Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Maxpass update 7/29

Maxpass update 7/29

We arrived today at 7:30 and once we were scanned in we were able to get a FastPass even though the park was not open other than the extra hour for those staying at the hotel. Redemption was much smoother today.

That is all, had a grand kid with us so not the normal rides but all that we could take her on that had an FP work great.

2. # ADS

I forgot to add that the Train was popular, long lines for it. The Canoes were not, the boarding is to far away from anything to be noticed, The Mark Twain was about half full, maybe less.

Santa / Actor for hire
    MousePad Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by binki View Post
    The Mark Twain was about half full, maybe less.
    They are not allowing people on the third deck as you would be able to see more of the Constuction
    Setting up camp at Fort Wilderness Campgrounds now sometime in the future
    My Acting website
    My Santa website "It's not the look, it's what is in ones heart, that makes one a Santa"
    My Promotional Marketing website that's were my user name comes

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Promo-Man View Post
    They are not allowing people on the third deck as you would be able to see more of the Constuction
    Is that new today? I rode the 3rd deck yesterday with several dozen other guests.

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Santa / Actor for hire
    MousePad Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    Is that new today? I rode the 3rd deck yesterday with several dozen other guests.

AVP
    Yes today you could not go to the third deck
    Setting up camp at Fort Wilderness Campgrounds now sometime in the future
    My Acting website
    My Santa website "It's not the look, it's what is in ones heart, that makes one a Santa"
    My Promotional Marketing website that's were my user name comes

Middle and bottom were not full, not many wait in either. That must have all been on the train

We were at the parks Monday and Tuesday. Definiely a fan of Maxpass. It worked very well for us.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Promo-Man View Post
    Yes today you could not go to the third deck
    Aug 3rd all decks were open.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

8/13 Third deck open, Twain about 1/3 full. Train still popular - 8/6 waited ~25 minutes and all 4 trains running, 8/13 wait was ~15 minutes with less than 4 trains running. (this was before noon on both Sundays).

Side note - The train was full enough that they let people ride in the caboose (not Lily Belle). It was so hot in there that nobody stayed longer than one segment.

Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013

We will be back tonight and on Saturday. I would like to take the train but if there is any line at all we will skip it.

The train was packed again. Skipped it of course. MaxPass is getting smoother all the time. Maybe it is just me but it is really nice and saves me a lot of walking. One thing I noticed is wait times for the Autopia and Space Mountain often don't match what is on the app. The times are shorter on the app.

What is up with Soarin? Wait times of 110 minutes? Really?

Grizzly River at night is great. No line and a fun experience other than getting wet at night.

Waiting impatiently for next trip quackinup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by binki View Post
    What is up with Soarin? Wait times of 110 minutes? Really?
    Trying to catch up to the wait times at Disney World.
    Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
    Next trip: Disney World May 1-9 2020

Before FastPass I remember waiting 3 hours in most lines. Those were the days, waiting in line in the snow, barefoot, uphill, both ways....

I think the way things are today are much better than many years ago. With more rides and other attractions it has really cut down waiting.