Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Countdown to the magic - Part 8!

200 days!!!
    I've been stalling to officially book our rooms in hopes of getting a unique code. Waiting 2 more weeks then I'll give up, less than 3 weeks til ADR day.

Michelle
    offsite '86, ASMo '01, POR '02, CBR '05, POR '08, POR '10, BCV '10, Pop '11, BC '14, DL offsite '15, POR '16, FQ '17, POR '18, SSR '19, POR/BWI '19, BLT/BWV '20

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Shula View Post
    200 days!!!
    I've been stalling to officially book our rooms in hopes of getting a unique code. Waiting 2 more weeks then I'll give up, less than 3 weeks til ADR day.
    Good luck!

Last time I was there was in 2013 five years to celebrate a birthday. But hope to come one day again.

April Showers and Easter 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by rph13 View Post
    <We don't care to vacation or travel to WDW with others usually>
    I do the same, although I usually feel guilty about it. In the past I've met up with many online folks, and it almost always is a bust. I'm sitting there, socializing with someone I don't really know, while I'm wishing that I was out there riding a ride or drinking a drink. Nowadays I'll let someone know that, for instance, I'll be in the Rose & Crown Pub from 7pm to 9pm, and then it's up to them if they want to spend some time with me or not. Selfish, I know, but it's MY vacation, and I can spend it however I want!
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Dan- I remember a couple years back we were scheduled to be at WDW the same week. You had posted when you would be in the Rose and Crown and I was trying hard to get over to Epcot that night but it just didn’t work out. My DH was like “you want to go to Epcot, why? Let the poor man enjoy his drink without strangers!”

It would have been a pleasure hoisting a few brews with you guys!

- James Taylor

I know, right? Joey and I wanted to go meet up with The Dan one trip last year, but with additional family there too it didn't work out. One of these days, though!

I'm totally sure that you boys and me can drink the Rose & Crown into submission!

- James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I'm totally sure that you boys and me can drink the Rose & Crown into submission!
    Imagine the headlines all over Facebook...

I haven't been on here in a long time...but I have a countdown!

7 days!

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~ Walt Disney ~
    1982 Off-site, BC 9/01, ASMo 1/04, ASMu 8-9/08, POFQ 4/09, BC/POR 7/10, AKL and Wyndham Grand Resort at Bonnet Creek 7&8/12, CS 11/12, Disney Dream 3/13, POR and BW 12/13-1/14, Pop Century 7/14, Fort Wilderness 8/15, POR/AoA (MNSSHP and Food and Wine Festival 10/15), Fort Wilderness 7/16, Off-site 12/16, Off-site 12/17, Off-site 12/18 and Disney Magic, 7/19 Off-site DL/DCA

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymom5 View Post

7 days!
    Thats an awesome countdown! Have a great time.

7 days!
    Welcome back and have a magical time! Are you the local mom that got fed up with fp+ and $ increases and took a break from Disney? If so, I have wondered about you. Don't mean for that to sound creepy but I do wonder about posters we haven't heard from in awhile, especially those that wrote trip reports, Tina & Sheri particularly.

I'm below 200, 197!
    Michelle
    offsite '86, ASMo '01, POR '02, CBR '05, POR '08, POR '10, BCV '10, Pop '11, BC '14, DL offsite '15, POR '16, FQ '17, POR '18, SSR '19, POR/BWI '19, BLT/BWV '20

Quote Originally Posted by daisyd0 View Post
    Thats an awesome countdown! Have a great time.
    Thank you!
    1982 Off-site, BC 9/01, ASMo 1/04, ASMu 8-9/08, POFQ 4/09, BC/POR 7/10, AKL and Wyndham Grand Resort at Bonnet Creek 7&8/12, CS 11/12, Disney Dream 3/13, POR and BW 12/13-1/14, Pop Century 7/14, Fort Wilderness 8/15, POR/AoA (MNSSHP and Food and Wine Festival 10/15), Fort Wilderness 7/16, Off-site 12/16, Off-site 12/17, Off-site 12/18 and Disney Magic, 7/19 Off-site DL/DCA

Welcome back and have a magical time! Are you the local mom that got fed up with fp+ and $ increases and took a break from Disney? If so, I have wondered about you. Don't mean for that to sound creepy but I do wonder about posters we haven't heard from in awhile, especially those that wrote trip reports, Tina & Sheri particularly.

I'm below 200, 197!
    No, that's not me. I just have been doing a day here and there at the parks so I haven't been writing a trip report lately...

No, that's not me. I just have been doing a day here and there at the parks so I haven't been writing a trip report lately...
    I haven't written one for our last 2 trips either, which is sad because I love reading others. Have a magical time!
    Michelle

I haven't written one for our last 2 trips either, which is sad because I love reading others. Have a magical time!
    Thank you!

20 😀

49 to go for our first ever DW trip! (We've been to DL a lot)

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    49 to go for our first ever DW trip! (We've been to DL a lot)
    Oh, you're in for such a treat! It'll be like DL, but x100. Such an immense scale difference between them. You'll still feel it but it has a different atmosphere. Don't let the crowds hinder your enjoyment of all the little things. And the food choices...

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    Oh, you're in for such a treat! It'll be like DL, but x100. Such an immense scale difference between them. You'll still feel it but it has a different atmosphere. Don't let the crowds hinder your enjoyment of all the little things. And the food choices...
    We're excited! A little overwhelmed with the planning however. We purchased the dining plan too which I've read a lot of people don't think is a good value, so we are trying to carefully plan our meals as well and FP+'s. One concern is how long it takes to travel between resorts and the hotels too. I've read horror stories about the bus system.
    There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    We're excited! A little overwhelmed with the planning however. We purchased the dining plan too which I've read a lot of people don't think is a good value, so we are trying to carefully plan our meals as well and FP+'s. One concern is how long it takes to travel between resorts and the hotels too. I've read horror stories about the bus system.
    There are 2 camps on the transportation thing. Depending on the size of your group and your evaluation of the convenience factor, renting a car/van is an option. Some people do it all the time, others say they don't want to even think about driving while on vacation.

If you have a large enough group that you can't all fit in one car, it might not be ideal. When I went with my sister's family and my mom (6 of us, 4 adults + 2 kids) a few years back, even though we couldn't have done the self-transport to and from the airport (not enough room for all luggage and all people simultaneously), I rented a mini-van for the week, and they took the Magical Express to/from the resort. We used the mini-van almost exclusively, aside from heading to MK (we were at the Poly), and one trip where we took the monorail to EPC (that one I actually debated during the trek over to the TTC that we probably should have driven). In case you can't tell, I'm in the "get a car" camp.

The signage around WDW is decent enough you really don't need to be extremely familiar with it all to find your way from place to place (it is slightly more hectic now with some of the construction, but you can still find your way by keeping an eye out for the signs). My only comment would be specifically NOT to try to rely on a GPS, as some areas have changed (or are in the process of changing) quite a bit over the last few years.

If you don't want to drive at all, then you are right to go with WDW provided transportation.

If you think of specific questions for times from any point to any other over the next 49 days, I am sure many of us will be willing to try to help.
    -Dave

The buses are, in most cases, just fine. Some resorts are less convenient. AKL, etc are so far away that buses are a pain. Same for Saratoga. In most cases you will be just fine. They have added digital displays at the bus stops that tell the expected arrival times for the next bus.

Okay, boys and girls, it's getting real. We bought airline tickets for April 5-12! So, 79!

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    Okay, boys and girls, it's getting real. We bought airline tickets for April 5-12! So, 79!
    Awesome!

And now, 78.