Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disney App Lagging on Saturday

Disney App Lagging on Saturday

We found the app lagging on Saturday for fastpass redemption. We had to use our tickets twice because the app was not updating. It also was not showing correct line wait times most of the day. Hopefully it was just a one day problem.

2. # ADS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by binki View Post
    We found the app lagging on Saturday for fastpass redemption. We had to use our tickets twice because the app was not updating. It also was not showing correct line wait times most of the day. Hopefully it was just a one day problem.
    Interesting, we had no problem with it on Sat. We had several families together and it was great!
    Planning 3 trips at once...

I too did not have any problems with the app on this last Saturday.

App Issues

I noticed its not updating at all on the times the last few days for me. I have done all but uninstalled and reinstalled. I noticed it when my son texted me from the parks to ask what the wait time was for Screamin' Friday evening. His friend had it on his phone and it wouldn't even load. He tried to do an uninstall/reinstall and still wouldn't work. For some reason the app won't work at all on my son's phone. Mine has been stuck at what I saw for wait times for Friday and I had to tell him I wasn't sure if that was correct or not. I had by chance glanced at Toy Story and the FP times which is more so how I know its not working since it just shows the same wait time and FP time since that day. So figured I'd ask if others noticed an issue. I was looking at the times a few days before and it was acting odd at that point as well.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

The app froze on me over the last weekend, so I uninstalled and reloaded it. That seemed to fix the problem. Mr. Tea hasn't had any of the same issues. Weird.

I did an uninstall/reinstall and it seems ok now but it did take a long time to even show times again. Of course I have no idea if they are correct times since I'm not there but will see when we find a time to go there this week.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

After a second time of problems I uninstalled and reinstalled and the problems went away

I noticed that the app updated recently. Hoping that took care of these bugs. We'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    I noticed that the app updated recently. Hoping that took care of these bugs. We'll see...
    Thanks for pointing out there was an update. I don't let my apps install automatically and the last I checked there wasn't. I do hope this helps fix any bugs popping up recently.

I noticed the update also. What they need to work on is wait times. Often times I see something 5 or 15 mins and it is really a half hour or 45 mins because they have not done the update on the app. But then again, that could have been what the update was about. Last week we heard a few people complaining about the same thing for Pirates that advertised 15 min wait but it was much longer than that.

Blog Entries
    I noticed the update also. What they need to work on is wait times. Often times I see something 5 or 15 mins and it is really a half hour or 45 mins because they have not done the update on the app. But then again, that could have been what the update was about. Last week we heard a few people complaining about the same thing for Pirates that advertised 15 min wait but it was much longer than that.
    You do realize when they post a wait time, and everyone sees "!5 mins", those people head over to the ride. The ride time may not get updated again for 10 mins (when they hand off the "red card" to a guest at the end of the line and that person reaches the load area...) It isn't a case of knowing immediately what the current wait time is this very second.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    You do realize when they post a wait time, and everyone sees "!5 mins", those people head over to the ride. The ride time may not get updated again for 10 mins (when they hand off the "red card" to a guest at the end of the line and that person reaches the load area...) It isn't a case of knowing immediately what the current wait time is this very second.
    So true. I haven't found them to be to wrong ever myself when we have gone to rides because of the wait time. Yet this can majorly impact things for sure. Really if it was to happen here and there its not that big a deal. Better to use their app then a certain other depending on guests and hoping that is correct IMO.

Yeah, the wait time calculation is caveman. Even parking garages can monitor cars in and out and give the number of spaces available. Those hang tags are behind the times. Pun Intended.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, the wait time calculation is caveman. Even parking garages can monitor cars in and out and give the number of spaces available.
    Actually, the parking garage monitors aren't always reliable. I've driven onto a floor that supposedly had 50 spaces available - and not a single one to be found. I've also driven into an empty space and even after I've parked, the green light stays green instead of going red to indicate no space is available.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Actually, the parking garage monitors aren't always reliable. I've driven onto a floor that supposedly had 50 spaces available - and not a single one to be found. I've also driven into an empty space and even after I've parked, the green light stays green instead of going red to indicate no space is available.
    Was going to say the same thing. The one parking garage near us that has it is always off. Its never correct at all. Yet with Disney wait times, its never going to be 100% accurate to what some thing it should. Its impossible since things can change in a heartbeat. Then to expect the app to update right then is a bit much as well since that can vary be each person's service and phone on how fast it updates. There is way to many factors involved in this to say it should be full proof...as well as nothing will ever be that way.

I expect the app to be a bit off, but the wait times were really, really wrong this weekend. I get getting 165 minute wait times for Screaming, and it was less than half of that. Really weird.

2015: Star Wars 10k + Avengers 10k
    2016: Star Wars 10k, Paris Half and 5k, Avengers Half
    2017: Star Wars Light Side Half, Star Wars Dark Side Half, Paris Half and 10k, Avengers 10k
    MouseAdventure Addict- Usually "Beware the Groove"

Quote Originally Posted by Nikara View Post
    I expect the app to be a bit off, but the wait times were really, really wrong this weekend. I get getting 165 minute wait times for Screaming, and it was less than half of that. Really weird.
    Could be issues with things with so many in the parks using it too that was showing it that way. Its one of those things that no matter what it will never be perfect. Technology acts up in weird ways. It seems more so at times when many are using the same service like that. Then like I said toss in your own service you may use (and everyone else) and it probably doesn't up date the same for us all at the same times. Would be interesting to see about that when its super busy and acting like that and if that is one of the issues. The app was acting up not long ago for many of us too. I can't imagine how many bugs are in that app still to be fixed and will pop up over time. We are suppose to go tomorrow when son is out of school. Will have to keep an eye on things and see if any problems pop up.

Well, they have turnstyles, Lots of them. Entrance and exit and Viola! Better count. If they want to be more creative use a laser. Tummy tuck and counting all at the same time!

Blog Entries
    Well, they have turnstyles, Lots of them. Entrance and exit and Viola! Better count. If they want to be more creative use a laser. Tummy tuck and counting all at the same time!
    Many of the turnstiles have been removed, both at the entrance to loading and at exit. How does counting help the app?

Well we were there Wed and the app worked fine for us. Times were what it said they were for each ride we went to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikara View Post
    Are you sure your app is refreshing? I've found that unless I hard-close the app, it doesn't refresh the wait times when I reopen it. Just a thought. Might be a different issue for you, but I was real annoyed at the inaccuracies until I figured out that issue, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Many of the turnstiles have been removed, both at the entrance to loading and at exit. How does counting help the app?
    Turnstyle @ the entrance - counting folks coming in, turnstyles @ the exit - counting folks done with the ride

in-out = people in the queue/ride cycle time = wait time for the ride (not exact, but should be close)

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    Are you sure your app is refreshing? I've found that unless I hard-close the app, it doesn't refresh the wait times when I reopen it. Just a thought. Might be a different issue for you, but I was real annoyed at the inaccuracies until I figured out that issue, haha.
    This is something that I bet many don't thing about too. I know I noticed it after a short time using it that I needed to close it it and make sure it was refreshed or it doesn't update the times usually. I am one that doesn't leave my data/wifi on either so it just has become 2nd nature to me when there or any place to turn my data back off when I use it and clearing the apps I had open. If one isn't used to doing it they might not think to do so.

If I switch to airplane mode and back it helps update.

Blog Entries

I guess I have been very fortunate, no problems at all. Don't even close the app during the weekends. I'm on an iPhone 6s with the latest updates.