Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: mangonada - my new favorite treat

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

mangonada - my new favorite treat

I don't think we have a general treats thread, so I'm starting one for this. I'd read about the mangonada a little while ago, and having recently been turned on to the wonders of tajin, and having been a mango lover for some time, I really wanted to try this. Oh my goodness. So tasty. You get two scoops of mango sorbet (and while some sorbet doesn't taste enough like the fruit it's supposed to be made with, this was definitely very mango-y), and there are also cubes of mango, as well as chamoy sauce (which I didn't find to be spicy really but very tasty), tajin and lime juice. Some of the mango cubes were actually still a little frozen, so it was a bit difficult to bite through them, but they were still really good.

This isn't a regular item on the menu, so I don't know how long it's around for. I also don't know if they normally have mango sorbet but even without all the other ingredients, I'd still order just the mango sorbet because it's that good.

Oh, I forgot to say, this is at Clarabelle's, on Buena Vista Street next to Starbucks, at DCA.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    I don't think we have a general treats thread, so I'm starting one for this. I'd read about the mangonada a little while ago, and having recently been turned on to the wonders of tajin, and having been a mango lover for some time, I really wanted to try this. Oh my goodness. So tasty. You get two scoops of mango sorbet (and while some sorbet doesn't taste enough like the fruit it's supposed to be made with, this was definitely very mango-y), and there are also cubes of mango, as well as chamoy sauce (which I didn't find to be spicy really but very tasty), tajin and lime juice. Some of the mango cubes were actually still a little frozen, so it was a bit difficult to bite through them, but they were still really good.

This isn't a regular item on the menu, so I don't know how long it's around for. I also don't know if they normally have mango sorbet but even without all the other ingredients, I'd still order just the mango sorbet because it's that good.

Oh, I forgot to say, this is at Clarabelle's, on Buena Vista Street next to Starbucks, at DCA.
    I wish I would have found this on our trip. I kept buying the mango slices with the tajic seasoning and limes from the fruit carts, well that and the pineapple spear. I was just telling a coworker that the food at Disney this time seemed better than other trips. I feel like there was more of a choice from chicken strips and burgers than ever before.
    "It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." Alice, Alice in Wonderland