Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Fort Wilderness Cabin

Fort Wilderness Cabin

My family of 5 is staying at the Fort Wilderness cabins in January 2018 for a 1 week trip. I have never stayed in the cabins or even set foot on the campgrounds.

Is their a specific cabin I should request for easy access to food court or bus stops or even the boat ride to MK.

I would love any insider information.

I would also like thoughts on how comfortable the pull out couch is and the size of the bunk beds. My husband and I are going with our adult children and my SIL is 6'5 and my son is 6'1.

My daughter lives in Florida so she is driving to join us and can bring an air mattress if we need it.

TIA

2. # ADS

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If Im not mistaken, regardless of the cabin, you will have to take an internal bus to get to the "settlement" area where they have the restaurant, boat dock and the like.
    (Someone please correct me if Im wrong... I will gladly stand corrected.)

The bunk beds are typical twin sized bunks. And if the pull out couch is anything like the others on property, its a queen sized bed and is moderately comfortable. (Kinda depends on what you are used to.)

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Note that the bunk beds are in the same room as the queen bed and there is only one bathroom. The bunk beds may be a tight fit for those over six feet tall.

You can find video tours of the cabins on YouTube. Here's one from AllEars.

Thanks. I appreciate the help. I will have my Florida living daughter bring her air mattress.