Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Marty Sklar has passed away at 83

MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries

Marty Sklar has passed away at 83

http://waltdisney.org/blog/rememberi...klar-1934-2017

I am glad I had the opportunity to hear him speak at various D23 and Walt Disney Family Museum events. His stories were always enjoyable. The one that always makes me laugh thinking about it is when he was discussing the building of the Land pavilion at the Epcot 30th anniversary event. One of the scientists who was consulting with WDI took him aside and asked, "Where will we put the bees?"

2. # ADS

We were so saddened by this news. Many of our Disney memories include Marty Sklar -- D23 events, Expos, signings, etc. He was so encouraging when we asked him to sign a book for our younger nephew. Younger wasn't doing all that well in school at the time, and all the encouragement was very appreciated.

What an incredible life.

He was so wonderful. I met him at a small speaking event in Orlando. He was so kind and insisted that you call him "Marty". I remember a picture he showed that Marc Davis made for him. It was Marty's face on all the stretching room pictures at the Haunted Mansion. Marty specifically said that he would like Disney to do that when he passed away. I'm sure he knew it would make people smile. I'm hoping that WDW will install those as a temporary tribute to Marty.
    I would include a pic or link but can't seem to find one at the moment.

Blog Entries

RIP Marty Sklar

Disney legend Marty Sklar has passed away. RIP to this incredible legend and Disneyland Innovator and Pioneer......

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ar-dies-at-83/

"Your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis. Is this haunted room actually stretching?"

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Saw this last night on so many tweets. I met him, as many do, at a book signing for One Little Spark at D23 expo 2015. We chatted for a bit and I discovered he was a UCLA grad like me. His signature was "from one Bruin to another". It's a good memory. His stories during the expo were great and to me he showed that creativity in writing is just as important to Imagineering as rock work and pneumatics. Thank you Marty.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Sounds like a great life he had. May he RIP indeed!

Halloween 2017