Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 7/3 it is much busier

  1. #1

    7/3 it is much busier

    Parking garage closed before 745am. We parked in the toy Story lot and walked. The bus line was over an hour long. Security was fast, waived through, no metal detector. The lines were backed up to the bus landing.

    Entered the park at 845am. First fastpass for 930 at Space Mountain .

    More to come.


  2. # ADS

    Join Date
    Location
    Posts
     

  3. #2
    Registered User
    MousePad Subscriber
    cstephens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Dystopia
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by binki View Post
    Parking garage closed before 745am.
    I assume it wasn't closed because it was full. I've noticed they often restrict access to Mickey and Friends during the mid-morning part of the day, so the only access is through the flyover lanes. Other times, they do it pretty much to force people to park at Toy Story, which always annoyed me because they were making you park further away when you got there earlier, but later arrivals got to park in the closer M&F lot.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine


    His concerts ALWAYS end with "Take Me Home". If he hasn't played it, it's not time to leave yet.

  4. #3
    At home in the hills candles71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    foresthill Ca
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    I assume it wasn't closed because it was full. I've noticed they often restrict access to Mickey and Friends during the mid-morning part of the day, so the only access is through the flyover lanes. Other times, they do it pretty much to force people to park at Toy Story, which always annoyed me because they were making you park further away when you got there earlier, but later arrivals got to park in the closer M&F lot.
    They also park Pumbaa early. I believe it is a staffing thing. They fill the outlying lots first so they can pull those CMs in to Mickey and Friends afterwards.

  5. #4

    Not sure about the lot but the outside parking across from the trams was completely full. Katella had a lane blocked (Thank you city of Anaheim) and there were many cars making the right on to Harbor from non turning lanes. Combine all that with lots of pedestrians and cars that were cutting in the turn line down the road and there were a lot of unhappy people.

    As far as the park went, it wasn't so crowded that you couldn't move but it was crowded. We were able to get FastPasses for Thunder Mountain, Haunted House and Splash Mountain and walk right on. The times were for right then. This was all before noon. We were also able to make a reservation for the Carnation Cafe with an arrival time of 11:50, making the reservation at 11:10.

    After 12:00 both parks were very busy. We did the single rider line at Radiator Springs, it was shorter than the FastPass line (the same on Saturday) and by the time we got off the ride the single rider was backed up to the entrance but the FastPass line was backed up to the Cozy Cone Motel.

    We left around 3pm. It was 93 degrees at that point and just too much with the crowds to stay. We headed down to Newport Beach where the temp was a more reasonable 75.


  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    I assume it wasn't closed because it was full. I've noticed they often restrict access to Mickey and Friends during the mid-morning part of the day, so the only access is through the flyover lanes. Other times, they do it pretty much to force people to park at Toy Story, which always annoyed me because they were making you park further away when you got there earlier, but later arrivals got to park in the closer M&F lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    They also park Pumbaa early. I believe it is a staffing thing. They fill the outlying lots first so they can pull those CMs in to Mickey and Friends afterwards.
    Thanks for the info. I normally come down Harbor from the 91 and turn on Ball. I will change that to turn on Santa Ana and try the flyover first. If that is closed and the Ball road entrance is closed and the Parking entrance on Magic is closed and the parking just before Katella on the right is closed I will go down to Orangewood and over to Harbor and come up from the south. Katella is terrible to take for that parking lot.

  7. #6

    Hmm, we were able to park in M&F before park open. They sent us to the ground lot behind the structure (must have been 740 or so since we left the house at 0705).

    DCA was moderately busy; entered park at 0755, got a FP for GOTGMB with a return time of 0930. Walked on to RSR single rider, and waited 45 minutes for TSMM. After we rode GOTG, we left the park for the day as it was getting busy (around 1040 or so).

    Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveMartin View Post
    Hmm, we were able to park in M&F before park open. They sent us to the ground lot behind the structure (must have been 740 or so since we left the house at 0705).
    Well, at 7:45am it was all blocked off from the Ball Road ground entrance. I don't know about the flyover.

    As far as my new driving directions it will save me a lot of hassle at Ball/Disney way trying to make that left into the parking.

  9. #8

    Forgot to mention that we did the U-turn for the flyover entry. Chose furthest left lane in the queue and the leftmost booth opened in front of us allowing us to bypass most of the line!

    Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveMartin View Post
    Forgot to mention that we did the U-turn for the flyover entry. Chose furthest left lane in the queue and the leftmost booth opened in front of us allowing us to bypass most of the line!
    Yeah, That is our new move. Thanks for the info. We are going tonight for the fireworks.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •