Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pixar Pier to Bring New Incredicoaster and More to Disney California Adventure Park

Quote Originally Posted by BlkPearlCptn View Post
    I am wondering if they took out the loop track to redress the loop background. But it will be interesting to see what the final ride will be.
    It could be this and/or to just replace the loop track as well so its new when the ride comes back. Yet it was in the concept art and I don't see them removing that part of it. I don't like the ride myself but will be interesting to see what goes on there.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

2. # ADS

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i have read elsewhere that the loop always has structural issues over time and they need to do a lot of work on it each time its in refurb. This is the first time I have seen it completely off - but maybe its to buttress the entire loop for better safety. They have also removed the maglev pads for repair/replacement.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

While I sure appreciate seeing the photos as the transformation begins... I'm not going to lie, they also made me very sad. The photo with just the word "Pier" on it broke my heart a little.

Faith Trust and Pixie Dust!
    Disneyland '85, '90, '00 and DLR '05, '10, '13, '14 and 2017

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonH View Post
    In today's update, it says that the California Screamin' loop has been removed during the transformation process to the Incredicoaster. Has there been word on if there will be a loop in the Incredicoaster? I generally hate going upside down on rides. California Screamin' was the most tolerable loop I've been on, so I'm okay either way, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    I think it has currently been physically removed from the ride, and I was assuming it was to work on that section of the track elsewhere. I suppose they could theoretically redo the ride so that the loop was permanently removed, but I interpreted that photo and comment as simply a snapshot of the current state of the ride. Just like the gondolas will have to be restored to Mickey's Fun wheel in order to carry guests - but have currently been removed so they can be repainted.
    It seems obvious they may be adding the loop to the Fun Wheel. Sorry, couldn't resist(someone had to say it)!
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    i have read elsewhere that the loop always has structural issues over time and they need to do a lot of work on it each time its in refurb. This is the first time I have seen it completely off - but maybe its to buttress the entire loop for better safety. They have also removed the maglev pads for repair/replacement.
    I read this as well. The loop always has issues, and is likely off to address them.
    They maglev pads (ie the launch, think giant magnets) get very dirty and I read they are off to clean them or replace as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    It seems obvious they may be adding the loop to the Fun Wheel. Sorry, couldn't resist(someone had to say it)!
    Thank you!
    Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonH View Post
    In today's update, it says that the California Screamin' loop has been removed during the transformation process to the Incredicoaster.
    I didn't mean to imply the loop was permanently removed. They have always removed the loop during major refurbishments, and also when working the lettering above the loop.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Disney California Adventure makes sense to me more in it's new incarnations.

Buena Vista Street is fantastic. Feels like Old LA.

Grizzly Peak area definitely feels like the National Parks in CA (Soarin' over the World is kind of weird then yes....but it ends in California and theming it is every Disney Movie(Ratatouille, Up, Lion King, Finding Nemo, Aladdin (Taj Mahal is Indian but kids will think it is Aladdin and it has Jasmine scent....I know....stretching it but just sayin) /Theme Park attraction (Matterhorn and Sleeping Beauty Castle) which were all made in CALIFORNIA.....I know that's a push but I think that is the concept, or that fact that Disney won most of his Oscars for nature films? No? no. No?)

Granted Hollywood Land needs some work on re-theming to look more old Hollywood but it really has just become what I feel is an continuation of Buena Vista St. The "Castle" of DCA is Carthay which was in LA but also represents Hollywood as it was a premiere movie palace (sadly gone) that premiered Snow White. I think the Hyperion Theatre will remain the weenie of Hollywood Blvd ( That is my prediction....would love Hyperion to be moved to the North so it is more viewable and the street to look more like a continuation of Buena Vista with new front for Animation Bldg and Disney Dance Party to make it more old fashioned) One could argue that if they put Marvel in the back lot area of Hollywood....they are big Hollywood movies. They may also put it behind Guardians of the Galaxy and Cars Land too but I think that Hollywood Blvd. is a fine jump into those movies....pushing it? Yes. But I vote for keeping that street Hollywood Blvd rather than Avenger Avenue....just my two cents on that.

Cars Land- The end of Route 66, The Mother Lode...it represents both America and CA as in the day everyone knew that Santa Monica was the end of the destination and arguably Cars are king in California.

Bugs Land? Texas or California....it is bugs. Neither here nor there on the theming of California per se. And I agree with loads of folks that it is the Fantasyland of DCA. I go to the parks A LOT with my pals and their kids and I am here a lot. Some of the best theming in any Disney parks. I love the shrinking feeling. I like being in the land more than riding the rides and enjoy watching the kids on them and waving as much as riding with them. Keep it I say....but if they replace it....all good too.

Wine Country Trattoria is definitely the California Wine Industry nod and last I heard that second to Films as the states number one industry Wine is the second biggest.

Except for Bugs Land these all seem to be clearly California concepts.

As for Paradise Pier vs Pixar Pier they both seem to still look like a Beach Boardwalk Park popular very much in California in the Day. The Incredicoaster's Googie architecture was prevalent especially in L.A. so that looks right at home with CA theming. I think that Mickey facing out of the Fun Wheel is a nod to "it all started with a mouse"....even Pixar. World of Color was a show that Disney produced and that is California indeed. No idea what is in store for Ariel's Grotto. It is going to look the same for all intents and purpose.

You add in Mariachi Divas as a Grammy Winning Group, Mulan's Lunar New Year as the nod to the biggest Asian population in America and Viva Navidad! as a huge nod to the Latin Culture of California( I think Coco will also have a huge Dia de los Muertos celebration for years to come), and the Food & Wine festival as a nod to the 2nd biggest industry of California; Wine. Boudin and Ghirardelli are probably the two most known San Francisco based food companies in America (Glad that the Rice A Roni Pavillion never went through) The Gates to DCA were based on the Pan Pacific Auditorium near the Fairfax District of LA....The Grand Californian Hotel (clearly visible from Grizzly Peak) is all Californian Craftsman and most or all artisans that created artwork were from California.

Well, to my calcuations that makes the park about 83% California themed. ( I just made that number up....I cover entertainment....not statistic)

But hey....I am mad.....

This is going to be very hard for me, because I love to visit Flik at A Bugs Land. As soon as I go to Disneyland next month, maybe I should find him and say goodbye before it closes. Maybe he might meet'n'greet at Pixar Pier or Hollywoodland. It's a possibility, but I'm not sure it'll happen.

Today's announcement is sooo predictable, and yet profoundly disappointing in a way. I guess I always thought they would re-purpose the lot/empty space behind GOTG/Cars/Paradise Pier. I always thought that the phrase "anchored by GOTG" indicated it was like a "gateway" to the new land, so it was its own distinct space with its own distinct feel (and, full disclosure... "distinct" is my polite word to describe the esthetic of that tower). Kind of like SW:Galaxy's Edge... it really *doesn't* fit in Disneyland, but because of the nature of its build-out footprint, it can be more or less concealed and camouflaged. It's filling in a void beyond the berm, even though it had to displace Big Thunder Ranch etc to do it. I thought that the inevitable establishment of a strong Marvel presence would take place in the empty space behind DCA.

But no. Instead, they will create MORE destruction/construction chaos in the heart of the DCA park for the forseeable future... and in the process remove a unique and much-needed family-space. Yes, Bug's Land is almost antique, and yes, it only ever had one movie. So what? It was a gem. But I guess they need to rip out Flik's Flyers to re-theme it for the Inside Out ride they need over in Pixar Land. It's too bad they have such little space left to develop in order to keep things new and fresh (which is inevitable, and I get that).

Faith Trust and Pixie Dust!
    Disneyland '85, '90, '00 and DLR '05, '10, '13, '14 and 2017

SPOILERS __________

Regarding the Carousel it is being rethemed to Jessie's Critters. The various critters from woodys roundup that she was supposed to rescue (many of which are the prizes in the midway mania game) are what people will ride on.

A couple other mentions, "Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats" (Monsters INC) will take over the ice cream stand. Featuring "Don't worry its lemon" soft serve.
    Senor Buzz, will sell churros
    Poultry Palace will sell Turkey Legs
    Angry Dogs will sell hot hot dogs

Treasures in Paradise will become "Knick Knacks"

Coaster gets its own costume, the rest of the land has only one costume, which totally reminds me of the OLD Disneyland Tram blue and yellow from back in the day LOL.

Just keep trying, trying, trying.....
    I did it! Woo Hoo Star Wars 10k completed
    Disneyland Half Weekend 10k "I made it~ woo hoo!"
    Yippee! Another Star Wars 10K Finished with style and a pr ::happy dance::

Blog Entries

I think most coming here already know the above, but to prevent spoilers for people who really don't want to know til they see it, you really should put it in a spoiler tag.

Like this.
    To do this, use {spoiler} your text {/spoiler} but replace the { with [
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Thanks for the tip, next time i will use the tag.

Just keep trying, trying, trying.....
    I did it! Woo Hoo Star Wars 10k completed
    Disneyland Half Weekend 10k "I made it~ woo hoo!"
    Yippee! Another Star Wars 10K Finished with style and a pr ::happy dance::