Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: runDisney places Disneyland Resort events on hiatus starting in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by RunningFool View Post
    Yup. The only issue is if the card originally used has been canceled. Active will only refund to the original card used. Welcome to a very expensive challenge.
    So true. Those will be the ones needing to make the call to make sure they get it back. Hopefully it won't be to much of an issue though for those in that situation or they contact them to tell them there was a problem with getting it to them and to get in touch with them.

Quote Originally Posted by LdyApxr View Post
    I noticed that too. I have been checking each morning and this morning there was a "problem accessing the page" and it would not load so I thought this was what was going on. Bummer because 2017 was our first runDisney at Light Side and I injured myself getting off the plane so hobbled the 5k, got swept in the 10k and missed the Half altogether and my teenager got swept in the Half so we were looking for redemption this coming year. Guess that's not gonna happen.
    I remember you talking about that. I am sorry you won't get your redemption next year. Hopefully one day though.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    So true. Those will be the ones needing to make the call to make sure they get it back. Hopefully it won't be to much of an issue though for those in that situation or they contact them to tell them there was a problem with getting it to them and to get in touch with them.

I remember you talking about that. I am sorry you won't get your redemption next year. Hopefully one day though.
    One day! LOL It's probably best anyway, I fractured my foot last Sunday so it's not like I can train anyway. This has just not been my year. LOL My husband has taken to calling me Schleprock(from the old Flintstones) because nothing is working out right for me.

Darlene aka MotoGP Goddess

One day! LOL It's probably best anyway, I fractured my foot last Sunday so it's not like I can train anyway. This has just not been my year. LOL My husband has taken to calling me Schleprock(from the old Flintstones) because nothing is working out right for me.
    LOL Wowsie Wowsie Woo Woo...well here is to next year being better and hope your foot heals up quickly.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

LOL Wowsie Wowsie Woo Woo...well here is to next year being better and hope your foot heals up quickly.
    Thanks! It also put the Kibosh on the MNSSHP that we has planned for Halloween night. I've done DLand in a wheelchair twice(due to fracturing this ankle the day before and the day previous trips) and it is just not something I want to do again. Besides, this cast does not go with my costumes. LOL I'm sure the runDisney Run FB group is exploding today but I left FB in September so I am not willing to step into that firestorm just for this. LOL

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I noticed that too. I have been checking each morning and this morning there was a "problem accessing the page" and it would not load so I thought this was what was going on. Bummer because 2017 was our first runDisney at Light Side and I injured myself getting off the plane so hobbled the 5k, got swept in the 10k and missed the Half altogether and my teenager got swept in the Half so we were looking for redemption this coming year. Guess that's not gonna happen.
    Oh gees. I'm so sorry to hear about your 2017 experience. Very frustrating indeed. Hopefully the race comes back and you have a chance for that redemption!
    RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

Thanks! It also put the Kibosh on the MNSSHP that we has planned for Halloween night. I've done DLand in a wheelchair twice(due to fracturing this ankle the day before and the day previous trips) and it is just not something I want to do again. Besides, this cast does not go with my costumes. LOL I'm sure the runDisney Run FB group is exploding today but I left FB in September so I am not willing to step into that firestorm just for this. LOL
    Well that is a shame. I don't blame you though. I can imagine its not very fun to do that in a cast and wheelchair. LOL at the cast clashing with the costumes. I'm not a social media user but glanced at the runDisney page itself since I don't have to sign up to see it. I shouldn't be really but am amazed at the way some behave over it all. Its the same attitude I saw coming from some in another place as well. Disappointing to have happen? Yes. Enough to bitter and angry over like some have? No. If its like that one those and with people still tossing in the rumors on why, that should be put to rest, it probably is something seeping over to many areas I would bet. This is the most mellow group here from what I have seen but that is just in general all around...thankfully.

Thankfully! LOL Acting like a spoiled child and throwing a tantrum is not going to change anything. I got my money back and not in the form of a gift card(like the rumor was). It's already showing on my cc app. LOL

Thankfully! LOL Acting like a spoiled child and throwing a tantrum is not going to change anything. I got my money back and not in the form of a gift card(like the rumor was). It's already showing on my cc app. LOL
    Agree there. LOL Glad you got it showing up already for the refund and that the refund in form of a a gift card was a rumor.

Blog Entries
    Agree there. LOL Glad you got it showing up already for the refund and that the refund in form of a a gift card was a rumor.
    I was half hoping they would just apply it to 2018 Wine & Dine registration.
    RunningFool

I'm actually a bit surprised they didn't give the option for one of the WDW runs or a full refund. Guess they just wanted to get it done as one thing so it was easier to handle then having the options like that. Or just may have figured no one would have wanted the option.

Blog Entries
    I'm actually a bit surprised they didn't give the option for one of the WDW runs or a full refund. Guess they just wanted to get it done as one thing so it was easier to handle then having the options like that. Or just may have figured no one would have wanted the option.
    Less paperwork for Active to process by just refunding.
    RunningFool

I have thought SO hard about doing the Wine & Dine next year but being from NorCal, there is really no way to train for the humidity of FL and I don't handle jetlag well so I would need to fly in at least 4 days prior just to acclimate my sleeping pattern. Oh and then there is the whole training during the summer in CA and that's just not an appealing idea. But then again, I've never been to WDW sooooo...... LOL Bad RunningFool to encourage!!

Blog Entries
    I have thought SO hard about doing the Wine & Dine next year but being from NorCal, there is really no way to train for the humidity of FL and I don't handle jetlag well so I would need to fly in at least 4 days prior just to acclimate my sleeping pattern. Oh and then there is the whole training during the summer in CA and that's just not an appealing idea. But then again, I've never been to WDW sooooo...... LOL Bad RunningFool to encourage!!
    I'm a West Coaster myself and yeah, it's rough between the 3-hour time change and weather but soooooo worth it.
    RunningFool

Blog Entries

Well, emails are being posted confirming that the Coast-to-Coast Challenge has been suspended after 2017 with no option to count a 2017 race towards 2018. Soooooo, if you want that blue 10th anniversary C2C medal, your last chances are coming up in the next two weeks (Wine & Dine and Super Heroes).

Without a C2C (blue or pink) or Kessel Challenge, how likely will you still sign up for a WDW race in 2018 (and beyond) to get your runDisney fix?

RunningFool

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wine and Dine is in my future but I can't say when.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

And the OC Marathon is taking advantage of the opportunity to troll runDisney for cancelling the Tink races. I received this email yesterday.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    And the OC Marathon is taking advantage of the opportunity to troll runDisney for cancelling the Tink races. I received this email yesterday.
    That is just so bad. SMH

As for doing WDW ones...well for us cost is the biggest factor in not doing them. Then toss in the weather and I am not sure I could handle it. As it is, days like this week, I avoid going inland if I can because of how bad it is.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    As for doing WDW ones...well for us cost is the biggest factor in not doing them. Then toss in the weather and I am not sure I could handle it. As it is, days like this week, I avoid going inland if I can because of how bad it is.
    The weather at WDW can be so unpredictable. I did the Princess races in February in 2015. For the 5K, the temp at starting time was about 35 degrees. Not kidding. The race was themed to "Frozen", which was funny until the temps decided to go along with the theme. It was slightly less cold for the 10K. For the half marathon, I think starting temps were something like 55 and then it was in the 80s by the time I finished. Crazy.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

The weather at WDW can be so unpredictable. I did the Princess races in February in 2015. For the 5K, the temp at starting time was about 35 degrees. Not kidding. The race was themed to "Frozen", which was funny until the temps decided to go along with the theme. It was slightly less cold for the 10K. For the half marathon, I think starting temps were something like 55 and then it was in the 80s by the time I finished. Crazy.
    Sort of like how it can be here. LOL I know there was a few around me in the corral at Star Wars this year that had done the WDW Marathon and they were talking about how cold it had been. It comes down to one of those things that I guess you just have to hope the one you sign up for isn't the worse it could be temp wise. LOL Its also a big reason we never did the DL Marathon weekend though too. Knowing the way it gets we skipped that one.

Blog Entries
    I remember that weekend. We went from huddling around giant heaters at the 5k to overheating at the half. Now if I just would have been the other way around!
    RunningFool

Does anyone have suggestions of other amazing Half Marathons around the country for next year then? I need to run 11 or 12 to reach my goal and Disney was going to be a big part of that. I'm willing to travel just about anywhere if there's a noteworthy race.

"If you can dream it, you can do it."
    "You can't run from trouble, there ain't no place that far."

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeygirlforever View Post
    Does anyone have suggestions of other amazing Half Marathons around the country for next year then? I need to run 11 or 12 to reach my goal and Disney was going to be a big part of that. I'm willing to travel just about anywhere if there's a noteworthy race.
    It might help people give you suggestions if you described what kinds of things you're looking for in a race - good view, flat terrain, hilly terrain, cool medal, nice spectator support, etc. "Amazing" is entirely subjective.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

based on the two renderings it appears to me there's no way to finish the runDisney races in the usual way had they stayed. Maybe this was the ongoing construction they were alluding too - as well as Marvel Land. If no Eastern Gateway, then no movement of monoral or expansion of Hollywoodland to the north. The only place they can go is south backstage and into BugsLand.
    https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...eyland-resort/

unless a new course may somehow go around the resort hotels and back into the parking lots on the north side. Otherwise - looks like non-DIsneyland for good.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeygirlforever View Post
    RnR SFO - hilly but running across the Golden Gate Bridge is memorable.

RnR Seattle - usually decent weather and the route around Lake Washington is very scenic.

RnR New Orleans - big potholes but the charm of the city and the residents is amazing.

Flying Pig (option to run the 1 Mile, 5k, 10k, and half as challenge) - 20th anniversary - way fun!

RnR San Diego - new course this year so hard to say but usually a really run race weekend.

RnR Las Vegas - any chance to run the strip at night is a wow.
    RunningFool

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    based on the two renderings it appears to me there's no way to finish the runDisney races in the usual way had they stayed. Maybe this was the ongoing construction they were alluding too - as well as Marvel Land. If no Eastern Gateway, then no movement of monoral or expansion of Hollywoodland to the north. The only place they can go is south backstage and into BugsLand.
    https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...eyland-resort/

unless a new course may somehow go around the resort hotels and back into the parking lots on the north side. Otherwise - looks like non-DIsneyland for good.
    I think it will end up being a wait and see how it all ends up looking in the end. Yet the rumored timeline said before on when it could come back was 2-3 yrs and this doesn't open until 2021. So it could either be longer then thought or the chance its gone for good. Which would be sad.