Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Come cheer with Team MousePlanet at the 2017 Super Heroes Half Marathon

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Come cheer with Team MousePlanet at the 2017 Super Heroes Half Marathon

Team MousePlanet will host a cheer station at the halfway point of the 2017 Super Heroes Half Marathon on Sunday, November 12. These cheer stations have become one of our largest community events, and many runners and walkers tell us they look for us every race.

Disney has released the course for the half marathon, and it follows the same course as the Disneyland half. This means we'll again set up along Ball Road between mile markers 6 & 7.

Here's what we're planning:

Half Marathon Cheer and Support Station

We need lots of people to show up at Disney-dark-hundred to help set up the tent, put out the signs, hand out the goodies and cheer their hearts out. We are seeking at least 6 people, and the more the merrier!

Because of the great location, we're going to offer race signs again, along with Red Vines, a water mister station, and maybe even Otter Pops (if we can find and freeze enough).

Here is the link to the Half Marathon course. We are outside Ganahl Lumber at 1220 E Ball Rd, Anaheim, CA 92805. You won't be able to park at the Ganahl lot, so you want to park across the street. Here's a link to Google Maps for that address, so you can see the surrounding area.

Eastbound Ball Road will close at 4:30 am for the race, though Westbound Ball Road will remain open. Plan to be parked by 5:00 a.m. at the latest. Early birds are welcome, because there is a lot to set up. We'll be there by 4:00 a.m. There will be a lot of freeway closures as well, so be prepared. Here is a map of the surrounding street closures so you know what to expect and how to get around.

MousePlanet will provide everything for the runners. All you need to bring is yourself and a great attitude!

Sign Prep

If you want to help more, or want to help out but can't commit to the Disney-Dark-Hundred cheer station Sunday morning, we can use volunteers to help make the personalized race signs. If you can write legibly on large sheets of poster board, then we need you to help make signs! The Baird-Hill family helped me make all of the ones in September, and I'd love to spread the workload around.
    Last edited by AVP; 10-18-2017 at 10:19 AM.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

Just wanted to thank everyone who comes out to do this - we loved seeing you at Tink this spring and I'm very much looking forward to seeing you next month for Avengers!

🏠 Disneyland Resort ✔️Walt Disney World 2011 ✔️Hong Kong Disneyland 2015
    ✔️Shanghai Disneyland 2016 ✔️Disneyland Paris 2017! ⁉️Tokyo Disneyland 2020?

Even with the cancellation, I think I'm going to stick with only running the 10k, which leaves me free to cheer for the Half (maybe in a costume). I'll give final confirmation closer to the date, but I think I should be there to help!

2015: Star Wars 10k + Avengers 10k
    2016: Star Wars 10k, Paris Half and 5k, Avengers Half
    2017: Star Wars Light Side Half, Star Wars Dark Side Half, Paris Half and 10k, Avengers 10k
    MouseAdventure Addict- Usually "Beware the Groove"

Count me, my wife, and oldest daughter as probable support crew. (3/4 of Goof There it is!)

Wife and I are on vacation until 11/1, so may not have internet access until then.

Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013

MA Master

I'm only running the 10K as well. Happy to come help out for the 1/2 if you still need people.

Headless Chicken

Ken and I will be there, of course. And, I can help with signage on Saturday, if needed.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikara View Post
    Even with the cancellation, I think I'm going to stick with only running the 10k, which leaves me free to cheer for the Half (maybe in a costume). I'll give final confirmation closer to the date, but I think I should be there to help!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveMartin View Post
    Count me, my wife, and oldest daughter as probable support crew. (3/4 of Goof There it is!)

Wife and I are on vacation until 11/1, so may not have internet access until then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelsie View Post
    I'm only running the 10K as well. Happy to come help out for the 1/2 if you still need people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
    Ken and I will be there, of course. And, I can help with signage on Saturday, if needed.
    AWESOME!!!! And yes, Teresa, I'd love sign help Saturday. Catch you offline.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Can you PM me more information about the sign making on Saturday?

I'll be lyft-ing from my hotel to this spot bright and early Sunday morning! I'm planning on wearing my Rey costume for the festivities. Looking to come up with a witty sign reflecting the lack of a light side in two months. Right now my best idea is: See you in 2020! Anyone more creative than me?

2015: Star Wars 10k + Avengers 10k
    2016: Star Wars 10k, Paris Half and 5k, Avengers Half
    2017: Star Wars Light Side Half, Star Wars Dark Side Half, Paris Half and 10k, Avengers 10k
    MouseAdventure Addict- Usually "Beware the Groove"

I'm planning to try to wake up in time. It looks like the opposite side of the street from Ganahl will be closed. Does that I guess that means I can't get there from State College? Another fun runDisney parking puzzle.

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thank you everyone! The signs were wonderful and it was great to see you. Hopefully we'll all be back in 2020.

RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

Thank you to everyone who came out to cheer us on and made the signs. You guys have the perfect spot to cheer us on as we embark on the second half of the race.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thank you for my sign. I had to run through the group quickly to keep up with the pacer (my friend Sean) but got my red vines and said a quick hi to Nikara and AVP - and I missed Steve.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Thank you for my sign. I had to run through the group quickly to keep up with the pacer (my friend Sean) but got my red vines and said a quick hi to Nikara and AVP - and I missed Steve.
    No worries. I was the guy in the running shirt that looks like a suit (I was usually near the photo station frames).
    Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013