Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Universal Orlando Tickets

Universal Orlando Tickets

We're going on our first ever trip to Disney World in March after talking about doing so for over 20 years. We would like to check out Universal Orlando too, mainly for Diagon Alley which we don't have in California where we live. We're thinking just 1 day there, but the price of 1 day 2-park tickets is really high. Any suggestions on where we can get a better price?

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    We're going on our first ever trip to Disney World in March after talking about doing so for over 20 years. We would like to check out Universal Orlando too, mainly for Diagon Alley which we don't have in California where we live. We're thinking just 1 day there, but the price of 1 day 2-park tickets is really high. Any suggestions on where we can get a better price?
    We are going to WDW soon and I too had sticker shock over the Universal Studios ticket prices. In the past, we've done a 2-day park-hopper and spent the night at a Universal hotel in order to get "free" express passes. This year, we are only spending 1 day at Universal (for Diagon Alley) and I just couldn't do a hopper pass. So we are just going to do Universal, which is a shame because I love Islands of Adventure and I think my kids would really enjoy the train between the parks.

We bought our tickets through Undercover Tourist. I don't remember if that saved us any money on the tickets, or just let us book the rental car at a better rate than I could find elsewhere. I've used them before for WDW tickets and never had any problems.

Let me ask my daughter. They bought all the tickets for the trip. We may have just bit the bullet and paid. We had the 1 day park hopper. We started in IOA rode everything except King Kong, it was down. Then rode the train between. Hit several things we don't have in California. Then popped back to ride Kong*. We had skipped the Mummy, which our youngest really wanted to ride so we popped back again and she and I and the other teenager rode the Mummy and Transformers. The other 3 went back to ride ET and something else. They had a water show at the end, like WOC, it started just after park close so we had extra time in the park.
    The only thing we rode in either Harry Potter area was the dueling dragons.
    All of this to say it was worth the cost to us to have the hopper option. We got a lot done in the 1 day. A second day would have been nice, we skipped several things at Universal that we have in California.

*It was also a brand new ride when we went. It is basically the tram segment from Hollywood with a long themed queue. There were a few setup scenes as you are on a transport truck. Overall it was pretty good but it's better on the tram in Hollywood.

ETA: She said "Frog something". I know the WDW tickets were Undercover Tourist.

Universal Orlando Tickets

I can’t help sorry but can confirm it’s an issue form the UK too. I have ended up with 14 day tickets for three parks at Universal which from here cost only marginally more than a two day Universal two park hopper. Madness.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll google it and see what I can find. Looks like it's just going to cost more than we were hoping. We are planning ti just Uber from DW to Universal, and then back at the end of the day. How far is Universal from DW?

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll google it and see what I can find. Looks like it's just going to cost more than we were hoping. We are planning ti just Uber from DW to Universal, and then back at the end of the day. How far is Universal from DW?
    Depending on how you park-storm, if you buy multi-day tickets directly through Universal with an American Express card, you gain the right to access the American Express Lounge. When we last went there, it was a tiny little space that had free bottled water and bags of chips. So probably not worth paying extra if you can get tickets at a better price elsewhere. But if you can't, or if you have someone in your party who might want to take a break during the day, this is another factor to consider when making your purchasing decisions.