Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Announcing the LA Hyperspace Marathon and Ultramarathon virtual race

Force is strong in this one

Announcing the LA Hyperspace Marathon and Ultramarathon virtual race

I know this is not necessarily the news we wanted, but with the Light Side slipping further and further away, I wanted to bring our community back together to share the things we enjoy. runDisneyRun is proud to introduce the LA Hyperspace Marathon and Ultra virtual race. This is perfect for anyone wanting to stay motivated through the Thanksgiving holiday season, and great for those of you who are still training for WDW marathon weekend.

From your own neighborhood or treadmill run/walk 26.2 miles through the streets of LA, passing by points such as the Chinese Theater where Star Wars debuted, the USC School of Cinematic Arts where George Lucas went to school, and various stars along the Hollywood walk of fame. If you finish the full 26.2 miles, you'll get moved to the Ultramarathon leaderboard. How many marathons can you do in a month?

You'll get a personalized bib, finisher placard, and a nice bottle opener/medal. Don't need the medal? Take the Cyber package instead. As you progress, you will trigger various Easter Eggs at certain locations and see some new surprises as well.

Proceeds to benefit Childrens Hospital of Orange County. With 2 hospitals, many community clinics, and mobile health vans, CHOC aims to provide healthcare for all children in Orange County.

You can register for the race here: https://racery.com/r/la-hyperspace-marathon-and-ultra/

And join the Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/events/535856746760730/

In the year leading up to my 40th birthday, I successfully ran 40 races ending with Ironman Lake Tahoe! Follow me on Facebook!

2. # ADS

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

I'm registered!

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    I'm registered!
    Thank you!!!!
    In the year leading up to my 40th birthday, I successfully ran 40 races ending with Ironman Lake Tahoe! Follow me on Facebook!

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm in as well.

RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

Quote Originally Posted by RunningFool View Post
    I'm in as well.
    Thanks you as well!

Bumping this. With the lead up to Avengers/Super Heroes as the last west coast race for as long as we can tell, join us to raise money for CHOC and motivate yourselves throughout the winter.