Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: The parrot is back, the 3rd pirate is back but the second one is missing

The parrot is back, the 3rd pirate is back but the second one is missing

Rainy morning but the sun came out in the afternoon. Not too crowded. We were able to get an 8am FP for Guardians, followed by 8:30 for Raideator Springs and we did Screamin twice (no wait) between the two. The FP's for most of the rides were pretty close to the time we made the reservation except the Haunted Mansion. Otherwise it was a nice day and we left around 1pm.

The Parrot returned from vacation as well as the 3rd singing pirate but the second one has been replaced by 2 barrels.

With Screamin going down for a few months starting January we had talked about going one day and only riding that ride, over and over. I started thinking that maybe I can get 100 consecutive rides that final weekend. I might get sick of it after 4 or 5 though. We will see.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by binki View Post
    With Screamin going down for a few months starting January we had talked about going one day and only riding that ride, over and over. I started thinking that maybe I can get 100 consecutive rides that final weekend. I might get sick of it after 4 or 5 though. We will see.
    Sick of it or sick from it?

I know I'd be sick after the second trip.
    Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMartin View Post
    Sick of it or sick from it?

I know I'd be sick after the second trip.
    Maybe not the second, but I wouldn't make it to 100 either!

The worst I think I've ever done (where I started to feel the combined effect) was Manta at SeaWorld Orlando. I went 3 times in a row and felt it a bit after the third time and figured I should not press my luck. I might have done the same for Mako when it opened, but no loops there to make it worse.

Only other one I think I've done a bunch of times in a row (maybe 3-4 on several occasions) was Expedition Everest with no bad effects.

As for binki's quest of 100 rides, I'm guessing that would be a challenge in the final days. You can only get so many FP tickets, and I'm guessing demand will rise in the final days like ToT did before they transitioned it to Mission Breakout. I doubt "walk-on" will be the case for the last days.
    -Dave

Wow, 3-4 trips on EE? I'm dizzy for an hour or two after one trip on EE!

Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMartin View Post
    Wow, 3-4 trips on EE? I'm dizzy for an hour or two after one trip on EE!
    Yeah, the main "different" effect on EE doesn't seem to bother my system at all. Loops add up for me, I think (and maybe the hanging below the rail for my Manta Example). I don't think I would try multiple Rockin' Roller Coaster trips (though the single rider there is much slower than EE when they have single rider open, so "consecutive" trips on RRC would probably be spaced out by at least 1/2 hour most times, I guess, whereas I can easily do 4 trips on EE probably within an hour when single rider is open).

Back to the Screamin' topic, I am pretty sure the loops, even though only one per ride, might get to me after a while.

binki, sorry to invade your trip report as I notice what section this post was in.
    -Dave

That is ok, I kind if combined things. BTW, I stopped by Friday night to get some things in Downtown Disney and it was a flipping zoo.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by binki View Post
    That is ok, I kind if combined things. BTW, I stopped by Friday night to get some things in Downtown Disney and it was a flipping zoo.
    Yep, it was. Race weekend plus lots of people with the day off for Veteran's Day.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...