Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: The "I'm at the park now!" Thread

The "I'm at the park now!" Thread

Seemed to be a good idea to have one of these for people who don't have the time to do a trip report, or just don't want to, lol

We arrived at the FQ at about 4:30. We used online check-in, so,we went straight to,our room in Building 4, top floor. We are just about 100 yards from the food court and the buses. Such a beautiful resort. Insert pictures here. Tiny, compared to most other resorts, and a dedicated bus system not usually shared with any other resort, although occasionally, depending on destination, we will go through Riverside. Since we didn't have to,check in at the front counter, we didn't receive the traditional folder of info, which is kind of sad. I used to love getting thst to start the stay. I did go by the front desk to pick up the parking certificate but was told they don't do that anymore. So off to the parks! Insert picture of bus ride here.

We made it to Magic Kingdom by 5:30, just in time use our Space Mountain fastpass. Insert pictures here. This is still such a wonderful ride, although I do wish they had the soundtrack that accompanies the Disneyland version. Then, after a very, very short ride on the classic Peter Pan, we ate at Columbia Harbour House. I opted for the shrimp, but both kiddies got the shrimp macaroni and cheese, which is better than last year's macaroni and lobster, but still not quite right. I plan to try a barbecue chicken macaroni and cheese thst is sold at the Friar's Nook in a couple of days. Sounds delicious! By the way, I did take pictures, but I am only allowed to use only so much space for pictures here, and pictures from some of my other trips have pushed me to the limit. So until admin can tell me how to delete the old pictures, no pics for you, next!

The crowd was very thin, and aside from a few stray sprinkles, the weather was great. I mean, a bit hot in the direct sun, but it was setting by this time, and the breeze kicked up, so all in all, really great for July. We rode 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, excellent, although Snow White wasn't in the mood to dance today, apparently, saw Its a Small World and noticed many things I hadn't on previous trips (kind of amazing, that), visited Philharmagic, a gem, and then took a time out so dearest daughter could get her Starbuck's hit. The boy and I endulged in a sundae from the Plaza. Inset picture here. I opted for the American Sundae, while he tried a donut sundae...don't ask...it is decadent, delicious, and another reason why the world hates America, lol

We then hit Under the Sea, Buzz Lightyear, Pooh, although the ride shut down mid-ride, so we got to see the ride with the lights on as we were ushered out of the attraction (being given a fastpass to use for any ride except Peter Pan and 7 Dwarfs until July 31!), and wrapped up our short day with my first ever night viewing of Jungle Cruise -- we had a great skipper! We went at about 10:30, and it was a direct walk on! Pooh, by the way, was only a 10 minute wait by at about 10:15. Keep that in mind if you stay late in the parks: some of the attractions are walk-ons.

We we lucked out and got to see the new fireworks display from Gaston's. Insert pictures here. While most of the big fireworks were behind us so as to frame the castle for those on the other side of the park, it was a nice, uncrowded way to see everything, and it has a very good, if distant, unobstructed view of the castle. We even got to see a successful marriage proposal during the fireworks. So sweet. A very young couple. May they have a long, happy life together! It was funny, but the hostesses of a nearby store danced throughout the fireworks, in a French sort of shuffle, complete with pinched and slightly raised and swaying skirts. I don't know if it is scripted that they do this, but it was cute...as were they, lol.

We probably had time to do Pirates, and maybe even walk the rapidly emptying park, ala Dan at Epcot, but we were tired and ready for the resort. The bus was a bit late in coming, but we were "home soon." We brought lots of drinks and our coffee maker, so there was no need to stop by the food court. Stacy is still doing well, but I can't believe they still haven't added Frozen, Toy Story Mania, or the new, yuck, Avatar rides. I know the latter is very new, but still.

Okay, today being our second day ( I just woke up), we are duty bound to go to Epcot; yeah, twist my arm, lol. So we need to be there fairly early to use our 9:00-10:00 fastpass for Soarin'. Obviously the earlier you finish your 1st three fastpasses, the earlier you can start adding Fastpasses.

See ya real soon!

1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

2. # ADS

Thank you!

Michelle
    offsite '86, ASMo '01, POR '02, CBR '05, POR '08, POR '10, BCV '10, Pop '11, BC '14, DL offsite '15, POR '16, FQ '17, POR '18, SSR '19, POR/BWI '19, BLT/BWV '20

While I'm not an admin, I tried to answer your question about the deleting old pics. Hope it was clear enough.

Sounds like you are having a good trip!

-Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    While I'm not an admin, I tried to answer your question about the deleting old pics. Hope it was clear enough.

Sounds like you are having a good trip!
    I'll check when I get back to the room tonight.

Light crowds again today at Epcot (tourism down, especially from abroad for some reason?). Would have only had a 15 stand-by wait for Soarin' if we didn't have fastpasses. It was the first time on the new version of Soarin'. The film was beautiful, but the music seems to have lost a bit of its energy. Not quite as goose-bump worthy. Still a lot of fun. Oops, Imoressions de France is starting. Shhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by petesimac View Post
    .................... Would have only had a 15 stand-by wait for Soarin' if we didn't have fastpasses. It was the first time on the new version of Soarin'. The film was beautiful, but the music seems to have lost a bit of its energy. Not quite as goose-bump worthy. Still a lot of fun. Oops, Imoressions de France is starting. Shhhh.
    Granted it was before the start of summer, but when I was there the first week of May, I was able to get 3 trips on Soarin' first thing in the morning when it was posted as a 10-15 minute wait (probably approx 1 hour to do all 3 rides including wait time and finally leaving the pavilion). During these rides I decided I agree with others that have suggested the center section is better regarding the significant curvature noted in some elements in the new film. I didn't notice at all the times I sat in the center, but I did every time before when I was in the edge sections. I plan to always ask to wait for center section in the future.
    -Dave

Waiting for O' Canada to let in; we are resting comfortably in the cool, Canadian basement.

After Soarin' this morning we rode Nemo, Spaceship Earth, and The Land, and enjoyed each of them immeasurably!

We scored follow-up fastpasses for Test Track, but we'll probably have to do stand-by for Frozen if it's not too terribly long. I finally watched it the other night (Frozen), and I didn't hate it. It was actually pretty entertaining.

Walked around the world, enjoying some school bread and rice cream in Norway, a dunkel and pretzel in Germany, a box of macarons in France, and hoping to have room for fish and chips at some point in England, with hopefully a more wholesome supper at Sunshine Terrace if they don't close too soon.

And obviously we rode along with the two caballeros in search of Donald in Mexico.

We probably won't watch Illuminations; it's okay, but not my favorite. Not an every year thing for us. So we can leave the park once we've finished with everything. That way we can get a bit more sleep. Need to be up early for our Toy Story Mania fastpasses. Tomorrow also finds us at Morimoto's for a nice sit-down meal. I'm excited about that one.

TTFN! Martin Short is calling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Granted it was before the start of summer, but when I was there the first week of May, I was able to get 3 trips on Soarin' first thing in the morning when it was posted as a 10-15 minute wait (probably approx 1 hour to do all 3 rides including wait time and finally leaving the pavilion). During these rides I decided I agree with others that have suggested the center section is better regarding the significant curvature noted in some elements in the new film. I didn't notice at all the times I sat in the center, but I did every time before when I was in the edge sections. I plan to always ask to wait for center section in the future.
    Yeah, we had center row, but bottom center; so at times we could see the lower curvature of the screen. Still beautiful though.

To admin, why move this thread? This isn't a trip report; it's a place for people to post quick reflections on their current trips. Touring the Parks seems like an ideal location for it. If you are wondering why viewership is down, it might be because of heavy handed decisions like this one. It wouldn't have killed you to leave it where it was. Sheesh.

1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by petesimac View Post
    This isn't a trip report; it's a place for people to post quick reflections on their current trips.
    "post quick reflections on their current trips" would pretty much be a trip report, though some people do post longer ones. I believe Touring the Parks is about planning questions.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Sounds like the start of another great trip, Pete!

Great updates and, for me, posted in the right place. Not too many of us old MP posters left. I hope you keep having a great trip. Our trip paths may yet cross after a decade of July is your season. Team Scoobydooby are due back July 2018, ten years and three months after the children first entered the Magic!!!!! Have a slice of mango pie on me x

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Make that 11 years. I am getting too ancient to count!

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

And now back again!!!! I don't know why this was moved either?

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    Great updates and, for me, posted in the right place. Not too many of us old MP posters left. I hope you keep having a great trip. Our trip paths may yet cross after a decade of July is your season. Team Scoobydooby are due back July 2018, ten years and three months after the children first entered the Magic!!!!! Have a slice of mango pie on me x
    Wow, you're one of them psycho fanatics, ain't ye?

Pete,
    Our trip last November, we stayed till park close and was able to ride many things with little to no wait especially in the New Fantasyland area. I know we rode Goofy's Barnstormer 4-5 times in a row without getting off. We also rode Under the Sea and Dumbo with no wait. On this trip, we finally were able to see "The Kiss Goodnight." Pretty cool.