Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Orville

CBNT and I recognized someone uncredited on tonights episode ... are we the only ones? I dont know how to put in the spoiler thing on my iPad, or Id include the actors name.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

We watched the show in our hotel room because of the races, so I didn't see the credit sequence to know what was in it. Not sure if it's the same person you're referring to, but I do know who was playing the alien MC of the karaoke night. If that wasn't it, can you tell us which character it was? Wait, or maybe it was the main blue alien? I can't remember if I saw that actor's name in the credits.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

The Orville

It was the main blue alien, Darulio. He wasnt listed on IMDB then, but is now.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by codewoman View Post
    It was the main blue alien, Darulio. He wasn’t listed on IMDB then, but is now.
    I was wondering if it was the same person who played him in the first episode. I don't think so, but then, we only got a glimpse of him. I was going to check my DVR since I have all of the episodes saved.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Last nights episode was not my favorite. Im not a fan of the genre. We did predict the outcome, so theres that.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

I figured it was one of two reasons. I like the cheat of those kinds of episodes because it allows them to do things that they couldn't normally do. I enjoyed the show. I especially like Halston, who plays Alara. I didn't care for the episode with Claire and her kids.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Im still liking the show very much. Some episodes are better than others but all very entertaining. You can tell that some of the storylines have to be inspired from ST:TNG. Not a bad thing, but the parallels are pretty apparent.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Cstephens, I wasnt a fan of that one, either. I wanted to discipline those brats. Outrageously misbehaving child characters make me yell at the TV.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So... this week will be the "season finale" for S1.
    Supposedly S2 was picked up. Does anyone know if it is being picked up for another "half" 10-12 episode season or a full season, in comparison to other shows.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    So... this week will be the "season finale" for S1.
    Supposedly S2 was picked up. Does anyone know if it is being picked up for another "half" 10-12 episode season or a full season, in comparison to other shows.
    The season 2 pickup is for the actual second season next year. The first season for most new shows is only about half of a regular season. A new show will usually start with about 6 episodes committed to be shown, and then, if it's doing well enough, it can be picked up for the second part of the season. Some shows get a full first season commitment to begin with, usually if there's a big name attached as a creator or star. Other times, if a new show doesn't do well, they get pulled after a few episodes, and then the remaining shows that were filmed could be dumped at some other time.