Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: French Market restaurant

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

French Market restaurant

It's apparently been quite some time since I've eaten there, because I noticed some changes when we had lunch there yesterday. First off, they've changed the seating rules, in that you have to have food before you can sit down at a table. They have a CM monitoring it and helping people find tables and also politely asking people to vacate tables if they don't already have food. There was a couple behind us who apparently had tried to save a table and were mad that they had to give it up, complaining that they were going to be walking around with their food and no table. Now, I'm usually one of the ones who is the table squatter at restaurants, but this system worked out pretty well at French Market. The line was pretty long - they've moved the line so that it doesn't just sit in the busy walkway in a narrow NOS path. The line hugs the wall of the perfumery building. You go through and get your food, and then you go outside and find your table. Even though it was crowded, we had no trouble finding a table, and I did notice that there were always tables open or being cleaned and didn't see anyone wandering around aimlessly with their food trying to find a table. The turnover seemed to work out pretty well.

There were also a number of new items on the menu from my last visit. I had the roasted chicken with mashed potatoes and vegetable. It reminded me of the fried chicken plate at Plaza Inn, but with the chicken roasted instead. It was really good, nice flavor, nicely cooked, and the green beans included cauliflower pieces too. I'd definitely eat there again.

I did also notice that the display case outside no longer had the menu posted, which was inconvenient. You have to get in line, not knowing what they actually serve at that restaurant. One of our friends pulled up the Disneyland app and the menu from there, but that might not work for someone who doesn't have a smart phone or doesn't have the app or doesn't have good enough reception.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

2. # ADS

That is nice to know. It helps having CMs do that on really busy days especially. Hopefully they will put the menu back up because as you said not all will have the phone to either use the app or find the menu online...or even think to do that or know to. Glad you enjoyed the meal.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

I hope they start the same system for tables at Tomorrowland Terrace and Hungry Bear. At Hungry Bear I actually had a family that was picnicking shove my tray of food off the table because they thought I was taking up too much space when they were cramped even though they didn't spend a dime on food there. Disney's response was "sorry for the inconvenience." I didn't buy food inside the parks for over year if I'm not going to be able to consume the food I pay for!

The last time we went to the French Market, there was a CM handing out menus to guests in the line so that everyone could get an idea of what was being served. Once people finished reading, they passed their menus back down the line to others. Don't know if this is the new norm or if they will re-post the menu on the sign outside. At least it worked for those who didn't have a smart phone or who didn't want to use up their battery. Agree that the roast chicken dinner was a nice option -- and it was generous enough to share (bonus!).

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

We got the menus passed to us last time we were there. No hand-held menus in sight this time.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries

Best French Dip sandwich ever!

"Your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis. Is this haunted room actually stretching?"