Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Countdown to the magic - Part 8!

Quote Originally Posted by Promo-Man View Post
    I made it here. I am in camp space 1831 in Fort Wilderness.
    Just about have everything setup
    Sounds like a great start!

2. # ADS

I made it here. I am in camp space 1831 in Fort Wilderness.
    Just about have everything setup
    Glad to hear you arrived safely. Have a magical vacation.

Countdown to the magic - Part 8!

34 sleeps it’s getting real! Soon back to my Happy Place after a loooong 17 month hiatus.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    34 sleeps it’s getting real! Soon back to my Happy Place after a loooong 17 month hiatus.
    Oh yeah! So close to the 30 day day count. Hopefully the time waiting will pass quickly!

126 days

Shawn
    Past Trips: 2006-POR; 2008-POP; 2009-CBR; 2010-VB/AKV Kidani; 2010-BLT; 2011-BWV; 2011-AKV Kidani; 2013-BCV/BLT; 2014-AKL Jambo (Concierge); 2015-SSR/OKW; 2016 BCV/AKV Kidani; 2018 BWV

No official WDW countdown as I'm very limited on vacation days unless I take time off unpaid, but we are talking a little about a weekend Anaheim trip maybe.

Santa / Actor for hire
    MousePad Subscriber

Tomorrow I head home to Anaheim, but I will be back to the World on March 5, 2019 that is only 265 days away. Unless I decide to come down in February

Looking forward to setting up camp at Fort Wilderness Camp Grounds on March 5, 2019
    My Acting website
    My Santa website "It's not the look, it's what is in ones heart, that makes one a Santa"
    My Promotional Marketing website that's were my user name comes

Sounds as if you had a successful trip then! Safe travels westward!

Santa / Actor for hire
    MousePad Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by ericles View Post
    Sounds as if you had a successful trip then! Safe travels westward!
    Yes it has been a fine trip, but it would be better if I had someone to share it with.
    Looking forward to setting up camp at Fort Wilderness Camp Grounds on March 5, 2019
    My Acting website
    My Santa website "It's not the look, it's what is in ones heart, that makes one a Santa"

Yes it has been a fine trip, but it would be better if I had someone to share it with.
    Yes, I can understand that sentiment.

As far as our proposed 2019 trip, we've had a few developments. The family members we were planning on having join us at the beginning of our trip may not be able to make it, although nothing is a done deal yet. Regardless...neither of us are particularly bent out of shape at this latest development. If anything, it has solidified our thoughts that we aren't the types meant to tour WDW with others no matter how much we like the people...we had already begun to second guess our decision to pursue this trip with them even though we find them perfectly wonderful and easy to get on with relatives that we are VERY close & to and social with. We've decided to let the whole thing ride at the moment, although I was hoping to secure our DVC rental sooner rather than later. Worse case scenario we don't get our #1 resort choice, we are ok with that.
    Long story short - even if the other family members don't go next May, we will most likely still go on our own.
    Mrs. Slocombe is my spirit animal

www.snortrescue.org

Funny, Joey and I really enjoy trips with our parents and with our other bother and family, but we also enjoy trips with just the two of us or one or two friends, and solo trips as well. I guess we just like being there...

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    Funny, Joey and I really enjoy trips with our parents and with our other bother and family, but we also enjoy trips with just the two of us or one or two friends, and solo trips as well. I guess we just like being there...
    We usually do "family" trips to the Abacos & BVI's - and keep WDW for ourselves, mostly because it's not everyone's cup of tea.
    Mrs. Slocombe is my spirit animal

www.snortrescue.org

Quote Originally Posted by ericles View Post
    We usually do "family" trips to the Abacos & BVI's - and keep WDW for ourselves, mostly because it's not everyone's cup of tea.
    Sounds like fun. Our brother's family doesn't have quite the same discretionary income as Joey and I do. Dogs are less expensive than two daughters and a live-in MIL! In fact, we've subsidized part trips to help them make it and the girls are usually too afraid to ride bigger stuff and now they will be in teenager phase, so... Been telling Joey we need to convince them to do an adults trip to WDW without the girls!

43 days!!!

Michelle
    offsite '86, ASMo '01, POR '02, CBR '05, POR '08, POR '10, BCV '10, Pop '11, BC '14, DL offsite '15, POR '16, FQ '17, POR '18

Quote Originally Posted by Shula View Post
    43 days!!!
    It'll be zero before you realize it!

It'll be zero before you realize it!
    I know, but then I'm the type that gets sad a week before because it's almost over... Our countdowns are generally a year or two out so it seems like forever to get here and then gone in a blink. My favorite quote is by Dr. Seuss, " don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." I have to tell myself that over and over.

6 weeks til POR!
    Michelle
    offsite '86, ASMo '01, POR '02, CBR '05, POR '08, POR '10, BCV '10, Pop '11, BC '14, DL offsite '15, POR '16, FQ '17, POR '18

Quote Originally Posted by Shula View Post
    My favorite quote is by Dr. Seuss, " don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." I have to tell myself that over and over.

6 weeks til POR!
    That's a great quote!

121 days

Inching closer to double digits!

Shawn
    Past Trips: 2006-POR; 2008-POP; 2009-CBR; 2010-VB/AKV Kidani; 2010-BLT; 2011-BWV; 2011-AKV Kidani; 2013-BCV/BLT; 2014-AKL Jambo (Concierge); 2015-SSR/OKW; 2016 BCV/AKV Kidani; 2018 BWV

I feel like a real slacker without an official countdown. But with personnel changes at the office, still being in the moving process, and life in general, I really can't set a date yet.

I feel like a real slacker without an official countdown. But with personnel changes at the office, still being in the moving process, and life in general, I really can't set a date yet.
    I am sure you will have one soon. The withdrawal can only last so long.
    Shawn

24 days!!!

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Santa / Actor for hire
    MousePad Subscriber

I am back home in Anaheim, but it's only 259 days until I am back at Fort Wilderness Camp Grounds

My Acting website

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    24 days!!!
    Under 30 😀 Congrats!

12 days. Cant wait

Quote Originally Posted by suejacken View Post
    12 days. Cant wait
    So close, almost single digits!