Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Halloween Party Crowds

Halloween Party Crowds

We typically visit Disneyland in the winter, but this year we're trying autumn for the first time. I am trying to decide what day of our visit to add Halloween party tickets and was hoping for some help. If all of the Halloween Parties sell out again this year does that mean the parties will all have identical crowd levels? Or does Disney sell more tickets for weekend parties and parties closer to Halloween because demand is higher? Thanks for any insight you can share! We want to be prepped for the moment they are offered to the general public.

2. # ADS

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar

I'm trying to plan our date as well, we have never attended one of the parties and are excited!

We are trying to figure out if we are going to go to a party now. I want to but now that it's almost time to buy tickets I'm waffling. There is three of us, husband, me, and Kiki who will be close to 5 at the time. Is is really worth the $305 to go to the party? We can't really take any candy with us since we are flying and I'm just not sure. Besides the parade and smaller crowds is there anything else I need to know to make a decision?

"It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." Alice, Alice in Wonderland

We typically buy 5-day park hoppers for our family trips. Since we wanted to attend a Halloween Party for the first time this year we decided to do 4-day one park per day tickets and then go to the party on the 5th day. That brought the total cost down significantly. Maybe you could think of a similar way to save on your park tickets so the party price isn't quite so hard to justify?

I did a mid week party about 4 years ago.

Pluses - lots of candy and Halloween fun

Negatives - so many people I got on like 6 big rides and it was not really open that long.

I went to the one in Florida years ago and got on tons of rides and got lots of candy.

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

We are NOT attending the Halloween Party, but I'm wondering about what time they will make us leave the park? We don't have small children or grandchildren(yet) but I am very excited to see the little ones in their costumes!!

Any day is a great day at Disneyland!

* Kathy is dreaming of a Disney cruise*

Quote Originally Posted by MissMinnieFan View Post
    We are NOT attending the Halloween Party, but I'm wondering about what time they will make us leave the park? We don't have small children or grandchildren(yet) but I am very excited to see the little ones in their costumes!!
    What are your trip dates? Depending on the MHP start time on your visit date, everyone without a party wristband will have to leave DL at either 6 pm or 7 pm. The shops on Main Street will remain open for one hour longer for non-MHP guests. Since party guests are allowed into the parks up to 3 hours before the party start time, it can be lots of fun to grab a spot somewhere in Town Square, on Main Street, or at the Hub to watch the costumed guests as they enter.

Obsessed Pre-vacation Planner
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMinnieFan View Post
    It's been a few years since we've attended, but typically cast members start ushering day guests out at the party start time. We attended the first year it was in DL from CA, then again the following year. Because it is sold as a premimum event, CMs are lovingly forceful about kicking out the day guests. CMs will be at attraction entrances and not permit guests without the proper wristbands to join the line. CMs are also stationed at the land entrances to prevent people from entering only to be asked to leave later. Non party guests can linger for a bit along main street, but will be asked to leave if its obvious they are trying to stick around for the party. CA is open later on these nights, so you can always park hop over there.
    Pixar's "Up": Proving you can't have a real adventure until your wife dies.

Quote Originally Posted by daveywest View Post
    CA is open later on these nights, so you can always park hop over there.
    Expect huge crowds at DCA when the Halloween parties are going on. DCA doesn't absorb crowds as well as DL does, plus many of the guests are disgruntled because they didn't realize their time at DL was going to be cut short.
    Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!

We will be there Friday, Oct 13th. I'm excited to see the costumes and decorations for Halloween! Leaving about 6-7pm is okay, and we hope to spend the rest of the evening at DCA or Downtown Disney.

Any day is a great day at Disneyland!

* Kathy is dreaming of a Disney cruise*

Now that DCA is included with this years Halloween party ticket, how is it going to work? Anyone know? Will DCA be closed to those without Halloween tickets like DL too?

I don't see why it would be. MHP tickets will allow party guests to park hop for 3 hours prior to the start of MHP. I would think that party guests in DCA would want to move over to DL by the/for the start of the party. DCA would be open anyway during regular park hours and would continue to stay open for non-party guests with a valid park ticket.

Halloween Party Crowds

My daughter wants to go to the parks on Halloween day but not part of the party. Is it going to be crazy insane crowds? She was also going to go for part of the day on Nov 1st too.

Good idea or bad?

DLand/DCA-9/17,5/16,9/15,3/15,11/12,9/10,4/09,4/06,7/00
    1st time cruising ever was "Cruise to Nowhere 1/2011"

If she can be in DL during the early part of the day (the earlier, the better), she should be fine. But as the overlap hours start, the parks will be noticeably more crowded. If she knows this and is prepared (FPs or single rider for those last 3 hours for regular guests), that will help. Nov. 1st should be fine. Again, if she can go early and make use of the morning hours, she'll get more done.

Anyone know what the crowd should be like during the day on a Friday in Oct, before the party festivities?
    I know non-attendees are going to want to get in their time at DL before they are ushered out and the crowds will thin out after that. With the ticket inclusion of DCA this year my plan is to hit DCA right at 4pm so we can do Guardians and Carsland before heading over to DL, head to DL as soon the non-attendees start heading to DCA. Follow up questions in regards to DCA - does Guardians offer single rider or if I go in at 4p are fastpasses for the day already going to be gone by then?
    Last year was my first Halloween party and just my youngest and I went and we had the perfect time and loved how much the DL crowds thinned out and how everything had short waits to get on once all the non-attendees left. This year my wife and oldest will be joining us and we're really psyched about Guardians and Carsland being decked out for Halloween!

Halloween Party Crowds

Thanks tea4two, I will give her the heads up!

Hey Nick what day did you go last year? I might try next year but this year it isn't in my cards.

Last year we went on 10/29 which was the Saturday before Halloween I believe.
    This will probably be our last trip until Galaxy's Edge opens

Quote Originally Posted by NickP View Post
    Anyone know what the crowd should be like during the day on a Friday in Oct, before the party festivities?
    I know non-attendees are going to want to get in their time at DL before they are ushered out and the crowds will thin out after that. With the ticket inclusion of DCA this year my plan is to hit DCA right at 4pm so we can do Guardians and Carsland before heading over to DL, head to DL as soon the non-attendees start heading to DCA. Follow up questions in regards to DCA - does Guardians offer single rider or if I go in at 4p are fastpasses for the day already going to be gone by then?
    I would go assuming crowds all day. Oct doesn't seem to have days without them anymore. Depending on how packed DCA gets during the day and leading up to the party will be the deciding factor on if there will be FP still or not. I know we were there Thursday and it was crowded but not to bad. We got there about 2pm (I think) and were able to get my son a FP for Guardians but it was for around 6pm. So you have to be aware if there are times left it could be later than you would want if you are going to the Halloween Party. I suggest keeping an eye on the wait times for Guardians and what the FP times are saying so you then have the idea before you get there. Hope it works out for you though. Have fun when you go!
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Here is some info. for costume viewing.
    We like to arrive when the party starts. Last year we were ushered through the "new" walkway to the right of Main Street. It was a trick or treat trail but the lines were LONG and SLOW, we bypassed and headed to the rides. It was kind of sad not to be able to walk down Main Street but it does make more sense crowd wise. So, if you want to see the costumes you'll need to be around the flag pole area

Halloween Party Crowds

Does anyone know how late DCA will be open on Halloween night?

I did it, I bought our tickets today. This will be our first time going and we are so insanely excited.

What else do they give out besides candy?

"It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." Alice, Alice in Wonderland

You will get your wristband, a party map, and a treat bag for your candy. The bag is not very large (about the size of a lunch bag) or sturdy, so many people bring their own bags because you can collect a LOT of candy.

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    You will get your wristband, a party map, and a treat bag for your candy. The bag is not very large (about the size of a lunch bag) or sturdy, so many people bring their own bags because you can collect a LOT of candy.
    I am just beyond excited. Kiki will be almost 5 when we go. She already has her costume ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by missm View Post
    I did it, I bought our tickets today. This will be our first time going and we are so insanely excited.

What else do they give out besides candy?
    Last time we went, there were raisins and dried cranberries.

When we've attended in the past, we leave lots of room in the stroller(s) for the kids to dump into so their bag doesn't get too full.