Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Irma, canceled room reservation, getting refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post

My point relating to the long wait for pizza delivery might have very well been due to the curfew situation. Many places might have closed up for safety.
    I think you missed the part where I said they stood in line at their Disney resort for pizza, not delivery.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    I think you missed the part where I said they stood in line at their Disney resort for pizza, not delivery.
    Oops... my bad! I read the first part and the thought of local pizza delivery to a resort room went into my head and my brain de-focused for the second part of the sentence where you described your friend's husband waiting in a line at the resort itself.

Even though the on-site quick serves at all the resorts are normally great, it's got to be near impossible to run when EVERYONE is hunkered down in their rooms all day (or more) for an event like this. I honestly didn't know any of them were even open. I didn't stay around since I had my off-site hotel, but thought most restaurants were going to be closed, but I guess I was mistaken.
    -Dave

At this point the forecasts are starting to firm up. Putting yourself in the path so you can have a vacation is being foolish. And a couple of bottles of water is not going to cut it. You need one gallon per person, per day with at least a 3 day supply for drinking and sanitation. You should have at least a 3 day supply of non perishable food. You should be as prepared to provide for yourself as anyone who is preparing to shelter in place. https://www.ready.gov/build-a-kit

We moved our reservations, flights, car, FP et al to after the weekend.

MCO is now reporting closure at 5 pm Saturday (just like before).

Overall, pretty painless. Airfare was $224 less and we got points back from our timeshare. Oddly, the rental car was about $75 more.

Bonus: we got dinner res for BOG, and dinner with an Imagineer at Brown Derby. The backstage train tour was re-booked without issue. On-hold now for nearly 2 hours to re-book MNSSHP.

Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMartin View Post
    We moved our reservations, flights, car, FP et al to after the weekend.

MCO is now reporting closure at 5 pm Saturday (just like before).

Overall, pretty painless. Airfare was $224 less and we got points back from our timeshare. Oddly, the rental car was about $75 more.

Bonus: we got dinner res for BOG, and dinner with an Imagineer at Brown Derby. The backstage train tour was re-booked without issue. On-hold now for nearly 2 hours to re-book MNSSHP.
    Rental cars will be in high demand. I live just north of Houston. There were no rental cars available in any of the nearby cities after Harvey. Houston, Dallas, Austin, etc, were all out of rental cars for a few days. We had people at work who were out of the state when Harvey came through. They couldn't get a flight into Houston, so they flew into other cities in Texas and tried to drive in. They couldn't get rental cars and had to stay in those towns until the rental car place called them and said there was a car available.

Hopefully, they will honor my reservation.

Reluctant Runner

Hopefully, they will honor my reservation.
    Be prepared for anything. My boss flew into Austin from California. He had a rental car reservation. When they got to the rental car counter they told him that they had no cars available. So they had to hang out in Austin a couple of extra days until his name came up on the list of people waiting for a car.

I was just saying that to Whistler this morning. We have been pricing a rental for our DL trip in December and he checked yesterday, it had doubled here in California. When Colorado flooded, my mom and I flew to Denver, a week or so later and had a hard time getting a car. Everyone's cars were under water so the rentals were mostly gone. Same situation going in in Houston and Florida.

Hmm, I wonder if a call to Avis might be worthwhile.

Reluctant Runner

Quote Originally Posted by Goodnplenty View Post
    "... and then depression set it."

Well I went ahead and cancelled my 5 night stay this weekend. Irma is looking too big and could come straight up FL. (per 9/4 weather alert last night). So if this helps others, the CM on the phone said that WDW was implementing their hurricane policy and you could get a refund. I actually wanted to switch to the next weekend but they didn't have the room I wanted.

I hope this helps others,
    GnP
    But just think, you could've been stranded at WDW! But I'm seriously bummed out for anyone whose trip is affected. I'm pulling for all the CMs and people who live there though.

So far, so good.

Have more than enough weather/ snacks, etc.

Parks are closed Sunday/Monday-Hotels will stay open

So today, we'll blow it out @ Epcot/ narcosee's and next two days shelter in place and hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by newhdplayer View Post
    So far, so good.

Parks are closed Sunday/Monday-Hotels will stay open

So today, we'll blow it out @ Epcot/ narcosee's and next two days shelter in place and hope for the best
    Glad to see you and your family are doing OK so far. Good luck tomorrow and Monday. (Good choice on Narcoossee's, btw! )
    -Dave

Hurricane Irma, canceled room reservation, getting refund.

The Epcot parking lot is full of utility trucks staged to get ready for restoration after Irma

May not even be necessary if she keeps going west...

Quote Originally Posted by newhdplayer View Post
    So far, so good.

I think everyone would agree that you have more than enough weather.
    Reluctant Runner

Best of luck and stay safe! Let us know how it goes tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by daisyd0 View Post
    Best of luck and stay safe! Let us know how it goes tomorrow.
    So far at 10:15am steady rain, no wind yet, they brought us a care package for the room with a flash
    Light, extra toiletries ,and we moved the patio furniture into the room just in case.

No we'll be rolling out for breakfast, wander around the hotel and wait for Irma....

Irma still pending

We had brekfast at Mara, wandered the whole hotel, emptied out the gift shop since we had time to kill.

It's been raining no -stop, but no winds yet....

The lobby is jam packed full of families /kids playing games, we have Goofy, Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, and Rafiki making appearances through out the day.

Table games, corn hole, coloring and crafts table, stories all through out the Lobby.

And still waiting for Irma

Stand by

ooops double post-stupid hotel wifi(1st world problems)

Last edited by newhdplayer; 09-10-2017 at 08:45 AM.

Irma still pending

We had brekfast at Mara, wandered the whole hotel, emptied out the gift shop since we had time to kill.

It's been raining no -stop, but no winds yet....

The lobby is jam packed full of families /kids playing games, we have Goofy, Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, and Rafiki making appearances through out the day.

Table games, corn hole, coloring and crafts table, stories all through out the Lobby.

And still waiting for Irma

Stand by

1:00pm update

Slight increase I wind and rain but nothing over a regular breeze here at AKL.

The resort will be following the local counties curfew and we have to be in place by 7:00pm.

I think everyone would agree that you have more than enough weather.
    Glad I wasn't the only one who saw that.

3:00PM update from AKL.

Light rain, light breeze, overcast, still waiting, coming up on Naples shortly coupled with a high tide, possible bad storm surge down there.

Hurricane Irma, canceled room reservation, getting refund.

3:30pm in the lobby

Might as well start drinking...?