your group).

The day I did it, they assigned 7:00 AM as my time, for the EMM, but when myself and several other groups were trying to make our way to TSL before 7:30, they let us know the land itself would not be opening until 7:30 (which is what I thought it was set as anyway, ~ 1 1/2 hours before park open), so they suggested we get some food first. So I just did a quick nosh at the fruit and danish bar, then did the hot part of the meal at the end after doing the rides.

I was able to do SDD I think 8 times, and even did Saucers twice, and TSM once before the regular guests flooded in(so if I focused just on SDD, probably could have fit one or 2 more in easily, I thin kit was around 5-7 minutes per trip form on line to off the ride). The only time I was a little concerned was on maybe the third or 4th trip for SDD, the line was actually a bit on the long side. I was worried it was going to remain like that the rest of the event,but it did not. It might have corresponded to a large group of people leaving breakfast at one time, because the line was short again for all future rides.
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Have a great trip! I ended up doing the early morning magic for TSL last week. It was probably worth it, especially with the food (which you obviously should wait until after the park opens, if practical for your group).

The day I did it, they assigned 7:00 AM as my time, for the EMM, but when myself and several other groups were trying to make our way to TSL before 7:30, they let us know the land itself would not be opening until 7:30 (which is what I thought it was set as anyway, ~ 1 1/2 hours before park open), so they suggested we get some food first. So I just did a quick nosh at the fruit and danish bar, then did the hot part of the meal at the end after doing the rides.

I was able to do SDD I think 8 times, and even did Saucers twice, and TSM once before the regular guests flooded in(so if I focused just on SDD, probably could have fit one or 2 more in easily, I thin kit was around 5-7 minutes per trip form on line to off the ride). The only time I was a little concerned was on maybe the third or 4th trip for SDD, the line was actually a bit on the long side. I was worried it was going to remain like that the rest of the event,but it did not. It might have corresponded to a large group of people leaving breakfast at one time, because the line was short again for all future rides.
    Thanks for the details. I was hoping for several trips on Slinky Dog and Toy Story Mania.

1 day...There is a great big beautiful tomorrow!
    Shawn

Thanks for the details. I was hoping for several trips on Slinky Dog and Toy Story Mania.

Safe travels and have a wonderful vacation!

In line for Slinky now, inside the actual queue. Have FPP for later on too!

In line for Slinky now, inside the actual queue. Have FPP for later on too!
    So jealous! Im sure you are having a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by daisyd0 View Post
    So jealous! Im sure you are having a great time.
    We'r are but it's getting short. Last day in the parks. Wrapping up with MK tonight, then heading to the beach in the morning. RRC single rider line now, then FP for it, then FP for Slinky again.

From one packing procrastinator to another, finish your packing!

I just double checked my notes, and for the most part if was about 7-8 minutes from entering the Slinky Dog line until being off the ride. (ride itself is ~ 2 mins, I think). The worst case for that longer wait I mentioned was 13 minutes from on line to done(though it seems I actually had 2 of those). (I also only rode Slinky 7 times during EMM, not 8 like I mentioned earlier)

If you haven't already heard, the TSM exit path is actually pretty long with the re-configuration. It's easily close to 2 minutes from walking off the ride to being off the exit path and back in the land. Slinky is far better for repeats, you leave the ride, and you are right near the entrance to get back in line (during the EMM, the line should not likely extend past the entry point of the queue). Plus, obviously TSM is a longer ride. My single ride from getting in line to being off the exit was 15 minutes, and it was close to a walk on in the queue - good news was if I wanted to go again, they would have let me stay on- so if you want to do multiples that's a possibility, if TSM isn't getting a crowd.

Have a great trip! Good luck maximizing the fun of the EMM!
    -Dave

Today is D-Day (Disney Day). We fly out this afternoon. Dinner at Disney Springs tonight.

Shawn

Today is D-Day (Disney Day). We fly out this afternoon. Dinner at Disney Springs tonight.
    Safe travels! We're on the road to New Smyrna Beach right now. Was a good trip for us, and what is looking great, if warm, for you.