Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: My Disney Top 5 - Things to See in Epcot's China Pavilion

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

My Disney Top 5 - Things to See in Epcot's China Pavilion

My Disney Top 5 - Things to See in Epcot's China Pavilion by Chris Barry

Chris heads to China as he continues his tour through Epcot's World Showcase.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

With all our trips to WDW, I don't think we have ever stopped in China. One time we saw the acrobats out front but that was about it. Norway and Mexico are it for us in that part of the world. Thanks for taking the time to explore it for us and to prod us into action. This time we are stopping in China! This time we are getting a dining reservation in China!
    Unless North Korea attacks us. Then we are boycotting.

Don't spend a lot of time in China because we can't support their communist system. The CMs seem so friendly, though.

If you never seen the real Temple of Heaven, you're really missing out.

Best time to see is actually during Chinese New Year with plenty of activities for everyone especially the kids to enjoy.

I have yet to dine in the sit-down restaurant, Seven Dragons
    Sorry to be a nit-picker, but it's Nine Dragons. I had not eaten there until my trip in May either. I am a Chinese food fan, so I am a little surprised I visited for 5 years worth of trips before giving it a shot. I was easily able to make a last minute reservation for lunch on my final day of my trip though (decided on lunch right before leaving for the park in the morning, though I probably could have walked up).

I liked it, though I don't have NYC Chinatown in my backyard to compare it to (aside from several visits to a place called Congee Village years ago, on the odd chance you've ever been there), and I'm sure it does not compare. I did find it a nice meal though. I had the Hot and Sour soup, the Dumplings and I think the Duck Salad. I was pleased with all. I'd consider trying it again someday. I might wait a while though, because I am trying to expand my dining experiences, so I tend to try not to repeat visits with rare exceptions. I'm not trying to hit all the restaurants, but as we all know the sheer number is huge!

Thanks for the heads up on the update to the museum. when I first skimmed the list I was wondering how the Terracotta Warriors display didn't make the cut. Now I know to stop in and see the Inside Shanghai Disney Resort display that replaced it!
    -Dave

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Sorry to be a nit-picker, but it's Nine Dragons. I had not eaten there until my trip in May either. I am a Chinese food fan, so I am a little surprised I visited for 5 years worth of trips before giving it a shot. I was easily able to make a last minute reservation for lunch on my final day of my trip though (decided on lunch right before leaving for the park in the morning, though I probably could have walked up).

I liked it, though I don't have NYC Chinatown in my backyard to compare it to (aside from several visits to a place called Congee Village years ago, on the odd chance you've ever been there), and I'm sure it does not compare. I did find it a nice meal though. I had the Hot and Sour soup, the Dumplings and I think the Duck Salad. I was pleased with all. I'd consider trying it again someday. I might wait a while though, because I am trying to expand my dining experiences, so I tend to try not to repeat visits with rare exceptions. I'm not trying to hit all the restaurants, but as we all know the sheer number is huge!

Thanks for the heads up on the update to the museum. when I first skimmed the list I was wondering how the Terracotta Warriors display didn't make the cut. Now I know to stop in and see the Inside Shanghai Disney Resort display that replaced it!
    JEEZ!! Glaring mistake Dave. Can't believe we let that one slip through. It's not like I didn't know that. My apologies readers/

The Tomb Warriors would have been high on my list.

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff

I wasn't expecting any political responses. Not to say they aren't warranted, but I've always thought that World Showcase was more about exposing guests to the beauty of that nation's culture, cuisine, people etc. leaving the politics behind. You could scratch the surface of each nation and find ugliness I'm sure.