Thread: My Disney Top 5 - Things to See in Epcot's Norway Pavilion

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

My Disney Top 5 - Things to See in Epcot's Norway Pavilion

My Disney Top 5 - Things to See in Epcot's Norway Pavilion by Chris Barry

Chris checks out all that Norway has to offer in Epcot's World Showcase

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Lefse at the Kringla Bakeri is our #1 thing in Norway. We'll stop by before leaving Epcot at night and pick some up for the next morning's breakfast -- also getting a late-night snack for right away, of course.

I know exactly what you mean about the smell of the Puffin's Roost. Unfortunately, the smell of the perfume and cologne is one I don't find appealing, so we always rush through that portion of the shops. We do love the Helly Hansen clothing, though, so we spend a lot of time browsing at the very back end of the shops.

While I like Frozen Ever After and I think they did some fantastic things with the ride, I really, really miss the movie they used to show at the exit of Maelstrom. It was among my very favorite things at Epcot, so I was sad to see it go, and it has colored my feelings about Frozen Ever After in a negative way.

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by davidgra View Post
    Lefse at the Kringla Bakeri is our #1 thing in Norway. We'll stop by before leaving Epcot at night and pick some up for the next morning's breakfast -- also getting a late-night snack for right away, of course.

I know exactly what you mean about the smell of the Puffin's Roost. Unfortunately, the smell of the perfume and cologne is one I don't find appealing, so we always rush through that portion of the shops. We do love the Helly Hansen clothing, though, so we spend a lot of time browsing at the very back end of the shops.

While I like Frozen Ever After and I think they did some fantastic things with the ride, I really, really miss the movie they used to show at the exit of Maelstrom. It was among my very favorite things at Epcot, so I was sad to see it go, and it has colored my feelings about Frozen Ever After in a negative way.

Lefse for breakfast sounds like a wonderful idea!

I expected some people to say they disliked the smell. To each his own, but I love it!

I actually and regrettably never saw the Norway film. Don't know why. Kids never wanted to stay through it I guess, so we always kept walking through. I used to love the seats in the theater though.

Chris, Tusen takk

Norway is definitely my favorite pavilion at Epcot. Has been since my second trip to WDW in 2004. And you know what did it for me? You're number #5 thing! I know exactly what you're talking about when you talk about smell. They sell Geir and Leila cologne/perfume there and it pours out of the doors. In fact, I'll often pick a spot to view Illumination near Norway so I can smell it throughout the entire fireworks show. I had heard that they stopped selling it once Frozen took over, but it sounds like it's still there. YAAAAAAYYYY!!!

As for food, Akershus is my must do on every WDW trip. Sure, my girls love the princesses. But I LOVE the food. The cheeses, the fish, the traditional Norway dishes. This place is just the best for me.

And now that the Frozen ride is there, I'll love it even more! I did like the old Maelstrom ride and how we could ride it with just a 10 minute wait. And it was my son's first ride when he was 1! But I'm sure the new ride is far superior. Can't wait to check it out one day.

Working for Disney. No, no. Working (in a Modesto office) for (the money to take a trip to) Disney (World/Land)

WDW Trips: June 2002, Feb 2004, Dec 2006, Dec 2008, Jan 2010, Feb 2011, Dec 2012
    Disneyland Trips: Feb 2006, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, Feb, March, June 2015 (x2), Nov 2015

Chris -- you were surprised by the speed with which you got into the characters at Norway. There is no fast pass for The Royal Sommerhaus. Due to some Disney magic, the wait is no more than 10-15 minutes in my experience. Akershus is great, no rush, good food. My wife & I have been there as a couple, with a granddaughter & her parents, with a group of friends (a grandfather, his daughter/mother of the two kids present) -- every visit worth the time and effort. Of course Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe has great snacks. Never disappointed with Norway, miss the movie, but then Norway no longer supports the pavilion -- it is all Disney now despite selling Norwegian perfume and sweaters. Thanks for this report.

Last edited by DaLoon; 09-01-2017 at 04:24 PM. Reason: correct the punctuation

Frozen would be better if they had actually finished the ride. There are some points where the bare walls become very distracting. Also, the projection on the faces is really odd when you view it from an angle other than face on.

Love Scandinavian cuisine but hate character meals so we haven't been to Akershus since the change. We do miss it though. Wish there were a Scandinavian booth at the F&W.