Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: 2018 calendar events?

2018 calendar events?

I know generally Disney only does 6 weeks out on the calendar but when do they normally release their 2018 special events?
    Like lunar new year? Food & wine festival & the egg extravaganza?

Southwest has great flights right now even into next year & I was considering planning a trip or two during these events.

I can guess the Egg one will be close to Easter but it's the lunar new year one I'm not sure of?

DLand/DCA-9/17,5/16,9/15,3/15,11/12,9/10,4/09,4/06,7/00
    1st time cruising ever was "Cruise to Nowhere 1/2011"

2. # ADS

2018 calendar events?

Oh and is 3 kings day crazy? My goal for 2018 it to visit the park during major events if I can (minus summer)

As you already said the egg one would be close to Easter and around Easter. 3 Kings day is January. Looking at past ones Jan 6th has been an end date at times or had it going on at least around that time. Not sure on exact dates since its not out. Lunar New Year had been Friday, Jan. 20, through Sunday, Feb. 5 of this year so there is that and it had been expanded from the year before where it was during Feb 5th-8th. Hope that helps a bit for ideas on things.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

2018 calendar events?

Just out of curiosity I googled lunar new year 2017 it was Jan 28 but for 2018 it says Feb 16?

I wonder if that means the dates will change. I certainly don't want to be in the park the weekend of Feb 16 presidential weekend

I googled it like you did just now. I see it says Feb 16th as the start under a page for APers and then if you look at the regular page for it that isn't what it says. It just says early in the year. It looks like the started this year's a bit before the official Chinese New Year, which was Jan 29th. Next year the official date is Feb 16th. So if its similar it would be a week before that it starts like this year's and go on about 2 weeks and whatever many days. LOL I guess they could expand it again as well. I am just guessing going off this year's length of what it could be again though. I don't blame you on wanting to stay away from that weekend. I would as well.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

I was looking at dates in January and the first week of January was less expensive that the week of Jan 20th. Any know if that is because of lunar new year? I was surprised because the first week of January is still winter break for many schools and I thought it would be more $. Worried about crowds either date... wanted to go third week of January for my daughters bday, but now I'm worried it will be crowded. I always thought January was quieter after the first week.

January has a lot that goes on around there. The 25th looks to be when NAMM has their convention start. It is always in Jan. I know usually the same weekend as MLK day is Star Wars Marathon (which is still in the air on if its happening). There are also a bunch of schools that do have one other Monday off during Jan as well near the end for between semesters. So while it can be quieter on many days its not always on others. Then toss in how hotels want to be with pricing and who knows what they are thinking most the time anymore. I have looked for ones in places that are not high tourists spots and at off times only to find they are still way to much money. Hopefully you can figure something out for it.