Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: How is everyone coping with the triple digits in October?

How is everyone coping with the triple digits in October?

Wondering if the park is thinning out or just enduring with the 100+ temps the weather station said occurred yesterday in Anaheim (104?).

2. # ADS

We had a trip planned for last Saturday through Tuesday, and postponed it until this weekend as soon as the forecast got to 100+. Bet it's been pretty miserable.

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Due to the projected heat wave we cancelled our annual Oct. trip to DLR. We were there last year at the end of Sept. and it hit 100 degrees. With the humidity it was too much for us. We always said "well we could always go to a movie if it gets too hot/rains" and sure enough, that trip we went to 2 movies and enjoyed hanging out at the Grand Too pricey to repeat that vacation.

We have been 4 times in the last few weeks and more even before that. The mornings are cool but it heats up really quick. We will be there on Saturday and don't hold any hope out. The weather report has been for cooler but it has not cooled down as much as was predicted.

On days like we have been having we try for Splash Mountain and use natures AC to cool down. We look for a bunch of heavyweights to ride with if it will be really hot. (See my posts on getting wet on SM!)

I stayed in AZ where we were actually cooler for once

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Rain this morning. Sunday also looks like rain all day

Rained last night for a couple hours too. We got pretty soaked around 9 waiting in line for Big Thunder and riding it too.

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

We flew in to 103 degree weather on Tuesday and that night's low was 88! We spent a couple of hours in DCA since DL was closed due to a Halloween party, and only were able to do a few things (Soarin' with a FP, Ariel's, and RSR via Single Rider). WED-FRI, I was there around rope drop and had about a 10min wait for security and no waits at the turnstiles for either park. Crowds dispersed within the parks and didn't build for a few hours; however, FRI was much busier all day long due to the Nevada Day holiday and the Halloween Party that evening.

There were tons of children in the parks during the week; the heat didn't slow down the crowds much at all; I fortunately know how to avoid the bottlenecks and avoid the long lines wherever possible.

I found Guardians & Racers to run out of FPs the quickest at DCA and HMH & Pirates were very popular at DL; Space was somewhat popular, but definitely not as popular as classic Space or HyperSpace is, so FPs didn't run out as fast.

I find it funny that I cancelled a 2-night trip in late August because it was going to be in the mid-to-high 90s, and this was much worse!

Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021