Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: The 1971 Walt Disney World We Never Got

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

The 1971 Walt Disney World We Never Got

The 1971 Walt Disney World We Never Got by Jim Korkis

Jim turns back time for what might have been at the Florida park.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Thanks for a fascinating article. But shame on you for referring to the Ticket & Transportation Center, when all of us Disney pros know it's the Transportation and Ticket Center!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

You are correct, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Thanks for a fascinating article. But shame on you for referring to the Ticket & Transportation Center, when all of us Disney pros know it's the Transportation and Ticket Center!

You are correct, sir! One of the challenges I have as a writer is that I scrupulously check and re-check the new, never before written, details to make sure they are right and then trip up over the most common nomenclature. To this day, I still refer to Disney's Hollywood Studios as "MGM". Thankfully, more astute eyes and comments like this, help keep me correct. Thanks.

This is indeed fascinating stuff. While I'm glad they included a number of "classic" attractions in the Magic Kingdom which are nearly identical to their California versions, it would have really great to have had a Magic Kingdom with different attractions. The Mary Poppins dark ride, for example, would have been phenomenal.

I still wish there were more resorts in the Magic Kingdom area. That empty plot of land along the Seven Seas Lagoon between the Transportation & Ticket Center and the Contemporary really needs a big themed resort. I love the idea of a hotel themed to Main Street U.S.A., too. It's not too late; it's a big property!