Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Request your FREE personalized sign for the 2017 Super Heroes Half Marathon

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Request your FREE personalized sign for the 2017 Super Heroes Half Marathon

A couple of years ago I read an article Runner's World talking about the Boston Marathon, and the personalized signs the women of Wellesley College make for anyone who asks for one. I loved the idea, and decided to make a similar offer for the 2013 Disneyland Half Marathon. The signs were a huge hit, and we've made signs for the 2014, 2016 and 2017 events.

We've only offered the signs at the Disneyland half before now, because it was the only race where we had a place to display them all. When I saw the new course for the Super Heroes Half, I realized we could use the same location for our cheer station, which means we can do signs again!

As such, we are now accepting sign requests for the 2017 Super Heroes Half Marathon event. If you would like your very own personalized race sign, please reply to this thread with your name, hometown, favorite (clean) inspirational phrase, whatever.

We'll do our best to make something colorful and clever for you, and you can look forward to seeing your sign at the Team MousePlanet Cheer Station, between mile 6 and 7, on the right side of the road. It's a long grassy strip, with loads of room for signs.

As always, there's no charge - just tell us what you want your sign to say!
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

Tony Siff
    Oak Park, CA

"Run like it's your last runDisney race...
    cause it is for the next several years"

1st of all, i want to thank you all you have done for the runners!!!!!! this is for Brandi from San Diego At least you got your 20 races in, as always, Trader sam's is waiting!!! Entire family proud of you!!! Head for the RUM!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnyrnr View Post
    "Run like it's your last runDisney race...
    cause it is for the next several years"
    😂

For me:
    -Sarah
    -Huntington Beach
    -I'm running as Spider-Gwen, so any Spider-Gwen or Spider-Ham/Peter Porker jokes are welcome. Actually you should just do all runners a favor and make every sign a Spider-Ham joke. He's a spider that was bitten by a radioactive pig. He's real and he's amazing.
    Peter_Porker,_The_Spectacular_Spider-Ham_Vol_1_16.jpg
    🏠 Disneyland Resort ✔️Walt Disney World 2011 ✔️Hong Kong Disneyland 2015
    ✔️Shanghai Disneyland 2016 ✔️Disneyland Paris 2017! ⁉️Tokyo Disneyland 2020?

Sooo sweet of you to do this!!! Can I add myself to the list? My name is Kirsten, I live in Elk Grove, CA. I don't care at all what it says!

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi Gang - Im finally going to hit the Challenge one more time.
    Oleg
    Irvine, CA
    "Don't fret - its just a rest period. The music of running will continue on - FINISH STRONG!"

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm so glad we've had this time together... here's to twelve wonderful runDisney West Coast years of running!

RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

Thank you for putting this together. I’ve run past the signs at the DLH this and and last year and loved them!

I’d love a sign!

Name:Trent Ryan
    Hometown: Carlsbad, CA
    Phrase: Something to the effect of “Run like a PR will bring back West Coast runDisney events!”

Thanks again for putting this together!

Sam Paris from Chula Vista. Just say something about having a super run. It will be my 10th Disney run. Thank you!

Greg from Aliso Viejo, CA
    "It's the year of The Mel"

Suzette from Aliso Viejo, CA
    "New PR for you!"

Thank you so much!!

Sign for half

First of all I wanted to say you guys are awesome for doing this. It's great for the people that might not have that motivational support out there for them when they really need it. I know seeing your signs really gives me that extra push I need during the race. My brother and I will be out there again and we would love a sign to cheer us on.

Eric & Andy
    a.k.a
    Captain America & Star-lord
    Tucson, AZ
    "Roff Roff Roff"
    "Run that race"

Thank you guys again for being this awesome!!!

Hey! Thank you for doing this. I'm surprising my friends with this sign and hope they get to see it! One of my friends has had a particularly hard time training for this race and isn't feeling as confident going into it. I'm hoping he will see it and it will give him that added push to finish strong!

"Sara & Artie
    On a scale of 1-10, you're a 13.1!!"

They are from Reno, Nevada

Thank you again!!

Thank you so much. Always look for you guys on course. Anything on the sign is good.
    Melanie from Winnetka, CA

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Dana from North Hollywood, CA

"Legacy in Your Heart - Just Keep Swimming"

Hi! I'm new here and this is my first DL race, so thank you for doing this. I'm Rachel from Brookfield, CT and would love anything positive Thank you.

I would love if you made a sign for me and my running buddy Ken. We've been doing each of these races since 2013 together and will be heading to Paris next year, since there won't be any in California. So, something like, "Cancelling the races in California won't stop us running. Watch us fly by in Paris 2018. Crystal and Ken...running buddies no matter what!" Thanks SO much for your support!

Hi, I love that you are doing this! I'm Andrea from BC, Canada. This is my first race in DL but my 10th 1/2. This one is special though as I'm celebrating my 40th birthday this trip. Would love a sign that says, Dream it, wish it, do it. Thanks

Thank you!!

I'd love a sign for my husband - Ryan Sullivan from Walnut Creek. I don't have a phrase in mind but he goes by Sulli and we love monsters Inc. and university

I'd love to see a sign thanking Karen Chu of San Francisco for all her running costumes over the years!! We will all miss the Disneyland events so much and I know many will miss seeing what ingenious costume Karen would run in next!! She hasn't updated her site in awhile but I know she will be recognized! (http://www.myrunningcostumes.com/)

Awesome idea! Thanks for doing this. This will be my 18th and 19th runDisney races. Rather bummed I won't legacy Super Heroes next year.
    John
    San Bernardino, CA
    "Finish you will!
    Remember:
    Strength through Adversity"

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteFloyd View Post
    Awesome idea! Thanks for doing this. This will be my 18th and 19th runDisney races. Rather bummed I won't legacy Super Heroes next year.
    John
    San Bernardino, CA
    "Finish you will!
    Remember:
    Strength through Adversity"
    Fingers crossed the Dland races will come back and you'll get your Legacy status.
    RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

This is great. Always love the Mouseplanet stop.

Im from Houston and am running as Ms Marvel so would like my sign to say Ms. Marvel is HoustonStrong!
    Thanks!

Thank you so much for doing this! If it isn't too late could you have a sign for my family, it is my husband and my daughter's" first half marathon!

"Brekke, Relena, Steve, and Liz free bananas at the finish line!"

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Requests are closed - see you all tomorrow!

AVP

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.