Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: runDisney places Disneyland Resort events on hiatus starting in 2018

I don't think the new hotel spells the end for runDisney races. They just need to find another place to end the races. Once all the construction plans are finalized they will be able to then start looking at where potential future races can end.

We will just have to wait and see.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnyrnr View Post
    I don't think the new hotel spells the end for runDisney races. They just need to find another place to end the races. Once all the construction plans are finalized they will be able to then start looking at where potential future races can end.

We will just have to wait and see.
    Agree it will be a wait and see situation. I do think it take longer then some have assumed it could be before we do know for sure but once that hotel and the parking structure is up over there it could help give an idea of how to do it. As well as what the plans will be for Marvel land location of things and how that could effect it too. It just could be many years out before we know the final decision made on it.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Now we know the West Coast races aren't on the calendar for 2019 either.

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To me - the earliest we'd see them would be 2021. However, after such a long hiatus I think they may just not have them anymore (unless somehow attendance and occupancy drops).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    To me - the earliest we'd see them would be 2021. However, after such a long hiatus I think they may just not have them anymore (unless somehow attendance and occupancy drops).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    This is what I was going to say as well. It wouldn't happen until that hotel is done being built. As well as the new parking structure. I do agree that it will be hard to say if they will come back or not here but I do hope so. I also do wonder how the crowds that will come in for the new land and hotel will effect the decision for this as well.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well I guess maybe 2020 would be the return of runDisney, if at all. And yes DCA backstage will also have construction traffic, not just Disneyland or DTD anymore. Maybe they'd wait until 2021 but with so much new stuff - do they even need races to get guests to come?
    https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ng-disneyland/

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

olegc, that is the thing. Its going to end up coming down to how hard is it going to be for someone to get a hotel for a night or weekend at those points. Sure lots of locals do it and drive from home but we get a room for the night before and stay there. Its a ton easier IMO but with everything to come not only can I see it harder to get a room in walking distance but there is the costs that will go up on them as well when you can find them. Toss in the crazy crowds of everything to come and it does make you wonder what is going to happen with these weekends in the future. Yet I figured we won't know anything for at least a couple years because like you said there is the construction to come in the future in DCA as well for Marvel stuff.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Since they announced the suspension of Disneyland races, I haven't expected them to come back until 2022. The new hotel doesn't open until 2021 - they're not going to do races while that's still under construction. They're going to want to make sure that's all open and running smoothly before they even open registration for races, and registration opens 6 to 10 months out from a race. So, 2022 at the earliest has been my assumption.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Since they announced the suspension of Disneyland races, I haven't expected them to come back until 2022. The new hotel doesn't open until 2021 - they're not going to do races while that's still under construction. They're going to want to make sure that's all open and running smoothly before they even open registration for races, and registration opens 6 to 10 months out from a race. So, 2022 at the earliest has been my assumption.
    Exactly...which I still am amused at those thinking this isn't the real reason why they were suspending the races here and are blaming the city. Yet with so much going on it made sense. I agree that it probably will be around that time frame if not a little longer so the dust settles on everything and they see how they can work them in.