Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32

Thread: Unruly guests

  1. #1
    Registered User missm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Washington State

    Unruly guests

    My family and I saw a woman screaming at people and using the "f" word in various combinations at Disneyland Saturday. She was screaming at someone, who knows who to "come at me m'f'er" and saying she was going to "kick their" you know what's. She was completely out of control, the rest of her party was laughing, oh did I mention she had a kid in a stoller? What does Disney do about this? There were multiple cast members around but nobody did anything.

    "It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." Alice, Alice in Wonderland

  2. # ADS

    Join Date
    Location
    Posts
     

  3. #2
    Don't call me Grumpy! CMHusband's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA

    Can't do much. Call security and try to diffuse the situation. Sadly we have a new generation of self entitled scum with short fuses running around and sadly raising kids too.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

    Check out my Walt's Apartment tour on flickr here http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7625183415995/

  4. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Huntington Beach, Ca

    Wow...sorry that was going on. I know we haven't seen things that bad but have seen some guest behave in a bullying like manner towards other guests or very loudly say horrible things towards ones walking by....which that was a mix of people that were part of those vest wearing "clubs" when that happened and they all had kids in different ages with them. Luckily it doesn't seem to happen to often but all the rest of the guests can do is hope CMs called security and they come deal with it quick. I know we saw a couple CMs settle 2 really big guys down when we were waiting for the MSEP one night. I have no clue what set them off or they were yelling at but security never came and some how this lady CM was able to get them to move on their ways without more happening. There was threats of physical violence going on but she kept her cool during it all. So I guess depending on who and situations some may try to defuse things but with ones like the lady going off I can imagine its beyond defusing and security needs to be called in.

    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

    According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

  5. #4
    Registered User missm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Washington State

    I have never witnessed behavior like this before at Disneyland. I know that security never came and no CM's talked with her, we were walking the same direction for quite some time. We also saw many inappropriate outfits on this visit including a shirt with the "f" word on it. Tons of young girls wearing very little clothing as well, including some wearing bikini tops with shorts that looked like underwear. Clearly I am aging because I'm sure this has been the case other times I've visited but I've never really noticed before.

    "It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." Alice, Alice in Wonderland

  6. #5

    Usually CMs are aware of the person or situation (not sure about offensive clothing). But I've been told by some CMs that, in some situations, they need a guest to say something before they can do anything about it. Sometimes there isn't really anything they can do. Is the offensive person harming you or another person in any way? Or is this person just in your general vicinity? I'll report things if I think something can be done or something should be brought to a CMs attention. Usually the CMs are already aware of it.


  7. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Huntington Beach, Ca

    I haven't seen the tops worn like that but have seen some other things that shouldn't have been for sure worn in that place. A couple years ago when I was with my friend, she spoke up and told a CM when we were in line at Big Thunder Mtn that the girl in front of us had shorts where everything was hanging out of it. The CM was telling us she shouldn't have been allowed in like that and let her manager know. We saw her still going on her merry way after the ride like nothing so taking it no one really cared. Yet all we could think of was the poor people that might sit on a ride or seat after she had. I know another time there was a lady old enough to know better with her button down shirt undone and it tied in the front with nothing under. The best part of that was, the 2 teenage girls walking by talking about how inappropriate it was. Yet I do wonder at times where anyone is at when they let some in the parks dressed as they are. Its not even just this but the adults trying to dress in costumes still even though rules clearly state its a no no.

    tea4two, I agree that depending on what is going on it is best to sometimes say something yourself to the CMS around. They may not always see or hear it...even though we might think they did because of the distance of it going on. Yet there is also so much else going on that it could be missed. Which with this lady and her being around for so long I probably would have let a CM know what was up and point her out to them quickly. She is one of those that probably needed security to put her in her place on things or escort her out of there.

    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

    According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

  8. #7

    A guest having an outburst may be followed by plain clothes security until they either calm down or uniformed security can reach them. I don't expect merchandise or attraction CMs to confront a guest or risk a physical altercation. These small incidents tend to die out relatively quickly and most people aren't irreparably harmed by hearing some curse words or rude comments and will move on with their day.


  9. #8
    Are We There Yet....? TIMBO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    MANTECA,CA

    We were there this past weekend and we saw alot of drunk guests grabbing eachother which wasnt cool along with some guests' homemade shirt sayings were alittle offensive....

    Best Way To Contact Me: onelowsuv@comcast.net

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMBO View Post
    We were there this past weekend and we saw alot of drunk guests grabbing eachother which wasnt cool along with some guests' homemade shirt sayings were alittle offensive....
    It's ok, Disney makes a ton of money off of selling booze. The margins are incredible. So those of use who are there to enjoy the parks in a natural state just need to accept the ugliness. I can guarantee you that Iger is not going to do anything that might lower the amount of money they make off of selling liquor.

  11. #10
    .
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    stan4d_steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Blog Entries
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwchuck View Post
    It's ok, Disney makes a ton of money off of selling booze. The margins are incredible. So those of use who are there to enjoy the parks in a natural state just need to accept the ugliness. I can guarantee you that Iger is not going to do anything that might lower the amount of money they make off of selling liquor.
    You can't buy alcohol inside Disneyland unless you're inside Club 33.

  12. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Huntington Beach, Ca
    Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    You can't buy alcohol inside Disneyland unless you're inside Club 33.
    Right but there is plenty of it to be found in DCA and DTD. There are many that come back over into DL after drinks. I know I have smelled on a few inside DL but they weren't behaving in a bad manner. Just had the smell coming off them. I just hope they never offer it in DL when there is more than enough places that serve it in the area already if someone really needs to have it.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

    According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

  13. #12
    Registered User missm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Washington State

    I think I've already told this story in here but can't remember. My dad had a shirt on that didn't pass as family friendly back in the late 70's, he had to go change at the car. It was a shirt that had the dancing Zig Zag logo on it.

    I'll admit I was a little jealous of the girls wearing little more than a bathing suit on the days it hit 95.

    "It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." Alice, Alice in Wonderland

  14. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Right but there is plenty of it to be found in DCA and DTD. There are many that come back over into DL after drinks. I know I have smelled on a few inside DL but they weren't behaving in a bad manner. Just had the smell coming off them. I just hope they never offer it in DL when there is more than enough places that serve it in the area already if someone really needs to have it.
    Maybe they just had one drink and spilled some on their clothing. I try not to get close enough to people to smell them or take big whiffs of people in my vicinity. I find that a little unruly.

  15. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Huntington Beach, Ca
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJenny View Post
    Maybe they just had one drink and spilled some on their clothing. I try not to get close enough to people to smell them or take big whiffs of people in my vicinity. I find that a little unruly.
    When in lines its a bit hard to avoid the smells around you unfortunately. As well as when some walk by and its just a strong scent of anything off the person...including a perfume or cologne.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

    According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

  16. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    When in lines its a bit hard to avoid the smells around you unfortunately. As well as when some walk by and its just a strong scent of anything off the person...including a perfume or cologne.
    And regardless what any so called "moderators" say, Disney is making a ton of money off of selling booze in California, just like they are in Florida with all those folks drinking around the World.

  17. #16
    It was a good day! Malcon10t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Modesto/Waterford
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwchuck View Post
    And regardless what any so called "moderators" say, Disney is making a ton of money off of selling booze in California, just like they are in Florida with all those folks drinking around the World.
    I didn't see a moderator say they didn't make money, simply that alcohol is not sold in Disneyland (exception is Club 33.) It is sold in all hotels, DTD, and DCA.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

  18. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    I didn't see a moderator say they didn't make money, simply that alcohol is not sold in Disneyland (exception is Club 33.) It is sold in all hotels, DTD, and DCA.
    And I said that Disney makes a ton of money selling booze in California. Duh???

  19. #18
    It was a good day! Malcon10t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Modesto/Waterford
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwchuck View Post
    And I said that Disney makes a ton of money selling booze in California. Duh???
    I guess I am just missing your point. No one has said Disney is not making money by selling alcohol.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

  20. #19
    MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    adriennek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    In Toxic Levels of Testosterone
    Blog Entries
    8

    1. People were bringing in alcohol before Disney sold it. They could still be. You don't need to buy it there to get it.

    2. People don't need to drink to be unruly.

    3. Just because people drink alcohol doesn't make them unruly.

    (4. What does being a moderator have to do with anything????? This is probably a rhetorical question I shouldn't ask.)

    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

  21. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Huntington Beach, Ca
    Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    3. Just because people drink alcohol doesn't make them unruly.
    No it doesn't but neither does noticing smells around them.

    BTW, I think it was just brought up because it was posted above how one came across many other guests that were drunk and behaving inappropriately.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

    According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

  22. #21
    It was a good day! Malcon10t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Modesto/Waterford
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    BTW, I think it was just brought up because it was posted above how one came across many other guests that were drunk and behaving inappropriately.
    I've seen a few guests who had a bit too much to drink and have an issue, but rarely more than one in a day or even in a visit. TIMBO appears to have had numerous run ins in a single visit, which makes me sad. The "grabbing each other", see that more during grad night times, and CMs are usually pretty fast to shut it down. I'm sorry TIMBO had such a bad time.

    That said, I have seen more than one unruly guest who was completely sober, and they ruined my day more.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

  23. #22
    MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    adriennek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    In Toxic Levels of Testosterone
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    CMs are usually pretty fast to shut it down. I'm sorry TIMBO had such a bad time.

    That said, I have seen more than one unruly guest who was completely sober, and they ruined my day more.
    I think that this is what I'm concerned about most: It doesn't matter what caused the unruliness, I want to feel that when stuff goes down, Disney CMs will take care of it. And when they don't or can't for whatever reason, it's so very frustrating.
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

  24. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Huntington Beach, Ca
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    I've seen a few guests who had a bit too much to drink and have an issue, but rarely more than one in a day or even in a visit. TIMBO appears to have had numerous run ins in a single visit, which makes me sad. The "grabbing each other", see that more during grad night times, and CMs are usually pretty fast to shut it down. I'm sorry TIMBO had such a bad time.

    That said, I have seen more than one unruly guest who was completely sober, and they ruined my day more.
    Sadly it can happen no matter what time of the year, or who is there...drunk, sober, high...it comes in all forms for sure. The few times we have had a day go south were not from drunks but bad parenting and their kids. Most the time the things I have come across are so few and aren't so bad, luckily, that we are able to move on from it all. Most the time we are able to laugh it off. The few times we have been during grad nites it was the middle schoolers that behaved the worse since they were there too. I know its not always the case since its just those ones we have all come across that decided to be the worse of the bunch so they stand out. Its like any group of people...there are good and there are bad. The more people in one place though the more chances of coming across all kinds on both sides.

    Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    I think that this is what I'm concerned about most: It doesn't matter what caused the unruliness, I want to feel that when stuff goes down, Disney CMs will take care of it. And when they don't or can't for whatever reason, it's so very frustrating.
    This is the big thing. If Disney CMs will take care of it or not. It is frustrating when you see them not do a thing. The ones that do I hope know how grateful we all are that they do in many situations. With TIMBO's situation, if its the correct weekend I am thinking of, it came during an extra busy, crowded weekend. With the amount of guests compared to CMs they might have been stretched thin during the time and those seeing the same behavior might not have been sure how to handle things as well.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

    According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

  25. #24

    There is just a lack of manors these days. I don't think it's PC anymore to teach people how to act around others. Seems like a free for all some times.

    Kind of sad when you think about it.

    One of the best pieces of advice my wife's grandmother gave us was to "Raise our kids so that others would like them."



    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

  26. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Huntington Beach, Ca
    Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    There is just a lack of manors these days. I don't think it's PC anymore to teach people how to act around others. Seems like a free for all some times.

    Kind of sad when you think about it.

    One of the best pieces of advice my wife's grandmother gave us was to "Raise our kids so that others would like them."
    I have taught mine to just treat others as they would want to be treated and to try to always remember their manners. They are pretty good kids thankfully. Yet I agree that the PC world is a big reason for many problems out there....then younger ones pick up on all this (with lack of parenting in many cases) and go with it. Which it also could be why some CMs may not speak up in certain circumstances when they really should.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

    According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •