Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Crowds on days before Halloween

  1. #1
    The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA

    Crowds on days before Halloween

    Halloween is on a Tuesday this year, and the Sunday and Monday before have no Halloween parties. Touring Plans are rating those days a 6 for Sunday and a 3 for Monday. Anyone have feelings on that accuracy?


  2. # ADS

    Join Date
    Location
    Posts
     

  3. #2

    Monday should be light, last week Saturday was a zoo. Going tomorrow, I can let you know how it goes.


  4. #3
    The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by binki View Post
    Going tomorrow, I can let you know how it goes.
    Thanks!

  5. #4

    I didn't make it last weekend, planing on Sunday again coming up.


  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by CariBelle View Post
    Halloween is on a Tuesday this year, and the Sunday and Monday before have no Halloween parties. Touring Plans are rating those days a 6 for Sunday and a 3 for Monday. Anyone have feelings on that accuracy?
    I was there Sunday, 10/8 and it was crowded by 1030am. Anything with a halloween theme was packed. That is twice on a weekend where since the decorations went up that it was packed. It has been pretty good since the 3 day So Cal passes ended but the last few weeks have been insane.

  7. #6
    The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by binki View Post
    I was there Sunday, 10/8 and it was crowded by 1030am. Anything with a halloween theme was packed. That is twice on a weekend where since the decorations went up that it was packed. It has been pretty good since the 3 day So Cal passes ended but the last few weeks have been insane.
    Thank you for the update!

  8. #7
    Registered User
    MousePad Subscriber
    cstephens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Dystopia
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by binki View Post
    I was there Sunday, 10/8 and it was crowded by 1030am. Anything with a halloween theme was packed. That is twice on a weekend where since the decorations went up that it was packed. It has been pretty good since the 3 day So Cal passes ended but the last few weeks have been insane.
    This past weekend was Gay Days, so that was probably part of the reason for the added crowds.
    Within the valley of shadowless death; they pray for thunderclouds and rain
    But to the multitude who stand in the rain; heaven is where the sun shines.


    Sometimes, "be the better person" is code for "be a doormat".

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    This past weekend was Gay Days, so that was probably part of the reason for the added crowds.
    I will be back this weekend, we will see.

  10. #9

    Early Sunday was a little slower in DCA but Disney was busy enough. Crowds started picking up around 1030. Of course the Haunted Mansion had long lines later in the day, about 3 hours at time, just like the old days before fastpass.


  11. #10
    The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by binki View Post
    Early Sunday was a little slower in DCA but Disney was busy enough. Crowds started picking up around 1030. Of course the Haunted Mansion had long lines later in the day, about 3 hours at time, just like the old days before fastpass.
    Thanks binki! My plan is to grab a Mansion FP first thing.

  12. #11

    Yes, That is what did Sunday, We entered at DCA because the line was shorter, got a FP for Guardians and was able to use it right away, and then pickup up HM. We did a few more rides at DCA and then went over to Disneyland.

    We were there yesterday, Thursday afternoon and it was quite busy. I asked some of the kids in one of the lines why they were not in school. Some were on a year round program and on break, others just didn't go to school that day. It didn't help that Thunder Mountain was down. It should be back up today from maintenance. Also we saw fastpass kiosks covered up and Small World and they had already roped it for fastpass so it looks like another ride will have it. I wish they would do FP for Pirates.

    Also, we saw a lot of LDS. they have some Utah convention this week.


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •